MOM & Player ratings

Guest wilyfox
12 hours ago, torryowl said:

fox was rock solid …..

This ^ 

Fox was absolutely fine. 7/10 no probs last night.

i thought all did well bar the substitutes, whom were regrettable. Murphy was awful and Nuhiu didn't keep the ball well enough to vindicate that change. 

11 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

His expectations for goalkeeping are extremely low if that was a 7/10 performance 

Why wasn't Dawson's performance worthy of a 7/10?

What is your criteria to differentiate a 6 from a 7?

For me, every player enters the pitch on 6/10. If they do something good, they're up to 7, something negative, down to five. Clearly, it can't be that black and white, but despite looking a bit indecisive Dawson did more good than bad. Definite 7/10 for me.

And that is how I differentiate between our two immense centre halves. Both get 8/10, except that Borner's goal pushes him to a MotM 9/10.

Just now, Tamworthowl said:

Why wasn't Dawson's performance worthy of a 7/10?

What is your criteria to differentiate a 6 from a 7?

For me, every player enters the pitch on 6/10. If they do something good, they're up to 7, something negative, down to five. Clearly, it can't be that black and white, but despite looking a bit indecisive Dawson did more good than bad. Definite 7/10 for me.

And that is how I differentiate between our two immense centre halves. Both get 8/10, except that Borner's goal pushes him to a MotM 9/10.

I had him as a 4.

He was a bag of nerves on any aerial balls into the box

His communication was lacking all game leading to several occasion where we conceded possession when it could have been easily retained

His positioning for the goal was abysmal

His kicking was poor all game 

14 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

Dawson: 7 - a fine save near the end, harsh to blame him for the goal (it shouldn't have stood, but wish he'd have less in the wall). Would have been an 8 but for a couple of crosses where he got nowhere near the ball and some dodgy kicking

Palmer: 5 - baffling how he looks out of position at RB and at home at LB. Wasted a great overlap, kept pulling at players off the ball and could have given away a pen

Fox: 8 - for me, one of his best games for us - won plenty of headers, defended stoutly, made a great saving tackle and put in a cross that Reach should have made more of

Borner: 8 - Deft touch for the goal and plenty of timely interceptions in face of second half barrage. MoM

Iorfa: 8 - Went into beast mode a couple of times to rescue and clear the ball, how a foul was given against him when he rounded the attacker and cleared it I'll never know

Hutchinson: 8 - Another who relished the battle and also made a couple of well-timed bursts forward

Bannan: 7 - tidy enough on the ball, but maybe faded a little?

Luongo: 6 - same as Bannan, had a couple of opportunity to exploit the gaps in the second half and wasted them. Unlucky to concede the free-kick near the end

Reach: 6 - Put in a shift and moved the ball on well at times, but same as the rest of the midfield, when we needed someone to exploit the space in the second half seemed to go missing

Harris: 7 - Constant outlet, our main attacking threat, 

Fletcher: 7 - Always a handful, links play - but weak at shooting. Same old.

Subs:

Nuhiu: 6 - battled away as best he could

Murphy: 5 - lightweight on the ball. I don't think he's as awful as others make out, but not a great one for a wet Friday night at Cardiff

In all a game of two halves, first half we dominated one of the better teams in the division creating plenty of chances. But second half we couldn't retain possession, and were relying on a few battlers at the back to bale us out again and again. This is partly the refs fault - must have been about 6 or 7 dubious 50/50 calls, or even 30/70 calls that went their way. Even without the offside goal I'm not sure we would have held out for the extra 7 minutes or so.

let's face it, dawson isn't going to make a keeper at this level, his handling of crosses is atrocious, time for him to move on, time for new to be brought in, and with westwood's form on the slide, it's a new first team keeper were looking at.

45 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

let's face it, dawson isn't going to make a keeper at this level, his handling of crosses is atrocious, time for him to move on, time for new to be brought in, and with westwood's form on the slide, it's a new first team keeper were looking at.

He needs to be a #1 somewhere for a season and then come back

36 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

He needs to be a #1 somewhere for a season and then come back

you're correct he needs to move out, but permanently, If he can't catch now, he ain't gonna learn.

he's one hell of a shot stopper, and will benefit a side with lower aspirations than us, but we need far better.

having a keeper that can't catch in the side on a regular basis, word will soon get around, we'd be on a hiding every week with crosses raining in.

8 hours ago, Morepork said:

3 for Reach......absolute bo!!ocks!!! He was a solid 5, maybe even a generous 6.

He's clearly not at his best but lets be honest, last season he was excellent. He's just a little out of form, it happens, I'm confident that once he's back to his best and settled in to the way Monk sets us up he'll fly again!!! lol

Our of form is a few games. He’s been shiiit all season and can’t even run with the bloody ball. Somethings gotta give 

People do these ratings...and yet so often they aren't rating the player on their actual performance, but what they think of said player.

Morgan Fox was decent last night. 

But people don't like him, so he gets a 4 out of 10 etc. 

10 minutes ago, SiJ said:

People do these ratings...and yet so often they aren't rating the player on their actual performance, but what they think of said player.

I like Fox and I think he’s generally solid, (as I said before the match) but every time Cardiff pinged the ball over to their right mid position he struggled 

14 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Agree.

Played their supposed star Mendes Laing really well and a couple of well timed interceptions.

I guess it's all about peoples perceptions.

6 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

I like Fox and I think he’s generally solid, (as I said before the match) but every time Cardiff pinged the ball over to their right mid position he struggled 

I should add this was 2nd half, first half he was fairly solid 

When I saw him up against Mendez Laing, I was pretty worried. 

After all, I'd seen Laing absolutely murder Trent Alexander Arnold last season. The guy is an absolute unit with a bit of pace too. 

In my view, Morgan Fox has been pretty solid now for several months. 

Yes, we need better, but at least he's a natural left back and he has a decent cross on him tbf. 

Guest Grez Bez
7 hours ago, McRightSide said:

His expectations for goalkeeping are extremely low if that was a 7/10 performance 

Your obsessed with Dawson and the youngsters in general. Are you still mad that you won't make it as s professional?

I thought the way Monk asks our defenders to play was evident with Fox last night.

Monk likes defenders to be aggressive and I thought Fox was  a lot more aggressive last night in the way he stood up to the winger and bullied him a few times to win headers.

Only struggled towards the end when he tired and they brought the tricky winger on