Garry Monk

Monk got the subs wrong. 

Other things conspired against us too. 

However, there’s always something about Wednesday that let you down.

No matter what we do, or who the manager is, it’s not meant to be for us to be successful. 

Today is something we've seen before many a time.  

5 minutes ago, DidOwl said:

Agreed, but then I’ll never know why he made such ridiculous substitutions (Atdhe for Bannan......) and how he sat back and allowed us to go into defensive mode - something we’re absolutely p*ss poor at doing!

He brought Nuhiu on for Bannan as Cardiff were launching it long into the box so we needed more height to defend it.

Murphy was brought on for the counter-attack because he's quicker that Forestieri (unfortunately that's no use if you can't take the ball with you though).

If the ref and linesman had done their job properly we would have been going home with 3 points.

5 minutes ago, Stoop said:

If the ref and linesman do their jobs right, then we’d all be on here praising Monk for nullifying the Cardiff aerial threat by bringing Nuhiu on to see the game out 

91B4D7D5-A957-433F-90F6-59525107B23C.gif

But he was nowhere to be seen ffs!

3 minutes ago, Stoop said:

If the ref and linesman do their jobs right, then we’d all be on here praising Monk for nullifying the Cardiff aerial threat by bringing Nuhiu on to see the game out 

91B4D7D5-A957-433F-90F6-59525107B23C.gif

Can’t agree with you here Stoop. I’m no Adthe hater but when has he ever nullified anyone in the air. He has many endearing traits but he stands 6’6” and jumps 5’6”. He had no impact whatsoever on the effectiveness of Flint and Morrison in the air at either end after he came on.

I don’t blame Monk for the last 35mins. It’s the players and their lack of mental strength and physicality that cost us again. We have done this sort of thing time and again in the last 4 to 5 years.

When the going gets tough in games, Palmer, Fox, Reach and Murphy are a liability, Bannan becomes too lightweight and Harris drifts out of the game. Tonight only Hutchison in midfield tried to play football in the second half and control things but he was alone in that.

• Thanks 1

It was clear the officials werent doing their jobs tho so we needed to keep the ball and offer an actual threat, not just conceeding fouls and relying on defending set pieces all 2nd half which warnock would have relished.

The subs were negative and poor.

Reach and luongo needed subbing more than bannan and harris, ff is a far better option than murphy too, hope he learns from it

Edited by Ash77

36 minutes ago, erowl said:

Bit worried about his subs tonight ... Takes Bannan off and leaves Reach on and then leaves FF on the bench and brings Murphy on instead :wacko:

Maybe Bannan was feeling a little niggle and asked to come off. 

We don't want to risk losing him long term. 

I wouldn't have brought Murphy on though he is a wide player like Harris. 

8 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Can’t agree with you here Stoop. I’m no Adthe hater but when has he ever nullified anyone in the air. He has many endearing traits but he stands 6’6” and jumps 5’6”. He had no impact whatsoever on the effectiveness of Flint and Morrison in the air at either end after he came on.

He’s definitely flat footed, but I think he does an excellent job in defending our box near the end of games

40 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

Monk got the subs wrong. 

Other things conspired against us too. 

However, there’s always something about Wednesday that let you down.

No matter what we do, or who the manager is, it’s not meant to be for us to be successful. 

Today is something we've seen before many a time.  

Was thinking this all second half. All too bloody familiar. We struggle immensely to kill games off and always have. We sit back, invite it all on and then the outcome is inevitable