• Reach
    • Bannan
    • Fletcher
    • Luongo
    • Harris
    • Nuhiu
    • Murphy

CARDIFF CITY  1 - 1  WEDNESDAY

Cheatingcunt (87')              Börner (19')            

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

image.png.05b5819e17ab90066048567b68c324da.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

image.png.0ade0fcdd4513418d4fd038511a8e81d.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

image.png.d3fb2ffff321261b118503a23d11b7b4.png

Edited by Lord Snooty
  • Haha 5

Dawson - 4 awful positioning for goal

Palmer - 5 easily beaten, mistake dropping moses, should have dropped him

Iorfa - 8 mom if not for borner scoring, virtually unbeatable

Börner - 8 mom

Fox - 6 ok, just lacks a bit of pace but more fight than palmer

Reach - 4 ran about but why not ff on for him when it was clear he offered nothing else, would drop him for ff if luongo keeps place

Hutch - 7 better, looked fitter

Luongo - 5 disappointing, theres probably a decent player there but looks a bit unfit, would drop him for ff or lee after that

Bannan - 7

Harris - 7 

Fletcher - 6 

Murphy 0, shocked he came on and not ff

Disappointed with monk, luongo and reach needed subbing for lee and ff as we offered nothing 2nd half

Instead he hooked the only footballer on the pitch for another lump and got beat by playing warnock against warnock and the ref. Tragically predictable

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dawson - 6

Palmer - 4 - His worst game of the season, lucky not to concede a pen

Iorfa - 7

Börner - 8

Fox - 7 - Solid performance for me

Reach - 6

Hutch - 8

Luongo - 5

Bannan - 7

Harris - 7

Fletcher - 6

Nuhiu - 6

Murphy - 3

Unless Bannan was injured, didn't understand the substitution.  Luongo was anonymous.

Less said about Murphy the better.

Good first half but we really disappeared in the second, not helped by the strange substitutions and really poor refereeing but that game was really there for the taking

Dawson    -    5    Gets an extra point for a very good late save, other than that, oh dear,  Stayed on his line when he should have come, came out and flapped when he should have stayed and even allowing for Flints blatant interference his positioning for the goal was awful, I,m sure everyone else knew like me where he was going to PLACE it.

Palmer    -    3    Sorry but that was absolutely awful,  On 2 or three occasions he failed to control a 5 yard pass, let his winger get a cross in every time they attacked him and seemed to be on a one man mission to get them back in the game with his stupid fouls

Iorfa    -    8     Continues his good form really solid

Borner    -    8    Smart finish and assured defending

Fox    -    5.5    Couple of good interventions but looked vulnerable for the main part

Harris    -    7    Great first half, starved of the ball in the second, should have stayed on

Hutchinson    -    8.5    Best game for quite some time , like the Hutch of old , busy and a threat going forward.

Luongo    -    6    Pedestrian for long periods, needs to get involved more than this if he wants to figure regularly

Bannan    -    7    Was doing pretty well, bizarre decision to take him off

Reach    -    4    Lots of effort but precious little else, sloppy distribution and as nesh as always

Fletcher    -    6    His decision making wasn`t the best tonight, worked hard as always

SUBS

Nuhiu    -     5     Offered little

Murphy    -    3     I`m sorry but I have seen enough...…..disinterested, weak , and a waste of a shirt at the moment....surely he has more to offer than this. I`m already hoping there is a clause to enable him to return in January....compare his input to their substitute Tomlin

OVERALL

Would have taken a point at 7.45 but given how poor Cardiff were for 80 mins we only ourselves to blame that we didn't get all three...…...should have been a comfy win but our game management second half was pi$$ poor and at a time when Cardiff were getting back in the game it was a horrendous decision to take off the best player we have at looking after the ball , first black mark to Monk in what has been a very encouraging start.

Edited by sheriwozgod

I don't get the criticism of Dawson.  He only found out he was playing 20 minutes before kick off so that is bound to affect disruption.  Can't be blamed for the goal as he was, frankly, cheated by the referee, he couldn't see the ball so had no chance of saving that.  Yes he flapped at one in the first half, but he then made an outstanding save in stoppage time.  My ratings are ...

Dawson - 6  A bit nervous at times but great save at the end

Palmer - 5  Got beaten too easily and basic ball control errors, wonder if he was jaded from his two Scotland games

Iorfa - 8  Really like this guy, his pace perfectly complements Borner

Börner - 8 MOTM  Signing of the century.  Strikers finish but completely solid all round

Fox - 7  Getting grief as usual but didn't put a foot wrong tonight

Reach - 6  Not a great game but the reason he is picked week in week out is his defensive work, full backs must love him as he never leaves them exposed

Hutch - 8  Excellent again, would have been MOTM but he has got to learn to stop getting booked, no use to us if he is suspended

Luongo - 6  Quiet but some good moments, he does a lot of the unnoticed work and is a lot like Lee

Bannan - 7  Not his best performance but good enough.  Still think that he isn't a captain and that responsibility will take away from his game.  Looked really, really tired up until the point he was taken off

Harris - 7  Dangerous in first half, and how Peltier wasn't booked for taking him out is a mystery

Fletcher - 7  Held the ball up well again but didn't get any chances in the box.  The one he chested was impossible to score from.

• Like 1

Dawson  - 6 

Not bad shot stopping but awful commandment of area. Always feel we’re gonna concede at least one with him 

Palmer - 5 

Poor with the ball, gave away needless freekicks. Maybe burnt out from a lot of football recently? 

