Do polite coaches come second?

Can you ever imagine last night’s ‘goal’ being allowed at Old Trafford with Sir Alex at the helm or at Newcastle under Benitez, at Man City, at Chelsea or even Wolves to name just a few.

I WAS AMAZED TO SEE HOW CALM AND COMPOSED Gary Monk was in the after match interview last night. He was given every opportunity to criticise what he saw on the pitch but just ‘straight-batted’ everything and ‘was pleased with the point.’

So it begs the question, are we pleased that our coach takes the moral high ground and refuses to be drawn into criticising officials?

I am certain that referees have been intimidated by high profile and vocally critical managers in the past. I’m sure they would think twice before making controversial decisions against clubs managed by certain vocal managers. Monk gets praise from me for the way he handles himself and I know persistently blaming officials (a la Warnock) after the event becomes annoying and does nothing to change the result.

However, my point is do some refs now think,           ‘Ah it’s only Wednesday and Monk, they won’t kick up too much of a fuss if I make a mistake. I’ll give it?’

• Haha 1

?

Nothing happens...they just get a fine

Man United is totally different animal, everything they do gets documented by the media

It just gets swept under the carpet..the villa match the other year was worse and we had that scottish idiot taking the wee wee

the world moves on and cares little for Championship clubs

Championship refs are just on autopilot nowadays and im not sure they know the law in black and white 

They were just dog awful at their jobs

Edited by HIGHERSTATE

12 minutes ago, wilfsmith said:

Can you ever imagine last night’s ‘goal’ being allowed at Old Trafford with Sir Alex at the helm or at Newcastle under Benitez, at Man City, at Chelsea or even Wolves to name just a few.

I WAS AMAZED TO SEE HOW CALM AND COMPOSED Gary Monk was in the after match interview last night. He was given every opportunity to criticise what he saw on the pitch but just ‘straight-batted’ everything and ‘was pleased with the point.’

So it begs the question, are we pleased that our coach takes the moral high ground and refuses to be drawn into criticising officials?

I am certain that referees have been intimidated by high profile and vocally critical managers in the past. I’m sure they would think twice before making controversial decisions against clubs managed by certain vocal managers. Monk gets praise from me for the way he handles himself and I know persistently blaming officials (a la Warnock) after the event becomes annoying and does nothing to change the result.

However, my point is do some refs now think,           ‘Ah it’s only Wednesday and Monk, they won’t kick up too much of a fuss if I make a mistake. I’ll give it?’

No...

Glad he didn't rant and rave, that should have been done by eleven of our players immediately after the goal was given.

Showed plenty of dignity leaving the Sky pundits to highlight the injustice.

Just submit your referees report against Stroud and his merry men.

30 minutes ago, wilfsmith said:

Sure that he'll be under firm instructions not to get involved.  There's enough s*** flying around SWFC, that an argumentative manager could see us playing to empty stadia or worse.  Let's hope that we have good lawyers on our case.  Agree that it was a shocking decision.  If I was Dawson, I would have dropped to the floor in agony to prevent to free kick.  As it looked to me, his positioning seemed less than perfect.  Still, a point....

They had a nailed on pen..the ref, was very poor..they did get away with

more than we did though.

Whatever, we were very poor 2nd half against a a reyt shower of warnocks shyte.

The subs monk made was fooookin nuts..warlock must have thought fooookin ell..they are givin us a chance.

Murphy don't wanna be here..

Guest everydays_wednesday
42 minutes ago, Worksop Wednesday said:

I was expecting to see  him to kick off as thought sky indicated as much just before their 500th ad break before his interview

Carlos used to pee me off congratulating the opposition

Imagine what Colin would have done ? Especially if FF had done a Flint !!! 

FF would have been sent off and got a 6 game ban to be fair .... !

On 19/10/2019 at 16:54, hangonrose said:

Sure that he'll be under firm instructions not to get involved.  There's enough s*** flying around SWFC, that an argumentative manager could see us playing to empty stadia or worse.  Let's hope that we have good lawyers on our case.  Agree that it was a shocking decision.  If I was Dawson, I would have dropped to the floor in agony to prevent to free kick.  As it looked to me, his positioning seemed less than perfect.  Still, a point....

Have looked at the replay a few times. Not sure Westwood could have done anything to change things.
True, Dawson was not in the centre of the goal having been complaining to the Lino on his left.

However, if he had positioned himself ‘correctly’ he would only have had a view of Flint’s backside.

The only blame to be apportioned is to the match officials who ignored the part of the offside law about interfering with play.

On 19/10/2019 at 16:28, Worksop Wednesday said:

I was expecting to see  him to kick off as thought sky indicated as much just before their 500th ad break before his interview

Carlos used to pee me off congratulating the opposition

Imagine what Colin would have done ? Especially if FF had done a Flint !!! 

Bazza would have had to be giving FF a piggy back to get in the goalies eye line whatever he was doing :duntmatter:

I would imagine it probably works the other way around to the op, carlos was very critical of the refs late in his tenure and it only seemed to encourage the refs to punish us further. FF could have been run over by a bus in those days and still get a yellow for diving...

I like the way Monk handled it and long may it continue.

Managers are now subject to the same rules as players and can be yellow or red carded, so you'll see less berating of match officials anyway. It's a pointless endeavor anyway, it won't change a decision, only taint an official's view for the next time there is a controversy. Stay classy Gary Monk.

At the time I hardly even noticed the idiot jumping up and down waving his arms around 3 yards offside...

I was too busy looking at the truly awful positioning by Dawson and seeing the ball gently land in that corner of the goal about 30seconds before it actually happened 

Edited by poite