Reach

3 hours ago, Ash77 said:

Got to get ff in side.

Going by that for luongo if he cant get fitter and play 442 or 433 with harris and ff supporting fletch with reach in middle.

Or ff for reach and play 433 with luongo in middle 3

you can't stick to just one formation all the time, ffs.

4 hours ago, torres said:

It’s the same points brought up after every single game for the majority of his time here. 

I’ve thought for a long time it’s his attitude that his is main downfall 

Not in terms of running or distance covered but in actual self belief, aggression, the will to succeed and make any positive influence on a game.

As a so called attacking player, his first thought is to go backwards too many times, he rarely comes looking to get involved or stamp any authority on the game. 

He appears far too happy playing a role on the periphery of the game. 

For someone with his attributes he is a shadow of what he could be.

but he's not drawing a 'shadow's' money.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ash77 said:

All about opinions but ff for reach would have been a positive sub last night, their lb was poor and there for the taking.

Reach's best position is probably left midfield but he wont be playing there, so maybe he should share game time with luongo who looks 75% fit in midfield in a 433 

Monks very steady tho so will likely have ff on the bench for an extended time or permanently, but ff could excel in a 433 on the other flank to harris imo, not sure about in a 442 granted.

Agree 442 is where ff was quiet at times, but hes also struggled with injuries etc for some time, however a fit ff could make a difference reach could never make in the final 3rd.

We would hopefully never drop harris for ff btw, only for reach or luongo

Opinions opinions. I think Reach is poor in CM. Much better wide.

I look at it like this....

We seem to be going mainly 433. I’m glad. I think that suits our current squad well.

We have four players for the two wide forward shirts - Harris, Reach, Forestieri and Murphy.

Murphy has been disappointing. Can’t start.

Reach and Harris have been a successful pairing. They are fit. It works.

Forestieri has the ability to be better than both of them. However, for whatever reason, our team has been a complete disaster when he has started. Relegation form over those 16 games. Therefore, he needs to win back his place, not be handed it against all logic.

In the Stoke and Leeds games our wide players have to play a combined 360 minutes. I very much hope that Forestieri gets some time against Stoke, for whichever of Harris or Reach tires or under-performs. Forestieri should be like a coiled spring. If he gets 30 minutes on Tuesday he has a golden opportunity to make himself undroppable for dirty Leeds. Once he has the shirt, it’s his to lose.

If we can go thru our remaining 34 games with almost every single minute being shared by Harris, Reach and Forestieri, according to fitness, fatigue and form, we will surely be a top six side come May.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, graz gp said:

Reach never produces a end product. Runs around like a spare part. Why does he not shoot anymore. Something not right with him. Give him a spell on the bench,see if that changes anything. Uto

Absolute horseshit. Joint 2nd this season for goal involvement. 1 goal, 3 assists.

Untitled.jpg

7 minutes ago, graz gp said:

Reach never produces a end product. Runs around like a spare part. Why does he not shoot anymore. Something not right with him. Give him a spell on the bench,see if that changes anything. Uto

Never?

What about two assists and a goal in our most recent four games?

Boro - Great goal and great assist for Fletch header.

Wigan - assist for Luongo

He's not had the best start, but it'll take time to implement the Monk's plans. Looked very decent in patches last night. Just needs a bit more consistency. That will come when he knows what role he has to play.

Edited by Hitcat

5 hours ago, torres said:

It’s the same points brought up after every single game for the majority of his time here. 

I’ve thought for a long time it’s his attitude that his is main downfall 

Not in terms of running or distance covered but in actual self belief, aggression, the will to succeed and make any positive influence on a game.

As a so called attacking player, his first thought is to go backwards too many times, he rarely comes looking to get involved or stamp any authority on the game. 

He appears far too happy playing a role on the periphery of the game. 

For someone with his attributes he is a shadow of what he could be.

Best summary I’ve seen on here, and while he’ll never be good enough 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, torres said:

Why in your opinion does he get so much criticism? 

I'm not too sure. He's been one of our best creators and scorers over the last 3 seasons and has played 40+ games season after season. Maybe because he isn't throwing himself into tackles or 'getting stuck in' some see him as not trying. 

Same goes for Bannan, I can't see how anyone thinks he is anything other than the best player we've had for probably a decade.

18 minutes ago, Minton said:

I'm not too sure. He's been one of our best creators and scorers over the last 3 seasons and has played 40+ games season after season. Maybe because he isn't throwing himself into tackles or 'getting stuck in' some see him as not trying. 

Same goes for Bannan, I can't see how anyone thinks he is anything other than the best player we've had for probably a decade.

But the fact is, although he’s been one of our highest creators, he’s had no one to challenge those fairly average stats. Watch Harris far exceed anything he does this season. 

You look at Harris as a winger, and he shows all the attributes Reach doesn’t - pace, determination, trickery, two-footed crosses, gets his foot in, doesn’t shy away.

Reach gets the ball and has no clue what to do with it. That’s not a winger 

Edited by FreshOwl
  • Like 1

Just now, FreshOwl said:

But the fact is, although he’s been one of our highest creators, he’s had no one to challenge those fairly average stats. Watch Harris far exceed anything he does this season. 

You look at Harris as a winger, and he shows all the attributes Reach doesn’t - pace, determination, trickery, two-footed crosses, gets his foot in, doesn’t shy away.

Reach gets the ball and has no clue what to do with it. That’s not a winger 

So he's crap because almost nobody is scoring and creating more chances than him?! What utter nonsense!

15 minutes ago, Minton said:

Bannan gets plaudits most games and usually any discontent regards his performance is shot down by the majority 

He always looks for the ball, plays with intensity, never hides, plays with a will to win and is one of the teams leaders - can you seriously say this about Reach? 

Just now, torres said:

Bannan gets plaudits most games and usually any discontent regards his performance is shot down by the majority 

He always looks for the ball, plays with intensity, never hides, plays with a will to win and is one of the teams leaders - can you seriously say this about Reach? 

It must be a mentality thing and that's why I say we'll never get out of this league while ever we are carrying players like Adam Reach week in week out.

Just now, torres said:

Does he need to be a team leader to be good though? Look at his games played, goals scored and goals assisted stats and tell me he is crap.

Untitled 2.jpg

• Like 1