Angry mad

3 minutes ago, torres said:

The ref was shocking! Totally inept. 

The non booking in the first half for their full back was a joke, the free kick for their goal was tough on us but looked clumsy-the actual goal was a shambles of officiating (why more than Dawson didn’t go mad I’ll never know)

but the thread moved on to suggest the entire refereeing world is against us, which is down right ridiculous 

I know I agree with that I’m just focussing on last nights game 

2 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

And yet we're even the exception to that rule. 

Monk and the club need to come up with a solution to this. It's probably worth 15 points over the season if it continues. 

We just need to stop giving away silly needless free kicks in and around our penalty area . 

5 minutes ago, torres said:

Yes, but stated previously we are as thick in the defensive free kicks as we are in offence.

When refs are not great, make sure you get the foul. Harris just carried on and lost the battle. 

Is it great to see? No, is it professional and beneficial to the team yes 

I never want to see anything other than sportsmanship hate cheating of any description. It isn’t right in any form 

The only reason he didn’t give the penalty on Flint was because he didn’t see it. If he had who knows.

Referees can’t see everything you have to accept that, like the arm onto Borner’s head but when they obviously see things you expect them to get most right. 

The non booking of the full back for fouling Harris, he had already been warned by the ref , immediately followed by booking Hutch was 100% bias based on Hutch’s reputation.

We have seen the same bias against FF for a few years 

It's been the case for a long time and I feel it's mostly down to the team's body language. 

Play with confidence and we avoid most of these silly decisions. That being said the ref was determined to give them a goal last night. 

I just don’t go for these conspiracy theories.

Truth is we’ve been on the wrong end of some awful reffing decisions but the team need to wise up too. Current championship refs are behaving as if football is a non contact sport and we are falling into the trap.
Some of our tackles last night were naive, especially around the edge of our own  area, but we didn’t change.

My only hope is that VAR is extended to all EFL games. Cardiff’s goal last night would have been disallowed for offside, interfering with play, and refs general standards would come under much more scrutiny.

Instead of constantly blaming referees, how about when your completely on top and in control of the game ,go for the second and put the game to bed. How about don’t give away stupid free kicks. Or make bizarre substitutions that invite pressure. Instead of moaning about other teams tactics, use these tactics ourselves. Start behaving like a team that wants to get promoted instead of panicking whenever we look like getting a result we didn’t expect, to go into a position we didn’t expect. 

Not sure if you read the op, it gives reasoning to why maybe how after been on top we couldn’t go get a second due to the refs performance, and how a lot of it becomes psychological in the mind set of both teams.

5 hours ago, Half time Bovril said:

I’m still annoyed at lasts night game, more so than other injustices with incurred. I know it’s daft but I’m sure some other of our fans feel the same. It’s ruined my weekend. 

How many more points are we going to lose due to absolute ridiculous inept officiating.

just off the top of my head tomlins deliberate assault on borner, the slicing down of Harris no card but hutch gets one, The fair tackles that are deemed as free kicks one resulting in there goal, then the obvious cheating and interfering with play. 

Its not not just the decisions that give the opposition an opportunity. But it changes the dynamics of the game. It’s not just chance the we where not as good in the second half, it alters the mindset of both sets of players. Little things that can alter the game, they became aware and go in for challengers harder, appeal for penalties, by the way ridiculous gamesmanship, knowing the ref has sided With them. 

Why do we seem to get these refs so so peeed off!!!!!!

Don’t forget Morrison tugging back Harris in the first half when one on one 

11 hours ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

I've concluded we are getting punished by the League via the refs for FFP.

Its the only explanation.

Don't anticipate conspiracy when there's no only ineptitude at play. Just chin up and move on, we can't overturn bad decisions against us, only keep on fighting!

People need to take the blue and white tinted specs offs. Yes, the ref was questionable at times but Warnock got his side out in the second half to do one over us and we took the bait. We played straight into their hands and let them turn the game into the style that suited them. 

They scored a goal that should have been offside but Dawson was all over the place (for most of the game quite honestly) so no surprise it went in. 

They didn't get a penalty that was stone wall. 

Get over it. 

Edited by poite