Cardiff - V- Wednesday OMDT

Cardiff - Owls Prediction  

282 members have voted

1. 1. Can we get something from Cardiff?

• Cardiff win
    • Draw
    • Owls win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/10/19 at 18:45

32 minutes ago, Weshallovercome said:

We only needed height because we let them attack.

Bannan going off left us with no one to link the attack, hence us not having any......my subs would have been Lee for Luongo and FF for Harris, cant help feeling FF could have given them the run around in the slippy conditions.

Monk got the subs wrong imo, he looked to defend our lead and gave them the initiative.

The subs Monk did were ok. He just done it 15 mins to early.

28 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Let’s agree to differ Pricey. I admire your passion for the blue and white wizards. 

I don’t blame the ref for the result. He should have given a penalty for Palmer grabbing Flints shirt.

I don’t blame Cardiff’s tactics. They’re by no means the worst cheats we’ve played this season. 

A draw was a fair result (and a good one). We had the first half but couldn’t maintain our levels in the second half or respond to Cardiff’s changes. 

Our substitutions helped them more than us. 

Onwards and upwards mate. WAWAW

I know - I just enjoyed the football of the start of it - it’s why we love it - I was genuinely pleased & loved watching us - rare feeling after the years I’ve been  through 

dirty tactics we should deal with better but I was enjoying the game & I don’t like football being dragged down to a lower unnecessary level. We set the bar tonight and their dirty tactics n ref forced us into situations we hadn’t created  

Edited by PriceAPP

1 hour ago, LoadABallacks said:

Deserved more,  but only ourselves to blame for not killing the game off as Cardiff were dire for the most part. 

our inability to kill games off will be why we finish somewhere between 8th to 12th this season. , 

Agree.

All over them and came out second half to defend the lead.

Why ?

Only just finished watching this on DAZN after getting back from a German second tier game (a 4-3 classic between Erzebirge Aue and Nuremberg - highlights are well worth a watch, it was bloody madness).

It simultaneously feels like we've nicked a point and left two behind - we were the better team for an hour, especially in the first half, but by the end we were falling apart and presenting them with gift-wrapped chances.

There were solid performances pretty much throughout the whole team, Dawson being the exception in terms of solidity but I wouldn't go as far as saying he let us down. The ref f***ed him over for the goal, yes he looked poor under crosses but he redeemed himself with that save from Whyte at the end. The work rate from everyone was very pleasing and I thought the modified shape of the team showed some promise.

There's both positives and negatives to take from that but a point away from home is rarely something to be disappointed with. Onwards and upwards.

18 minutes ago, Ray Von shabba said:

Agree.

All over them and came out second half to defend the lead.

Why ?

That's the mentality of this squad of players unfortunately we aren't brave enough and haven't been for years Monk knows the score he's mentioned the word mentality quite a few times already.

A point against Colin away from home's not at all bad.

Monk's doing well, and we're not below-par.

I'm optimistic.

This isn't Monk's team, he didn't have time to prepare for the season, and we're not a team which does well in the first half of the season anyway.

I see us getting progressively stronger, not weaker.

Good point, shame not 3. Need more composure when in the lead and learn how to press without fouling. Everyone had a good night really. Borner my MOM. Murphy and Nuhiu not great subs, but that’s what monk has to deal with, next season squad will look different. Onwards and upwards. If we can make the first 60 minutes last 90 we’ll be champions. Wawaw. 

Guest Bulgaria
14 minutes ago, VictoryBell said:

Stubbs in the dungeon eh, Snoots?

For what it's worth, I agree that the Warnock v Wednesday line is a load of tripe,

Really hope that FF tears 'em a new one!:laugh:

Can see it being 1-1.

Think Borner will put us ahead and they get a cheap free kick and level it around the 88th minute.

Lump on.

Well after sleeping on it I’m still not feeling any happier about last night. How the hell did the ref let them get away with that free kick routine. Offside, interfering with play surely. Also our tactics in the 2nd half were poor, we more or less sat back for the whole 45 minutes. That was simply asking for trouble. 

Guest LittleG
10 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

As Jack Charlton once famously said, “if he’s not interfering with play what’s he doing on the fecking pitch?”

Add to that the fact that Flint is 10ft tall with a wingspan like an albatross and we’ve been a bit hard done by. 
However, we didn’t deserve to win after conceding the second half. Not the ref or the rules to blame. 

Agree, draw was a fair result.

Guest Ferkorf

Would have took a point at the beginning of the game but the way it went down was shocking.

Next time a player is offside doing jumping jacks in front of the keeper maybe we could ask him to wear a hi-vis vest and hold glow sticks so the officials can see him.