MOM & Player ratings

Dawson  - 6 

Not bad shot stopping but awful commandment of area. Always feel we’re gonna concede at least one with him 

Palmer - 5 

Poor with the ball, gave away needless freekicks. Maybe burnt out from a lot of football recently? 

Borner - 8  MOM 

What to say about him? Usual solid self. So happy he’s got his first goal 

Iorfa - 7.5 

Colossus. Reads the game superbly. Gonna be one heck of a player 

Fox - 4 

Was saying pre match it was the right decision to bring him in ahead of Moses, however he looked rocky as hell. Free kick after free kick 

Harris - 7 

Industrious as ever. Created the goal. They doubled up on him though. Morrison tugging him back should have resulted in free kick in promising position 

Luongo - 6 

Steady. A bit careless with the ball but not the worst out there.

Hutch - 7 

Very solid display. Great attacking intent first half. Fazed a little after booking 

Bannan - 6 

Fairly quiet. 

Reach - 3 

*sighs* Offers next to nothing. Rounds around a lot but so could any athletes wjth a decent fitness. Can’t header, can’t anticipate much. He gets the ball and has no idea what to do with it.

Fletcher - 7 

Worked hard, slightly isolated. Quiet day for action man 

Subs - 

Dave - 5 

not on long enough but sloppy in possession 

Murphy - 0 

Send home tonight.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Dawson 6 one good save but flapped all game and poo positioning for goal

Palmer 6 better at left back

Iorfa 8 immense 

Borner 8 as above 

Fox 6 ok until someone runs at him

Hutch 7

Luongo 6 should have scored and come off

Bannan 7 daft decision to take him off

Harris 8 great game. Unlucky with free kick

Reach 5 what’s wrong with him?

Fletcher 6 struggled a bit

Nuhiu 5 no spark

Murphy 3 he’s crapolla 

Take a point but should have been 3. poo officials

11 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Fox - 4 

Was saying pre match it was the right decision to bring him in ahead of Moses, however he looked rocky as hell. Free kick after free kick 

I'm one of Fox's biggest critics, but actually think today was one of his best performances for us. Very solid in face of Cardiff's aerial bombardment, a fantastic saving tackle in the second half and rarely seemed to get pressed on the ball and give it away (which is his usual problem).

• Like 2

Dawson: 7 - a fine save near the end, harsh to blame him for the goal (it shouldn't have stood, but wish he'd have less in the wall). Would have been an 8 but for a couple of crosses where he got nowhere near the ball and some dodgy kicking

Palmer: 5 - baffling how he looks out of position at RB and at home at LB. Wasted a great overlap, kept pulling at players off the ball and could have given away a pen

Fox: 8 - for me, one of his best games for us - won plenty of headers, defended stoutly, made a great saving tackle and put in a cross that Reach should have made more of

Borner: 8 - Deft touch for the goal and plenty of timely interceptions in face of second half barrage. MoM

Iorfa: 8 - Went into beast mode a couple of times to rescue and clear the ball, how a foul was given against him when he rounded the attacker and cleared it I'll never know

Hutchinson: 8 - Another who relished the battle and also made a couple of well-timed bursts forward

Bannan: 7 - tidy enough on the ball, but maybe faded a little?

Luongo: 6 - same as Bannan, had a couple of opportunity to exploit the gaps in the second half and wasted them. Unlucky to concede the free-kick near the end

Reach: 6 - Put in a shift and moved the ball on well at times, but same as the rest of the midfield, when we needed someone to exploit the space in the second half seemed to go missing

Harris: 7 - Constant outlet, our main attacking threat, 

Fletcher: 7 - Always a handful, links play - but weak at shooting. Same old.

Subs:

Nuhiu: 6 - battled away as best he could

Murphy: 5 - lightweight on the ball. I don't think he's as awful as others make out, but not a great one for a wet Friday night at Cardiff

In all a game of two halves, first half we dominated one of the better teams in the division creating plenty of chances. But second half we couldn't retain possession, and were relying on a few battlers at the back to bale us out again and again. This is partly the refs fault - must have been about 6 or 7 dubious 50/50 calls, or even 30/70 calls that went their way. Even without the offside goal I'm not sure we would have held out for the extra 7 minutes or so.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Emerson Thome said:

I'm one of Fox's biggest critics, but actually think today was one of his best performances for us. Very solid in face of Cardiff's aerial bombardment, a fantastic saving tackle in the second half and rarely seemed to get pressed on the ball and give it away (which is his usual problem).

Thought Fox was excellent 

3 for Reach......absolute bo!!ocks!!! He was a solid 5, maybe even a generous 6.

He's clearly not at his best but lets be honest, last season he was excellent. He's just a little out of form, it happens, I'm confident that once he's back to his best and settled in to the way Monk sets us up he'll fly again!!! lol

Edited by Morepork

Thought Fox was excellent tonight, that last ditch tackle was superb. Iorfa mom for me though he just looked like another level entirely, making a solid partnership with Borner. Dawson frightens the life out of me, brilliant save though.

9 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

Dawson: 7 - a fine save near the end, harsh to blame him for the goal (it shouldn't have stood, but wish he'd have less in the wall). Would have been an 8 but for a couple of crosses where he got nowhere near the ball and some dodgy kicking

Palmer: 5 - baffling how he looks out of position at RB and at home at LB. Wasted a great overlap, kept pulling at players off the ball and could have given away a pen

Fox: 8 - for me, one of his best games for us - won plenty of headers, defended stoutly, made a great saving tackle and put in a cross that Reach should have made more of

Borner: 8 - Deft touch for the goal and plenty of timely interceptions in face of second half barrage. MoM

Iorfa: 8 - Went into beast mode a couple of times to rescue and clear the ball, how a foul was given against him when he rounded the attacker and cleared it I'll never know

Hutchinson: 8 - Another who relished the battle and also made a couple of well-timed bursts forward

Bannan: 7 - tidy enough on the ball, but maybe faded a little?

Luongo: 6 - same as Bannan, had a couple of opportunity to exploit the gaps in the second half and wasted them. Unlucky to concede the free-kick near the end

Reach: 6 - Put in a shift and moved the ball on well at times, but same as the rest of the midfield, when we needed someone to exploit the space in the second half seemed to go missing

Harris: 7 - Constant outlet, our main attacking threat, 

Fletcher: 7 - Always a handful, links play - but weak at shooting. Same old.

Subs:

Nuhiu: 6 - battled away as best he could

Murphy: 5 - lightweight on the ball. I don't think he's as awful as others make out, but not a great one for a wet Friday night at Cardiff

In all a game of two halves, first half we dominated one of the better teams in the division creating plenty of chances. But second half we couldn't retain possession, and were relying on a few battlers at the back to bale us out again and again. This is partly the refs fault - must have been about 6 or 7 dubious 50/50 calls, or even 30/70 calls that went their way. Even without the offside goal I'm not sure we would have held out for the extra 7 minutes or so.

That's how it was.  Well written, ET