Borner - 8  MOM 

What to say about him? Usual solid self. So happy he’s got his first goal 

Iorfa - 7.5 

Colossus. Reads the game superbly. Gonna be one heck of a player 

Fox - 4 

Was saying pre match it was the right decision to bring him in ahead of Moses, however he looked rocky as hell. Free kick after free kick 

Harris - 7 

Industrious as ever. Created the goal. They doubled up on him though. Morrison tugging him back should have resulted in free kick in promising position 

Luongo - 6 

Steady. A bit careless with the ball but not the worst out there.

Hutch - 7 

Very solid display. Great attacking intent first half. Fazed a little after booking 

Bannan - 6 

Fairly quiet. 

Reach - 3 

*sighs* Offers next to nothing. Rounds around a lot but so could any athletes wjth a decent fitness. Can’t header, can’t anticipate much. He gets the ball and has no idea what to do with it.

Fletcher - 7 

Worked hard, slightly isolated. Quiet day for action man 

Subs - 

Dave - 5 

not on long enough but sloppy in possession 

Murphy - 0 

Send home tonight.

Dawson - 6

Palmer - 5

Iorfa - 8

Börner - 9 Mom

Fox - 7

Reach - 5

Hutch - 9 

Luongo - 6

Bannan - 6

Harris - 7

Fletcher - 6

Controlled the game for an hour then dropped too deep, negative subs but defended well. Too many needless fouls tho. And we were robbed by the officials 

Harris first half but overall Iorfa edged Fox and Borner, none of those 3 put a foot wrong.

Dawson - 5 - Nervy at times and wall, position looked off

Palner - 5 - Worst performance, looked tired after the international break

Iorfa - 8 - MOTM, didn’t put a foot wrong

Borner - 7 - Mr Consistent 

Fox - 7 - Still ain’t sun he’s good enough and showed that tonight 

Hutch - 7 - Some great forward runs but noticed how one footed he is tonight and caught wrong side odd time 

Luomgo - 6 - Drifted in and out of the game

Bannan - 6 - Little influence 2nd half with backs to the wall 

Harris - 7 - Brilliant first half not involved 2nd

Reach - 7 - thought he maintained a decent level throughout the 90

Fletch - 7 - Isolated 2nd half 

Not going to bother rating the subs, that’s be unfair. Difficult game to come in to 

decent enough performance from the lads and a well deserved point …...I went for hutch just in front of the two centre backs which I suppose is quite apt ……...didn't think much of the managers use of subs .to bring adthe  on I can understand but to take off bannan was a mind boggling unless he had a knock …..as for murphy and leaving FF sat on arse beggars believe .  

Normally a point away at Cardiff is a very good result, but tonite we were robbed by incompetent officials. Ok you can get the tackle for the goal wrong, but how they can ignore Flint doing star jumps in front of Dawson for 30 seconds and say he is not interfering with play is a joke.

Dawson.     5.5.        I think a more experienced keeper like Westwood would have been straight onto the ref as soon as Flint took up the position and was interfering with play. Also he was poorly positioned for the free kick.  On the plus side pulled off a great save and handled the aerial bombardment fairly well.

Palmer.       5.5.         His worst game for a long time, his ball control was poor.

Iorfa.           8.5.         So commanding at times he is unreal, good on the ball and so dominant in the air. Cardiff had some big lads playing tonite and he combatted them superbly.

Borner.       9.   MoM.  Shades it over Iorfa because of his well taken goal, what a find, solid, so strong reads the game well and never looks flustered.

Fox.           7.5.         He made some great tackles and was good on the ball, the ball he put through for Bannan in he first half was excellent.

Hutchinson. 8.         I hope this is the new Hutchinson, here, there and everywhere. Still gave away some silly fouls and was walking a tightrope in the second half.

Bannan.     7.          Was usually involved in everything positive we did, I know he missed a couple of good chances but much prefer it when he is getting in goal scoring positions.

Louma.     5.5.        Didn't really notice him much and was unfairly punished for a none foul that they scored from.

Reach.       6.          Didn't have a great game in possession, but covered every blade of grass.

Harris.        8.           Brilliant first half and so unlucky with the shot that came off the woodwork. Love the way he sticks to his defensive duties. Bad decision to take him off.

Fletcher.   6.           Battled hard as always, but got little joy against the big brutes at the back for Cardiff.

Subs. 

Nuhiu.       5.          Can see why Monk brought him on to try to give us more defensive aerial strength, but he was innefective at the other end.

Murphy.    4.           Did very little, certainly don't see any impact when he comes off the bench.

Guest Bulgaria

Borner for me. 

He looks an absolute steal. His enthusiasm, calmness and attitude is wonderful to see. The guy has legend status written all over him.

He is our new Emerson Thome and I would make him captain.

In fact I think I am developing a man crush!!

Dawson 6.  Great save at the end, lacked confidence in the box on crosses. 
palmer 6. Been great this season, wasn’t quite as good last night but solid.

Big Dom. 8.5. Tremendous , so quick and strong. Great performance.

Borner. 8.5. lees is bench warming with this fella playing like this. Lovely goal.

Fox. 7.5. Did a really decent defensive job and a couple of excellent crosses. Battled in tough second half

harris. 7. Ran and battled, good play for goal and unlucky with free kick

Hutch 8. Back to his best. At times reminded me of his form at start of second CC season. 
Bannan 8. Brilliant first half, decent in second until subbed
Luongo. 7. Decent, not quite as good a player as I thought we were getting.

reach 5.5 . Has lost confidence to shoot and try stuff. Working hard but needs a break

Fletch. 7. Battled, could have done better on a couple of half chances

Nuhiu 6. Got involved , run and pass at end should have won it had we been awake and running

Murphy. 4. Dreadful.

overall really decent away performance. We are bloody hard to beat and won’t concede many. Keep the defence and goalie fit , and Bannan and fletch, we have half a chance. This season looking a bit like the second Carlos season.