2 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

I honestly feel officials are a little bamboozled by the offside laws these days

Well then they shouldn’t be professional officials. It’s literally their job to know the rules and that goal is one of the clearest cases of interfering with play you’re likely to see. 

Can’t wait til we get a free kick 25 yards out and send Iorfa or Nuhiu to do the same thing 

3 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

Well then they shouldn’t be professional officials. It’s literally their job to know the rules and that goal is one of the clearest cases of interfering with play you’re likely to see. 

Can’t wait til we get a free kick 25 yards out and send Iorfa or Nuhiu to do the same thing 

They'd get booked...

Doesn't matter if there are 1 or 6 players in front of the keeper doing it, it's obstruction of the keeper surely. 

Guarantee if Nuhiu didn't would be ruled offside. 

fizz it, next time we get a free kick, have Nuhiu, Iorfa, Hutch all doing exercises in front of keeper

2 minutes ago, Castleford Owl said:

And Warnock openly admits it was a planned tactic. Could you imagine if we tried that? Never in a million years would we get away with it.

so he must think its within the rules? I honestly haven't got a clue, but it clearly is 'interfering'.

2 minutes ago, Castleford Owl said:

And Warnock openly admits it was a planned tactic. Could you imagine if we tried that? Never in a million years would we get away with it.

How can they think they'll get away with that? Is Warnock secretly friends with all the officials now or something?

It was right in his line of vision, it's clearly affecting play. What a joke it was allowed.

Please send Mr Stroud the following extract from the Laws of the Game:

"A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched* by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by:

• interfering with play by playing or touching a ball passed or touched by a team-mate or
  • interfering with an opponent by:
  • preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision or"

I guarantee the next time we see such 'interference' it will be flagged offside, simply because it is!!

7 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Dawson was shouting to the assistant before the kick was taken about Flint.

I'm not blaming Dawson for the goal. He was clearly interfered with. But to try see around the giant Flint he moved to his left, leaving a HUGE gap which Tomlin exploited, rather that standing more centrally.

Awful officiating though.

Guest Grez Bez
4 minutes ago, steelerian said:

I'm not blaming Dawson for the goal. He was clearly interfered with. But to try see around the giant Flint he moved to his left, leaving a HUGE gap which Tomlin exploited, rather that standing more centrally.

Awful officiating though.

What is he meant to do?