Reach

22 minutes ago, Ash77 said:

Got to get ff in side.

Going by that for luongo if he cant get fitter and play 442 or 433 with harris and ff supporting fletch with reach in middle.

Or ff for reach and play 433 with luongo in middle 3

Yes personally I would go for something like this in the next game.

Westwood 

Odubajo  Iorfa  Borner  Palmer 

Luongo  Hutch.  Bannan 

Harris    Fletch.  Forestieri 

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

2 assists and a goal in his last four. Not a bad return for a player still playing out of position.

Wide left you see the best of Reach. But every manager under the sun is insistent that he plays somewhere else. 

And yet he isn't worth a shirt and should be sold according to this thread. 

Mind you, some of the posters on here reckon Bannan is a waste of a shirt too, despite him being our best passer and creator in the stats. 

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

2 assists and a goal in his last four. Not a bad return for a player still playing out of position.

Wide left you see the best of Reach. But every manager under the sun is insistent that he plays somewhere else. 

Not quite so impressive after 12 games though. We know he can put over the occasional good cross, and is capable of scoring a few long range goals However, you can’t help feeling that he should be doing a lot more

Guest wilyfox

Far from his best, but he'll know that. I am critical of him because he's a good player performing below his own standards - but would stick with him. There's good reason to believe his form will pick up. 

14 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Not quite so impressive after 12 games though. We know he can put over the occasional good cross, and is capable of scoring a few long range goals However, you can’t help feeling that he should be doing a lot more

If we move him to left wing and he plays poorly, I’ll hold my hands up. Play him in his natural position and he will do more.

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

If we move him to left wing and he plays poorly, I’ll hold my hands up. Play him in his natural position and he will do more.

Yes, I think that would help, though he might not get as many shooting opportunities. Harris would also benefit with switching flanks, as his crossing is pretty erratic with his left foot

7 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Yes, I think that would help, though he might not get as many shooting opportunities. Harris would also benefit with switching flanks, as his crossing is pretty erratic with his left foot

It’s been over a year since Reach scored a screamer. And I can’t remember a shot he’s had where he’s come close. 

You’re right Harris would benefit from crossing on his stronger foot. Switching them is a no brainer for me. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, steelerian said:

Remember 3 years ago when we were talking about a possible 15m for Fessi? And now we'd struggle to get 1.5m?

Well this summer we were talking about a possible 10m for Reach? Let's get him sold before his value drops to 1m.

Wednesday need to learn when to sell.

there's a huge difference between 'football supporters' talking about a player being worth £10m, and actually putting that money into the bank. 

we (for me) overpaid, but the manager at the time liked what he saw, a lightweight, perhaps often ineffective player who can score a couple of worldies a season, but fitted into 'the then masterplan'.

tbh, if a good percentage of our support saw a proper midfielder they wouldn't recognise him.

11 hours ago, steelerian said:

Remember 3 years ago when we were talking about a possible 15m for Fessi? And now we'd struggle to get 1.5m?

Well this summer we were talking about a possible 10m for Reach? Let's get him sold before his value drops to 1m.

Wednesday need to learn when to sell.

Just because someone on a forum mentions 10m doesn't mean that's what he is worth 

The club cant sell him if there is no one interested ,same as Rhodes 

43 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

Funnily enough I actually thought he had a pretty decent game. It's true he's not been at his best this year but I think his last couple of performances have been a step in the right direction. 

You are quite clearly mad 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ash77 said:

Got to get ff in side.

Going by that for luongo if he cant get fitter and play 442 or 433 with harris and ff supporting fletch with reach in middle.

Or ff for reach and play 433 with luongo in middle 3

Do you know how appalling our record has been in the last two seasons with FF starting?

2 wins in 16.

And one of them we scored the winner after he was subbed.

NOT SUGGESTING FOR ONE MINUTE he should not get game time and the chance to prove he should start, but to say “got to get FF in the side” is plain wrong.

During Stoke and/or Leeds he will see plenty of match time I’m sure. Great opportunity to drag the shirt off Harris or Reach.

42 minutes ago, torres said:

You are quite clearly mad 

Well I am too then, because I thought Reach had a decent game. Heavily involved. Must have been exhausted after the game. 

Was he great? No. But he had a very decent away game.

2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Well I am too then, because I thought Reach had a decent game. Heavily involved. Must have been exhausted after the game. 

Was he great? No. But he had a very decent away game.

Heavily involved????

NURSE!!!!!

35 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Do you know how appalling our record has been in the last two seasons with FF starting?

2 wins in 16.

And one of them we scored the winner after he was subbed.

NOT SUGGESTING FOR ONE MINUTE he should not get game time and the chance to prove he should start, but to say “got to get FF in the side” is plain wrong.

During Stoke and/or Leeds he will see plenty of match time I’m sure. Great opportunity to drag the shirt off Harris or Reach.

All about opinions but ff for reach would have been a positive sub last night, their lb was poor and there for the taking.

Reach's best position is probably left midfield but he wont be playing there, so maybe he should share game time with luongo who looks 75% fit in midfield in a 433 

Monks very steady tho so will likely have ff on the bench for an extended time or permanently, but ff could excel in a 433 on the other flank to harris imo, not sure about in a 442 granted.

Agree 442 is where ff was quiet at times, but hes also struggled with injuries etc for some time, however a fit ff could make a difference reach could never make in the final 3rd.

We would hopefully never drop harris for ff btw, only for reach or luongo

Edited by Ash77
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Reach is a left winger. We paid 5 million for a left winger who showed ability in that position both at Boro and Preston.

Since he’s signed for us, he’s played left back, centre mid, right mid, behind the striker. I don’t think he’s ever played more than five games in his ACTUAL position.

We’ve killed the lad yet his goals and assist return over the past couple of years has been one of the best in the division. Play to his strengths and we will reap the rewards. 

He has played on the left for us in past seasons and not been as effective as he was in the first half of last season.

He played on the right at Boro a couple of weeks ago and put in a really good performance with a fine goal and an assist. He is capable of so much more than he produced last night and too many times this season.