Negative substitutes

I think he was always going to keep FF for the two upcoming home games.

His subs didn’t work but we were under the cosh for 20 mins beforehand, so he had to change it. 
I’m not yet convinced about Monk...I thought his tactics at Hull were awful...but tonight I blame the players who again showed a soft centre.

12 minutes ago, Nut said:

So far hes a very negative manager but I do think he'll do well for us. 

Being solid and difficult to break down away from home isn't negative. You could maybe argue the decision to not put Forestieri on was 'negative' but the overall performance was far from it.

Just now, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

That we took them off as they’re needed for other matches. Could accept this if the game was won (3 up) but we needed to win this match. 

We need to gain points from matches over the course of a season, I don't see what's special about this match.

The manager must make gambles, we played out 2/3 of the match and he tried to shore it up. Win some, lose some.

I believe he made a call to aid recovery of players to increase availability in future matches...

Just now, slinger208b said:

We need to gain points from matches over the course of a season, I don't see what's special about this match.

The manager must make gambles, we played out 2/3 of the match and he tried to shore it up. Win some, lose some.

I believe he made a call to aid recovery of players to increase availability in future matches...

Then why not take off Fletcher or Hutch who have ongoing fitness issues, or Luongo who is apparently carrying a knock, or Borner who’s played the most minutes this season or Palmer who played twice in the international break. Rather than Bannan or Harris who have good injury records? 

Not trying to be argumentative Slinger but I’m really struggling to understand your point that Bannan and Harris should have been substituted tonight because they are creative players who we might need more in other matches this season ....

1 minute ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Then why not take off Fletcher or Hutch who have ongoing fitness issues, or Luongo who is apparently carrying a knock, or Borner who’s played the most minutes this season or Palmer who played twice in the international break. Rather than Bannan or Harris who have good injury records? 

Not trying to be argumentative Slinger but I’m really struggling to understand your point that Bannan and Harris should have been substituted tonight because they are creative players who we might need more in other matches this season ....

I was alluding to fitness, not necessarily sustaining injuries.

Maybe the selections were based on players whose absences are difficult to cover so help with their availability and energy for other matches.

I'm sure the manager has a good idea of who he feels can be rotated within positions...

3 minutes ago, slinger208b said:

I was alluding to fitness, not necessarily sustaining injuries.

Maybe the selections were based on players whose absences are difficult to cover so help with their availability and energy for other matches.

I'm sure the manager has a good idea of who he feels can be rotated within positions...

Why the confused face @Lawrie’s Left Peg?

Spelled out;

Maybe players are being rested as they can't be replaced...