Our discipline this season

We are the dirtiest team in the league/English football due to fouls in games. However I don't know if its actually contributing to us being stronger in defence or not because I think weve only let about 7 goals in from open play this season. 

Swfc 22 Cardiff 11

Swfc 15 Wigan 9

Swfc 10 Hull 11

Swfc 19 Middlesbrough 10

Swfc 13 Everton 9

Swfc 15 Fulham 11

Swfc 15 Huddersfield 9

Swfc 22 QPR 13

Swfc 14 Rotherham 16

Swfc 17 Preston 10

Swfc 21 Luton 3

Swfc 10 Barnsley 22

Swfc 15 Reading 12 

We've committed 208. 

We've been awarded 146.

What the **** are refs playing at as well. They seem to think everything we do is a foul. 

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

We are the dirtiest team in the league/English football due to fouls in games. However I don't know if its actually contributing to us being stronger in defence or not because I think weve only let about 7 goals in from open play this season. 

Swfc 22 Cardiff 11

Swfc 15 Wigan 9

Swfc 10 Hull 11

Swfc 19 Middlesbrough 10

Swfc 13 Everton 9

Swfc 15 Fulham 11

Swfc 15 Huddersfield 9

Swfc 22 QPR 13

Swfc 14 Rotherham 16

Swfc 17 Preston 10

Swfc 21 Luton 3

Swfc 10 Barnsley 22

Swfc 15 Reading 12 

We've committed 208. 

We've been awarded 146.

What the **** are refs playing at as well. They seem to think everything we do is a foul. 

Think half of those may have come from hutch, great game last night frm him though. 

Monk is no mug, I do like him. We’re now a bit of a mix between old school and new school. 

Maybe it’s a tactic to break up play. 

Would be interesting to see which players are at it the most... FF and Lee haven’t played much - and they draw fouls against us... which would stop us eventually making fouls. 

Awful to watch though 

We are better defensively just playing our normal game. The foul count increases when we revert to trying to hold a lead 

Genuinely a lot of them aren’t fouls. The problem is it becomes a vicious cycle. We are now known as the ‘dirtiest’ team in the league which means referees will scrutinise every challenge we make now. As we saw last night. It’s clear Hutch and Luongo have a reputation in this league. They made some superb tackles last night but got penalised for it. I mean the free kick for their goal was pathetic officiating. It was given because it was Luongo. 

The agenda is real. 

5 minutes ago, sibon said:

We are definitely a dirty team at the moment. Not nasty, threatening fouls, but lots of  cynical ones. 

It must be a tactic and it is probably working. But it did cost us two points last night.

It didn't really though, did it? 

The referee's inability to correctly apply the rules of the game cost us two points.

If he'd done his job properly, then we'd most probably have won.

We are breaking up any teams build up play. More than happy to do that, just unfortunately last night Cardiff were poor enough to not worry.

They were more threatening from free kicks and we should have known that.

Good tactics for a season, but wrong for that game.

15 minutes ago, sibon said:

We are definitely a dirty team at the moment. Not nasty, threatening fouls, but lots of  cynical ones. 

It must be a tactic and it is probably working. But it did cost us two points last night.

I don't think we're a dirty team.

We're too honest a team.

We're not snidey enough. 

Hutch miss times one by a fraction of a second-  Booking. 

Their player tries to chin Borner on the sly - Nothing.

Felcher gets found 20 times a match - Gamely battles on

Pretzel feels a touch -falls over holding his ankle for 5 minutes.

Far from being dirty were not twattish enough.

Also were not nasty enough with referees.

We get a decision against us, we shake our heads grumble and accept it.

Other teams mob them and scream in their faces and make them think twice about the hassle of giving any more decisions against them.

It's not nice. But successful teams all have that level of cuntishness. Sadly.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BowOwl said:

We are breaking up any teams build up play. More than happy to do that, just unfortunately last night Cardiff were poor enough to not worry.

They were more threatening from free kicks and we should have known that.

Good tactics for a season, but wrong for that game.

Game after game we commit brainless fouls that put us under unnecessary pressure. Too many players in our team haven’t got a football brain, hence why this squad will never get out of this league.

3 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I don't think we're a dirty team.

We're too honest a team.

We're not snidey enough. 

Hutch miss times one by a fraction of a second-  Booking. 

Their player tries to chin Borner on the sly - Nothing.

Felcher gets found 20 times a match - Gamely battles on

Pretzel feels a touch -falls over holding his ankle for 5 minutes.

Far from being dirty were not twattish enough.

Also were not nasty enough with referees.

We get a decision against us, we shake our heads grumble and accept it.

Other teams mob them and scream in their faces and make them think twice about the hassle of giving any more decisions against them.

It's not nice. But successful teams all have that level of cuntishness. Sadly.

Tomorrow's training session needs to be entirely dedicated to making the most of minimal contact and getting in the ref's face en mass.

'Come on, lads - Ash Baker's playing the role of ref - get in his face and scream. I can't hear you!'

1 hour ago, TheEnchanter said:

Swfc 22 Cardiff 11

Today was b0llocks refereeing though. Should have been even. A few examples I can think of:

Cardiff player with deliberate trailing arm into the back of the head of our player - no foul

Cardiff player brings down Harris on edge of area with desperate lunge - foul, but no card

Iorfa takes the ball round the attacker, while being pulled back - foul against Iorfa

Tomlin and Luongo compete for the ball, no contact, Tomlin throws himself to the ground - need I say more...

Even the free kick where Palmer pulled down the Cardiff player in the D was caused by a sneaky initial foul by the Cardiff player, pushing Palmer away off the ball so Palmer had to foul him or give him a free run.

Swings and roundabouts. We seem to get a lot of incredibly soft fouls given against us, but we don’t half make it easy to give them by putting in some very naive challenges, particularly in the last 20min of games.

Frequent source of massive frustration at Hillsborough, the number of times I’ve seen one of ours just take a shortcut through the back of a player - not roughly, but not dextrously either - who’s clearly shielding the ball with the sole intention of trying to draw a foul. It’s not at all smart.

Guest Bulgaria

Millwall, Preston Hull and Cardiff away we just gave away the most pointless free kicks in the last 15 minutes.  We are so Naive or just dim. 

On 19/10/2019 at 08:56, Kopparberg said:

Monk is no mug, I do like him. We’re now a bit of a mix between old school and new school. 

Maybe it’s a tactic to break up play. 

Would be interesting to see which players are at it the most... FF and Lee haven’t played much - and they draw fouls against us... which would stop us eventually making fouls. 

https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/25/Show/England-Sheffield-Wednesday

image.png.26f0b61904be2f4f6ff874ba2dfd8526.png

Edited by slinger208b