38 minutes ago, torres said:

I’m not having it.

They aren’t the best but I don’t believe they are corrupt one bit 

Not saying corrupt, but inept, it’s the human element you can’t take away a persons emotions 

• Agree 1

37 minutes ago, victorturner said:

True but the drive forward from our midfield is inadequate esp as Fletcher solo up front will never work if he is isolated 

Worked ok in the first half.

32 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Bitter pill to swallow. When we're one up with 5 mins remaining, you'd hope to see the game out and take the win. Nature of the equaliser piles on more frustration as well; a free-kick that wasn't, and a strike that should have been chalked off for offside. That said, we had our chances to put game to bed and didn't take them. Pressure was always going to build at one-nil. I'm more concerned about not getting that second goal. I thought the game was very similar to the Huddersfield match, but this time we couldn't add a second and got pegged back. Otherwise, it was a good away performance. With hindsight, Monk should rue his sub choices too.

we can't keep 'limping' by with one forward and one goal, and monk (hopefully) will address this at Christmas.

but in all honesty he hasn't a lot to swing a game from the bench at present, he is after all sending out a side with someone else's player choices in it.

32 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Disagree on that. Flint wasn't getting on the end of that cross anyway. Dawson plucked it out the air comfortably. It wouldn't have carried. Flint also went down like a 10-dollar hooker. 

is it 10 dollars now?, 'kin 'ell, and we complain about gate prices.

55 minutes ago, torres said:

Didn’t the ref’s inept performance help us with not giving the penalty?

Ok then there’s a blatant pen at every corner fair worse than Flints sudden loss of his legs , what’s your point ? 

• Agree 1

58 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

I've concluded we are getting punished by the League via the refs for FFP.

Its the only explanation.

What about the clear penalty when Palmer grabbed Flint’s shirt? If there was a conspiracy against Wednesday don’t you think the ref would’ve taken the opportunity to give that

If we’d taken advantage of our dominance in the first half and scored again; if we’d been good enough and brave enough to stick to our game plan in the second half; if we’d made positive substitutions instead of surrendering midfield, we’d have won the game and nobody would’ve mentioned referees or conspiracy theories. 

Negative mindset leads to negative outcomes 

• Agree 2

Take the ref out of the game if you take your chances. He was absolutely gash though. Standard seems to get worse year on year.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Ok then there’s a blatant pen at every corner fair worse than Flints sudden loss of his legs , what’s your point ? 

My point is this childish rant of all the referees are against us is ridiculous - any dropped points are more to do with ourselves than any outside influences 

I’m not sure what you mean by “fair worse” 

That free kick in injury time after they’d got the equaliser, Palmer (I think) with the slightest of touches in their guys back and the way he went down...laughable.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, torres said:

My point is this childish rant of all the referees are against us is ridiculous - any dropped points are more to do with ourselves than any outside influences 

I’m not sure what you mean by “fair worse” 

It’s difficult enough as history shows to come away from places like Cardiff with a win especially with the ref favouring  the home side . If we had maintained our form in the second half we would be top of the league now but surely you could see we lost out to more bad decisions than they did . I meant to put far worse , sorry .

Edited by dewsburyowl58

7 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

What about the clear penalty when Palmer grabbed Flint’s shirt? If there was a conspiracy against Wednesday don’t you think the ref would’ve taken the opportunity to give that

If we’d taken advantage of our dominance in the first half and scored again; if we’d been good enough and brave enough to stick to our game plan in the second half; if we’d made positive substitutions instead of surrendering midfield, we’d have won the game and nobody would’ve mentioned referees or conspiracy theories. 

Negative mindset leads to negative outcomes 

I agree, we've allowed it to happen as we should have had 2+ goals by half time. 

We've also played into the hands of their tactics and not been as smart as they were "winning fouls"

Flint dived, but it looked as if he was hard done by based on the standards set by the ref. For example, our Murphy managed to push one of their players over with his little finger.

lol

Maybe I'm biased, but the ref and the rest of the officials had either had the wool pulled over their eyes for 90 minutes, or there was a reason for their decisions. 

What about Hutch's yellow card in the first half, shortly after a foul given away by him which wasn't a foul, and a foul against Harris, which resulted in a Free kick, which was a clear goal scoring opportunity. In that case you'd expect a yellow or maybe a red depending on the ref. No yellow card was awarded against their full back though. 

I agree we can't use it as an excuse, but you have to recognize its happening, and the question is why?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

It’s difficult enough as history shows to come away from places like Cardiff with a win especially with the ref favouring  the home side . If we had maintained our form in the second half we would be top of the league now but surely you could see we lost out to more bad decisions than hey did . I’m meant to put far worse , sorry .

Maybe in the 2020s we'll get the refs on our side at home?

lol

1 hour ago, torres said:

Didn’t the ref’s inept performance help us with not giving the penalty?

What’s your opinion of the foul on Harris where he was about to charge into the penalty area but got taken out . Yellow card for me , you ? 

2 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

Maybe in the 2020s we'll get the refs on our side at home?

lol

Just want fairness mate , too many refs go with the home crowd . 

2 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

It’s difficult enough as history shows to come away from places like Cardiff with a win especially with the ref favouring  the home side . If we had maintained our form in the second half we would be top of the league now but surely you could see we lost out to more bad decisions than they did . I meant to put far worse , sorry .

The ref was shocking! Totally inept. 

The non booking in the first half for their full back was a joke, the free kick for their goal was tough on us but looked clumsy-the actual goal was a shambles of officiating (why more than Dawson didn’t go mad I’ll never know)

but the thread moved on to suggest the entire refereeing world is against us, which is down right ridiculous 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, S72 Owl said:

What about Tom Lees’ handball on the line against Reading?

Liam Palmers pull on Flint?

Hand of God. lol

Only would have made a 3-2 win instead of 3-1 anyway. :cool:

Poor as the ref was and as bad as some decisions were, still rather that than VAR. 

Edited by striker
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Just want fairness mate , too many refs go with the home crowd . 

And yet we're even the exception to that rule. 

Monk and the club need to come up with a solution to this. It's probably worth 15 points over the season if it continues. 

2 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

What’s your opinion of the foul on Harris where he was about to charge into the penalty area but got taken out . Yellow card for me , you ? 

Yes, but stated previously we are as thick in the defensive free kicks as we are in offence.

When refs are not great, make sure you get the foul. Harris just carried on and lost the battle. 

Is it great to see? No, is it professional and beneficial to the team yes 

2 minutes ago, striker said:

Poor as the ref was and as bad as some decisions were, still rather that than VAR. 

VAR will only makes it worse. More opportunities for tinkering with the result I think.