Do polite coaches come second?

39 minutes ago, poite said:

At the time I hardly even noticed the idiot jumping up and down waving his arms around 3 yards offside...

I was too busy looking at the truly awful positioning by Dawson and seeing the ball gently land in that corner of the goal about 30seconds before it actually happened 

Hi Keith :ph34r:

• Haha 1

On 19/10/2019 at 16:22, wilfsmith said:

Can you ever imagine last night’s ‘goal’ being allowed at Old Trafford with Sir Alex at the helm or at Newcastle under Benitez, at Man City, at Chelsea or even Wolves to name just a few.

Benitez's nasty words didn't prevent him losing to a goal scored by a beachball a few years back.

Can you ever imagine last night’s ‘goal’ being allowed at Old Trafford with Sir Alex at the helm or at Newcastle under Benitez, at Man City, at Chelsea or even Wolves to name just a few.

I WAS AMAZED TO SEE HOW CALM AND COMPOSED Gary Monk was in the after match interview last night. He was given every opportunity to criticise what he saw on the pitch but just ‘straight-batted’ everything and ‘was pleased with the point.’

So it begs the question, are we pleased that our coach takes the moral high ground and refuses to be drawn into criticising officials?

I am certain that referees have been intimidated by high profile and vocally critical managers in the past. I’m sure they would think twice before making controversial decisions against clubs managed by certain vocal managers. Monk gets praise from me for the way he handles himself and I know persistently blaming officials (a la Warnock) after the event becomes annoying and does nothing to change the result.

However, my point is do some refs now think,           ‘Ah it’s only Wednesday and Monk, they won’t kick up too much of a fuss if I make a mistake. I’ll give it?’

Monk was going absolutely mental on the touchline, and rightly so throughout the game at the numerous poor decisions.

Post match is a different thing all together and I thought he was excellent like he has been in all of his post matches so far. We can't let the poor decision cloud the fact that we let them back into the game.

I WAS AMAZED TO SEE HOW CALM AND COMPOSED Gary Monk was in the after match interview last night. He was given every opportunity to criticise what he saw on the pitch but just ‘straight-batted’ everything and ‘was pleased with the point.’

So it begs the question, are we pleased that our coach takes the moral high ground and refuses to be drawn into criticising officials?

I am certain that referees have been intimidated by high profile and vocally critical managers in the past. I’m sure they would think twice before making controversial decisions against clubs managed by certain vocal managers. Monk gets praise from me for the way he handles himself and I know persistently blaming officials (a la Warnock) after the event becomes annoying and does nothing to change the result.

However, my point is do some refs now think,           ‘Ah it’s only Wednesday and Monk, they won’t kick up too much of a fuss if I make a mistake. I’ll give it?’

No load of rubbish - I give you...

Jos!

lol

14 hours ago, Owls2k said:

Monk was going absolutely mental on the touchline, and rightly so throughout the game at the numerous poor decisions.

Post match is a different thing all together and I thought he was excellent like he has been in all of his post matches so far. We can't let the poor decision cloud the fact that we let them back into the game.

Quite correct - its 100% our fault we failed to win that game even if you take into account the free kick that shouldn't have been.