4 minutes ago, steelerian said:

I'm not blaming Dawson for the goal. He was clearly interfered with. But to try see around the giant Flint he moved to his left, leaving a HUGE gap which Tomlin exploited, rather that standing more centrally.

Awful officiating though.

What is he meant to do?

To add...

I liked the look of Flint tonight. Defended well, and an absolute menace in the opponents box. 

One question for everybody. Why do we consistently give away more fouls than the opposition? Pretty much every game this season. Are we a dirty and cynical team? Are the refs biased? Or are we a set of naive daft c00nts? 

5 minutes ago, 4evaowl said:

The worst decision you'll see based on the laws of the game. 

However, he should have had a penalty with Palmer shirt pulling.

Officials also missed Harris's shirt being tugged early in second half, defender was last man preventing Harris a clear run on goal. 

If you're gonna have VAR it needs to be across the professional game absolutely poo ,even worse the linesman didn't see it or the bellend ref

I reckon Westwood would made a proper scene before the free kick was taken - can't understand why our players just let these things happen. Other teams are always in the refs face - we're too nice at times.

Just now, Animis said:

I reckon Westwood would made a proper scene before the free kick was taken - can't understand why our players just let these things happen. Other teams are always in the refs face - we're too nice at times.

Dawson did enough imo

I would imagine if Westwood was playing he would have made sure he got the refs attention and made a fuss off Flint pi$$ing around like that. 

How wasn't Tomlin sent off for smacking Borner on the side of the head? Officials misssed that one as well

It’s only Sheffield Wednesday though. 

It’s only the Championship.  

Who cares. 

Be as bad as you want ref/linesman. 

It’s cool. 

Edited by Kopparberg

2 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

One question for everybody. Why do we consistently give away more fouls than the opposition? Pretty much every game this season. Are we a dirty and cynical team? Are the refs biased? Or are we a set of naive daft c00nts? 

We concede possession too quickly, increasingly drop deep and allow teams space in and around our box, then dive in or clumsily get in the opponents way like Luongo did. A soft foul and we protest but why are they in these positions in the first place.

2 minutes ago, Animis said:

1 minute ago, NorthAmericanOwl said:

Dawson did enough imo

I have agreed with both of these.

1) Yes, i think Westwood would have made more of it.

But

2) I still think Dawson did enough to get the correct attention.

I’ve no real problem with the free kick... it wasn’t a foul but these things happen so quickly it’s not a uniquely bad decision.

But what is uniquely bad... corruptly incompetent even... is to have a six foot three defender standing behind the wall, six yards offside, in the goalkeepers line of vision, doing fu•king star jumps and being allowed to get away with it.

If somebody told me that had happened I would have thought that they were exaggerating.

4 minutes ago, Animis said:

Most of the other players where looking at the ball but that blind [email protected]@rd ref and sidekick with painted on eyes weren't. Disgraceful as is the norm now.... Can't remember the last time I came away from a match thinking the ref had a decent game

10 minutes ago, steelerian said:

To add...

I liked the look of Flint tonight. Defended well, and an absolute menace in the opponents box. 

Have you not watched the Championship for the past 5 seasons?

8 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

We don’t play the bar nowhere near fast enough 

9 minutes ago, steelerian said:

I'm not blaming Dawson for the goal. He was clearly interfered with. But to try see around the giant Flint he moved to his left, leaving a HUGE gap which Tomlin exploited, rather that standing more centrally.

Awful officiating though.

Shouldn't have been a free kick, then should have been offside, but you still have to question Dawson's positioning. Another step to the right and he'd possibly have saved it. I know he's trying to see the ball but you can't do that at the expense of leaving a gap that size. 

20191018_222031.thumb.jpg.af7146527bc92e6b25cdd8c87335d038.jpg

4 minutes ago, NorthAmericanOwl said:

Dawson did enough imo

He tried but looked as confused as me as to what Flint was doing. I think Westwood would have run out of the goal properly stopping play. If its then brought, very vocally, to the refs' attention, not that it should have taken this, he would have had to spoken to Flint or simply blown for offside if he persisted.