Westwood’s injury

Guest Kagoshimaowl

2 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

If the referee had done his job against Cardiff, Dawson wouldn't have conceded

But yeah, let's have a go at a good young player

What constitutes ‘having a go’ these days, commenting on whats right in front of you? 

20 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Frightens me too mate. Guaranteed at least 1 goal conceded a game. And before anyone starts calling me negative, look up the facts lol 

55 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

What constitutes ‘having a go’ these days, commenting on whats right in front of you? 

Read your own post

You're a glass half full type

We have a good young player on our hands

You talk of facts, I gave you a fact

If the referee had done his job right, Dawson wouldn't have conceded

I noticed you didn't comment on his great save down at the foot of the post

You're a critic not a supporter

• Thanks 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

I think looking at this seasons stats the question is has the lad learned and  improved from last season?? 

There's also the other factor we had jos the new tinkerman changing the back 4/5/3 in front of him every week. Nobody in the defence half the time knew what was going on let alone an under experienced keeper in goal. 

Was our upturn in fortunes solely down to the return of Westwood, or partly becouse we started using a settled backline including keeper whenever possible and hutch returned to screen the backline more effectively than joey had been doing ? 

Therefore going back to this season where we've also tried not to rotate too much unless forced to do so, is his better goals to games ratio improved becouse of this. Yet Westwood has in my mind not been up to his previous seasons standards I'm afraid. 

Edited by shezzas left peg
  • Like 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl
15 hours ago, OhForAnotherShez said:

Commanding the area against Colin's team is not the easiest.

22 free kicks when you're up against bodies resembling those in WWF.

Bloody hell, they had players the size of animals?

1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

Why are people on here unable to talk about one keeper without slating the other?

Absolutely, we have three good GK IMO none of which are immune to errors.

Westwood is the more rounded and experienced, but no concerns at all if Dawson starts on Tuesday.

11 minutes ago, striker said:

Absolutely, we have three good GK IMO none of which are immune to errors.

Westwood is the more rounded and experienced, but no concerns at all if Dawson starts on Tuesday.

Dawson just needs to work on dealing with crosses otherwise he's a good stand in for Westwood who seems to be getting more prone to injury, sure monk is keeping tracks on both. 

19 hours ago, frastheowl said:

As fans, we constantly crave the necessity to bring players through our academy, and blood our own youngsters.

Yet, as soon as any promising youngster comes through, we cannot wait to throw them to the lions. It happened with Wildsmith two seasons ago, last season Baker, Penney and Dawson all took flak for not performing consistently (despite playing with senior pros who were performing poorly at the time).

And it's continued this season with Dawson getting uncalled for and totally undeserved criticism. 

Dawson is a fantastic prospect. And he, without doubt, has the potential and attributes to become our number one for a very long time. But Westwood's almost God-like status, has almost made Dawson his antithesis, instead of the natural progression. If people actually watch games subjectively, it's clear Westwood is on the decline. He's made an alarmingly increasing rate of mistakes this season...and yet, Dawson comes in, performs admirably, and yet is castigated, for conceding a free kick from 20 yards out. It's pure hypocrisy. 

Is it really too much to ask SUPPORTERS to SUPPORT the future of OUR football club? 

dawson can't catch.

22 minutes ago, debram said:

Dawson just needs to work on dealing with crosses otherwise he's a good stand in for Westwood who seems to be getting more prone to injury, sure monk is keeping tracks on both. 

true, but, if it gets to the time when dawson should have improved his handling, and he hasn't (and that time has been around for the last 18 months), it's time for him to move.

no sentiment whatsoever involved, if he's not good enough he should be moved on ex academy or not at the end of this season.

17 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Anyone remember how good our form was and how many clean sheets we kept last season when the clown was sacked and Westwood came back in goal. 

That was down to Jos' methods more than anything else.

I'd like to see Dawson given a chance with a settled and experienced defence in front of him.

4 minutes ago, debram said:

It's very likely a confidence issue, the goalkeeping coaches need to work on this in training. 

IF we've got to this stage in his career and 'coaches' haven't been working on handling of crosses, then there is something very seriously wrong with the management and coaching at SWFC.

he's been under at least 4 managers, and 2 keeping coaches, do you really think they haven't worked on his 'handling of crosses'?

it is 'confidence', he's very poor under a crossed ball, and he knows it, and IF he plays a prolonged spell in the first team, the division will too.

2 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

IF we've got to this stage in his career and 'coaches' haven't been working on handling of crosses, then there is something very seriously wrong with the management and coaching at SWFC.

he's been under at least 4 managers, and 2 keeping coaches, do you really think they haven't worked on his 'handling of crosses'?

it is 'confidence', he's very poor under a crossed ball, and he knows it, and IF he plays a prolonged spell in the first team, the division will too.

Did you mean if he stays 1st team we're staying in this division this year. 

Agree he's had plenty of time to improve on crosses and my guess is monk will try to bring in another keeper January. 

2 minutes ago, debram said:

Did you mean if he stays 1st team we're staying in this division this year. 

Agree he's had plenty of time to improve on crosses and my guess is monk will try to bring in another keeper January. 

we're likely staying in this division this years anyway, BUT IF monk can add significant improvements at Christmas to m/f, l/b, and attack (especially attack) then we can involve ourselves in the play offs.

dawson is one hell of a line keeper, and shot stopper (I rate him above westwood) but he can't catch. 

it wouldn't be long before the division knew wednesday had a juggler in the nets. 

it will be interesting to see IF monk thinks it's essential for a keeper so soon.

13 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Read your own post

You're a glass half full type

We have a good young player on our hands

You talk of facts, I gave you a fact

If the referee had done his job right, Dawson wouldn't have conceded

I noticed you didn't comment on his great save down at the foot of the post

You're a critic not a supporter

Thousands of times I’ve praised players on here, Fletcher, Borner and Iorfa every week for example. So don’t call me the critic for pointing out faults with Dawson. 

As I’ve also said (if you’d bothered to look)  his shot stopping is very strong, but his command of his area is pathetic