We need to mobilise as a fanbase to oppose the “SYP/SAG” restrictions. How do we do that?

On face value, the issues of ground exit restrictions; North Stand capacity restrictions and surrounding road restrictions are all related.

However, the fans need to split these into the individual parts. The exit and ground capacity matters are being dealt with by the club. If the club is successful in getting a good outcome in December in court, this will impact on the need for road restrictions around the ground - particularly closing Penistone Road. 

In the mean time, fans should urge all residents and business owners they know in the affected areas to write; objecting to the proposals. These proposals are only at consultation stage so they can be amended or stopped subject to the level of objection.

48 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Their involved in the conspiracy as well dangerous times to be a Wednesday fan... Take care keep out of dark alleyways and stay away from beautiful foreign women who might approach you.

Not a problem, we’re off to Benidorm for our annual November Fiestas pilgrimage soon.

No danger of beautiful women there, foreign or otherwise!

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, vulva said:

My view, and it’s a best guess, is that the club don’t communicate effectively with the various authorities. We have form in this, with the way they communicate with their own fans, other clubs on transfers and loans etc and the EFL around he issue of FFP. 

It would be interesting to see both sides of the correspondence I concur. So we may be shooting the messenger a little with SAG and SYP. 

As is normal it is us fans who bear the brunt of this. I have parked on Claywheels Lane for 25 years, there has never been a problem and indeed its non residential which I would have thought is exactly the right place. My selfish issue is that driving 2 plus hours to get to home games I don't want all this hassle the last bit of that journey

4 minutes ago, Ibbo48 said:

It only needs half a dozen of us to stand on the Town Hall steps with badly made banners and placards looking suitably outraged.

Always makes front page of Star

Ah but we're not LGBT or an ethnic minority so they'll not give a șhït

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, The only way is S6 said:

There’s a parking space in it for all who attend.

Yes, maybe so. BUT is there a way to approach the car park  FROM ALL DIRECTIONS. Don't forget, Wednesdayites approach from Middlewood Road, and Penistone RD|Southbound, Herries \Rd,Penistone Rd from the City Centre, Middlewood Rd likewise, and from Malin Bridge, via Rivelin Valley, and other ways.

Whilst car parking was certainly an issue,People, of whom I am one , travel to the ground, are dropped there and require pick up there. The last home match, we came via Malin Bridge, Middlewoood Rd, Lepp. Lane and Catch Bar Lane to the bridge. At the end of the game, my Daughter came from Dore, via City Centre, and attempted to turn into Parkside Road. Penistone Road was totally grid locked even before the match ended.thanks to the block.

This system, drawn up, I am sure, by a Foreign Student from who knows where, who simply looked at ONE POINT. Keep Wednesday fans away from the West side of the ground!   

55 minutes ago, Animis said:

On face value, the issues of ground exit restrictions; North Stand capacity restrictions and surrounding road restrictions are all related.

However, the fans need to split these into the individual parts. The exit and ground capacity matters are being dealt with by the club. If the club is successful in getting a good outcome in December in court, this will impact on the need for road restrictions around the ground - particularly closing Penistone Road. 

In the mean time, fans should urge all residents and business owners they know in the affected areas to write; objecting to the proposals. These proposals are only at consultation stage so they can be amended or stopped subject to the level of objection.

Of course it's all related. Basically SAG's pathetic "solution" to a bit of handbags after a Sheffield derby has now led to thousands of people who aren't even interested in football being inconvenienced 23+ days of the year.

Because SYP apparently now can't cope with even the smallest away followings coming into contact with home fans (which happens at the vast majority of grounds all over the country without incident, and has never been a big issue at Hillsborough in 120 years until now, as a child I used to walk out of the North and up Leppings Lane cutting straight through huge tides of thousands of Geordies, Mancs and scousers etc. who were heading to Wadsley rail station with no bother whatsoever), home fans are made to all leave at the opposite end, resulting in concerns rightly being raised by those fans for their safety on the road at that end. Which led to a section of road being closed for an hour, and which now looks like being extended for further and longer to also negatively impact local residents and businesses. 

Its utterly farcical. I could even understand if they used these measures very occasionally say when Leeds come here, but it's completely stupid and pointless when all those thousands of fans and public are hugely inconvenienced when there are 200 fans from Luton here on a Tuesday night. 

1 minute ago, alanharper said:

Of course it's all related. Basically SAG's pathetic "solution" to a bit of handbags after a Sheffield derby has now led to thousands of people who aren't even interested in football being inconvenienced 23+ days of the year.

Because SYP apparently now can't cope with even the smallest away followings coming into contact with home fans (which happens at the vast majority of grounds all over the country without incident, and has never been a big issue at Hillsborough in 120 years until now, as a child I used to walk out of the North and up Leppings Lane cutting straight through huge tides of thousands of Geordies, Mancs and scousers etc. who were heading to Wadsley rail station with no bother whatsoever), home fans are made to all leave at the opposite end, resulting in concerns rightly being raised by those fans for their safety on the road at that end. Which led to a section of road being closed for an hour, and which now looks like being extended for further and longer to also negatively impact local residents and businesses. 

Its utterly farcical. I could even understand if they used these measures very occasionally say when Leeds come here, but it's completely stupid and pointless when all those thousands of fans and public are hugely inconvenienced when there are 200 fans from Luton here on a Tuesday night. 

There has been game-related restrictions in leaving the North and South stands via Leppings Lane for a few years now. I agree that the 'new' combined ground and traffic restrictions are a sledgehammer to crack a nut and I'm sure the club have good experts who will not only challenge the authorities on this come December, but offer new proposals that are easier and sensible for everyone.

Really think the timing of all this, coinciding with Duckenfields retrial speaks volumes.

At some stage the defence is going to submit that Hillsborough has a fundamental safety  design fault, it had it in 89 and it still has it now m’lud, just look at the restrictions SYP/SAG/SCC have recently had to put in place just to keep the fans safe!

Our client can’t possibly be guilty!

Wednesday being used as the sacrificial lamb to finally put the disaster to bed!

Edited by casbahowl

3 hours ago, akbuk said:

Maybe Chansiri could spend some money on altering the entry and exit to and from the away end

The same entry and exit that has been absolutely fine for many many decades, often with far more fans than it currently has to deal with.

That one?

Admittedly, I did come up with a solution for changing this, which has been jumped on by others on this very forum as their own idea, however I don't think it needs implementing unless we absolutely get no where saying these sanctions are absolute turd.

Edited by Salmonbones

2 hours ago, casbahowl said:

Really think the timing of all this, coinciding with Duckenfields retrial speaks volumes.

At some stage the defence is going to submit that Hillsborough has a fundamental safety  design fault, it had it in 89 and it still has it now m’lud, just look at the restrictions SYP/SAG/SCC have recently had to put in place just to keep the fans safe!

Our client can’t possibly be guilty!

Wednesday being used as the sacrificial lamb to finally put the disaster to bed!

If they claimed that, it would open them up to a world of pain.

I didn't start attending matches at Hillsborough until '91. If the ground were fundamentally unsafe for the entirety of my football-watching life, I'd like to think that the police and any relevant council bodies whose responsibility it is to ensure the ground is safe would have noticed and acted upon this before now.

To have allowed me and tens of thousands of others to have attended hundreds of games in an unsafe stadium without any such restrictions in place for the past three decades would be tantamount to negligence. 

Unless these measures aren't really necessary, of course?