Was Monk right las night ?

By not bringing FF into the match?  He was surely aware that Stroud has sent FF off before ; and the way that Stroud was giving everything Cardiff's way may have affected his thinking. Also, knowing whatatwat Stroud is, can you imagine his glee at seeing FF enter the pitch ? It'd be something like, "YESSSS! It's that diving little bugger who's just finished a six match ban and I get the chance to FUCKHIMOVER FIRST, again" FFS  :bullen:

32 minutes ago, cognacbarnowl said:

By not bringing FF into the match?  He was surely aware that Stroud has sent FF off before ; and the way that Stroud was giving everything Cardiff's way may have affected his thinking. Also, knowing whatatwat Stroud is, can you imagine his glee at seeing FF enter the pitch ? It'd be something like, "YESSSS! It's that diving little bugger who's just finished a six match ban and I get the chance to FUCKHIMOVER FIRST, again" FFS  :bullen:

I believe this was a factor in considerations for substitutions  and rightly so...

I think so. We was one bad decision away from a massive result. We weren’t constantly carved open, or ripped to shreds. We was consistently solid throughout, our attacking play in the last half hour dropped off, being 1-0 up away from home you naturally drop deeper and that’s always precarious. All in all was a good performance and a good point. 

nuhiu for bannan was a strange one but not as strange as bringing murphy on and leaving FF scratching his arse on the bench …...monk is no fool and i'd love to know the reason why he went the way he did coz i'm buggered if I can see why he went that route . 

Could understand Nuhiu for Bannan if there was 5 minutes to go but not for last 25. Also took our biggest threat off at a time we were only likely to hit them on a quick breakaway. That said, would have worked but for that wankstain of a referee.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Brommers said:

Could understand Nuhiu for Bannan if there was 5 minutes to go but not for last 25. Also took our biggest threat off at a time we were only likely to hit them on a quick breakaway. That said, would have worked but for that wankstain of a referee.

It was also doubly strange considering monk's comments after the match on sky. He said the reason why we struggled late on was because we didn't get the ball down. So what does he do? Takes off the one player who can do that.

30 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

It was also doubly strange considering monk's comments after the match on sky. He said the reason why we struggled late on was because we didn't get the ball down. So what does he do? Takes off the one player who can do that.

He wanted the play pushed further up and Nuhiu holds the ball up better than anyone else at the club

Sometimes you get it right, sometimes you don't. 

I'm not sure I'd be chucking Nando in last night. He's probably not match fit and we were trying to see out a pretty scrappy game against a direct opponent. 

Can understand the logic of bringing on the big man for Bazza in order to give us some more height and presence. 

It didn't work, but on another night we get away with it. 

Over all, I think Monk is doing a pretty solid job. Defensively we are pretty damn good at the moment. Just need a bit more of a spark going forward. 

• Like 1

Can understand why he brought Nuhiu on when he did.

We had been under the cosh for around 15 minutes and an equaliser looked on the cards, we were giving a lot of free kicks away and Cardiff were causing us problems with their big central defenders coming up for these. To a certain extent this substitution worked as their central defenders didn't cause us as many problems.

We were just ripped off by one of the most diabolical decisions I have seen, OK a ref can get a tackle wrong as he only has a split second to see it. But to allow a 6ft 6inch player to star jump in an offside position in front of the keeper for 30 seconds and not blow up shows total incompetence.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Terryowl said:

Monk hot it wrong with full backs and subs against Cardiff full stop.

But hopefully he will learn.

The full backs were solid, Fox especially. We were a cack referee away from yet another clean sheet, why you think that makes the full backs a problem I'm not sure.

Under massive pressure from the 60th minute on (after having a fantastic first 15 of the second half without scoring), we needed changes at that point and they needed to be the right changes, they took too long to be made and they were the wrong changes, Forestieri would have given us an out ball to win free kicks or snatch a second goal on the break, I'm not sure why seeing the same abject performance over and over from Murphy still results in him getting game time, I'd rather Odubajo have come on as a winger to be frank, he may be making defensive errors but workrate, desire, attacking intent have never been lacking from him.

Total f@#k up unfortunately showing for me he was the wrong man. Good at exploiting opposition weaknesses. Impressed by that. However has no style of our own or ability to hold pressue opposition. That's not a way to get promoted. He's not the real deal looks like he's half the manager he's been. Scratching out results is what you do at the bottom. Doing that against sides like Cardiff and Wigan I get but under him we look like we have no style Reach playing crap what's he doing to change that Bannan plays worse when he's moaning so you make him Captain,  stupid he's limited him and not getting best of him. Fletch gets isolated too much. 

Nuihu is a lovely guy but other than a man to throw on to shake things up why would you okay him as much as he's done totally ridiculous. Cardiff game we invited them on by stupid changes. Bannan moves the ball and rarely looses it so you take him off. Could have lost the game. Reminds me of last season with Jos and how things started to drop away. Looked ok at start results wise but play eventually and his attitude ment slump into disastrous streak.

Very disappointed. I know if we had won 2-0 we could have gone top. That is short sited though. Unfortunately............