That Star Jump

Just in case you thought you were being biased in your view of the cheating / match fixing / ineptitude, depending on your point of view, which went on at the end of the Cardiff game. It appears what went off with the officials decision making did not go unnoticed in.... Fulham. 

https://fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/should-referee-keith-stroud-be-struck-off-after-appalling-decision-in-cardiff-v-sheffield-wednesday-game/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

Just in case you thought you were being biased in your view of the cheating / match fixing / ineptitude, depending on your point of view, which went on at the end of the Cardiff game. It appears what went off with the officials decision making did not go unnoticed in.... Fulham. 

https://fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/should-referee-keith-stroud-be-struck-off-after-appalling-decision-in-cardiff-v-sheffield-wednesday-game/

However bad it was, we're not going to get the 2 points back. 

The officials will carry on with their job, eventually a rule will be discussed to stop it happening, blah blah blah. 

Its win at all costs these days, and cheats like Warnock will continue to ruin the beautiful game.

7 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

However bad it was, we're not going to get the 2 points back. 

The officials will carry on with their job, eventually a rule will be discussed to stop it happening, blah blah blah. 

Its win at all costs these days, and cheats like Warnock will continue to ruin the beautiful game.

I know it's futile, and the points aren't coming back, and only the club can decide to pursue it, but the club deserve an answer.

It was on national television and can't be swept under the carpet on the highlights edit on Saturday night. 

• Like 1

I’m as wound up by our players lack of complaints as I am about the ridiculous decision itself 

Only Dawson seem aggrieved. 

I’m not normally one for having a go at the ref after the decision has been made but in this case I’d make an exception 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

I know it's futile, and the points aren't coming back, and only the club can decide to pursue it, but the club deserve an answer.

It was on national television and can't be swept under the carpet on the highlights edit on Saturday night. 

It’s Man U v Liverpool today - so one of our players could have turned pink and played in a dress and it wouldn’t have made the news 

• Haha 3

It would almost be worthwhile dropping the 2 points if the FA would issue a notice saying that future incidents will be ruled offside and the player doing the star jump will be booked after the free kick is taken. Any 'goal' will be disallowed.

It is obviously designed to interfere with the goalkeeper. Why would any player decide to do star jumps for a minute antwhere on the pitch? To do them in an offside position can't be anything other than an attempt to interfere with play. To be honest the 4 officials should be banned from officiating for a period, if it was up to me it would be until the had been re-educated in the rules of the game.

It won't happen, the FA will turn a blind eye until it happens in the Premiership and one of the top teams is a victim. 

1 hour ago, torres said:

I’m as wound up by our players lack of complaints as I am about the ridiculous decision itself 

I’m not normally one for having a go at the ref after the decision has been made but in this case I’d make an exception 

it's the wednesday way, it has been for half a century plus.

1 hour ago, torres said:

I've seen a few people say this and I agree they don't get in the ref's face anywhere near what other teams do but did they even see it? Most of them had their backs to what was going off behind them. By the time they turned round, he'd stopped. 

8 minutes ago, torres said:

I just don’t get it.

Not bothered?

Didn’t think anything wrong?

Just good discipline?

To a certain extent I can see why the players don't react. It's futile. It never changes anything. 

The linesman refused to even look in the Direction of Dawson when he complained. You could even argue Dawson shouldn't have complained while it was happening, as he lost focus on the reality if the situation: The lineman and the ref didn't see it as a problem. They now have to answer why they didn't think it was a problem. Clearly offside, clearly interfering with play. 

That's why it's now for the Club to pursue this. It needs a response, even if it only highlights Cardiff's con tricks to other refs for the rest of the season. 

As others outside of SWFC have brought this up, it may be worth a punt with a question.

A question, not a specific complaint.   Bring more attention to this because atrocious reffing is becoming the norm and it does need addressing.

This football club is being attacked from all sides currently, it's about time it got itself a spine and started being vociferous when we are hard done by, wether that is by a ref, by the SAG, by the local business that provides transport for the city or if it's some prat on TV after their latest Premiership defeat making reference to SWFC instead of his own teams performance on the pitch.

Edited by Salmonbones
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Owl 44 said:

I watched it back and Flint actually keeps looking at Dawson and trying to get in his line of sight. The cheating tvvat. I'm staggered it stood. Dawson, meanwhile was complaining before the kick had been taken. 

I'd like to hear Dawson's side of events. You could even imagine Flint had something to say to him while he was turning around during his Star Jump routine. 

The irony is, the free kick was perfect and they didn't need to cheat, but cheat they did. And the linesman looked on, at what he thought was a well worked Warnock Free kick. Warnock claims post match its the type of thing other teams do to them. (Always the victim). The League need to look into Cardiff's poor treatment if this is what they've been reduced too.

The question has to be asked, with both having a clear view, why did the lineman and ref not believe it was offside?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, prowl said:

It would almost be worthwhile dropping the 2 points if the FA would issue a notice saying that future incidents will be ruled offside and the player doing the star jump will be booked after the free kick is taken. Any 'goal' will be disallowed.

It is obviously designed to interfere with the goalkeeper. Why would any player decide to do star jumps for a minute antwhere on the pitch? To do them in an offside position can't be anything other than an attempt to interfere with play. To be honest the 4 officials should be banned from officiating for a period, if it was up to me it would be until the had been re-educated in the rules of the game.

It won't happen, the FA will turn a blind eye until it happens in the Premiership and one of the top teams is a victim. 

That will never happen though . A top prem side will have a ref that would stop it immediately . Only further down the food chain do refs just go , f@@k it what you going to do about it .