Keith Stroud

2 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

The linesman..... unbelievable.... 

Goalkeeper - Yep

Wall lined up - Yep 

7ft man in between jumping about like a kid on Haribo - Yep. That’s fine.  

Cost someone 2 points - Yep. Great job. 

Agree that was a disgrace, think we got off light when Palmer pulled back their player in the box, cert pen, not the 1st time he's done this. 

the ref needs reporting after that performance and either not be allowed to ref for a few weeks or downgraded to a lower level. the standard of refs is now appalling they seem to get worse week by week. anyone is allowed to make a mistake but he made at least 10 during game. if he referee in premier league he would be giving 100 fouls a game as he cant see a blatant cheat which tomlin clearly is. 

The ref was shocking last night but if the linesman puts his flag up after Dawson had warned him numerous times about what Flint was doing then we win the match.

I’d also add that we had plenty of chances to put that game to bed prior to their goal, the most blatant for me was when Luongo cut inside and shot from a ridiculous angle when Fletcher was stood unmarked on the edge of the area.

That was pure selfishness and I’d drop him from the side for that alone.

1 hour ago, Stoop said:

So that’s 4 absolute shockers we’ve had in the last 5 games now

Fulham- completely ignoring 90 minutes of sh*thousery

Hull- ignoring a clear penalty 

Wigan- Giving offside for a perfectly good goal

Cardiff- Missing a 6 foot 7 defender doing starjumps infront of Dawson whilst 5 yards offside. Oh and to rub salt in the wounds the scorer shouldn’t have even been on the pitch, after him intentionally elbowing Borner

The goal against Wigan was offside, we got gifted a penalty against qpr and were very lucky not to concede a penalty last night.

46 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

You have to be adult about this. Referees make mistakes, mostly genuine. You aren’t going to get every decision.

Give and take, it balances out etc, etc. The game needs referees that can act without fear or favour.

But last nights refereeing team, trying to be objective (I include the linesman) was so diabolical, you have to question their motives.

It was an truly awful performance - for one side only.

Whether he was a homer or just biased against us - I have no idea.

Furthermore, it spoils the game as makes it pointless, because it’s not fair. Enjoyment is replaced by frustration.

At one point the camera caught Stroud smirking after he gave Cardiff yet another decision. You really have to question his performance last night so one-eyed he looked more like cyclops than cyclops? :unsure:

I hesitate to moan about referees, because at some point you have to think it happens so many times, it must be us. But, again last night was poor.

Indecisive, fell for Cardiff falling over at the slightest touch, whistle happy and unfair decision making. 

The most telling moment was Hutch yellow card, coming minutes after an incident where Harris was brought down. 

Both mistimed tackles, one cynical and designed to deny a goalscoring opportunity, the other a failure to win the ball in a crowded centre circle. Neither a yellow card for me, but certain which was the gravest foul and more deserving of a booking....and not the one Stroud decided upon. 

Dont even get me started on the 3 or 4 times we made perfectly good tackles and were penalised for making a challenge to win the ball.

Recently we've had a ref who wanted to be centre of attention. Last night I just thought he was incompetent and didnt know what he was doing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Re: " The referee "

You know you've seen really, really bad officiating when you see the sample of comments  below, taken from the Cardiff fans site.

Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:50 pm

maccydee wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Have we bribed him?

Seems to bizarrely giving every decision to us. Some great tackles by Wednesday players being given as fouls.

Peltier and Pack should both be in the book as well.

Very, very much so.

I called him a homer. Gave us everything

I would agree.

Really poor from him, wouldn't surprise me if he gets demoted promoted next week.

• Haha 2

What summed it up for me was the smarmy, almost self centred look he gave our players every time he made a decision against us. 

He knew what what he was doing.

The 4th official was at it too, every time Monk or Bullen questioned him.

Utterly, utterly bent.

No two ways about it. 

14 hours ago, The Regulator said:

It wouldn’t be so bad if they had to do post match interviews and answer for their decisions but they walk around with impunity. And if they are being assessed nothing ever seems to come of their poor performances. Power without accountability.

the only 'accountability' is when a world cup comes up, and we haven't a single official chosen to be there, despite the finals now having grown to twice the number of games.

that's the truth of the fa's system, it a ****ing failure, as are the old farts running it.

Wonder how many of his mates had bets on for fouls in cardiff favour . That decision has cost us five places in the league as it stands . Imagine the table for all clubs if refs in this division weren't.  . . Delete as applicable . Bent , biased , incompetent , desire to be centre of attention . Nothing will happen though because if you can be blatantly bent ( Bruce's pet) and nothing happens to you there is no real hope for any club . 

I'm in this support group where Bobby Madeley posts and although his opinion its not interfering theres clear guidelines from the FA saying its offside so on that basis the goal should be disallowed it's not his opinion it's the laws and guidelines all referees have to follow.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, A12owl said:

The decision about Flint lies with the linesman. He was in line with the defence and could see Flint behind the line jumping like he had a fire cracker up his behind.

Dawson was telling him well before the kick was taken. Jobsworth ignored him.

It has to be both of them. Stroud has to see he's in the GK line of sight but not whether offside. Assistant can see offside but not line of sight (active). They should confer. Captain should have been pointing it out to the ref before ball is kicked.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, debram said:

Agree that was a disgrace, think we got off light when Palmer pulled back their player in the box, cert pen, not the 1st time he's done this. 

Debatable that one. It was needless as Flint was never going to get to the cross put you run the risk when you pull a player back like that. Saying that, the ref missed the most straightforward booking on Peltier you are ever likely to see in the first half. The same player then pulled back the shirt of Harris as they were chasing a ball towards goal early in the 2nd half. If he gets both of those decision right then Cardiff will be a man down and the Palmer incident probably won't even occur.