Cardiff - V- Wednesday OMDT

Cardiff - Owls Prediction  

282 members have voted

1. 1. Can we get something from Cardiff?

• Cardiff win
    • Draw
    • Owls win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/10/19 at 18:45

4 hours ago, hatcheeks said:

Nuhiu for BB ???? WTF was that all about :(

It looks odd at first glance, but did make sense. It wasn't like making that change is what turned the game, they were already starting to cause a lot of trouble in the air so it was understandable to want to get more height on. Especially with how well Nuhiu has been playing from the bench lately. Can't blame Monk for hoping Nuhiu can turn the momentum game back in our favour as he has done several times before.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tottyboyowl said:

Credit Iorfa and Borner. Dawson terrible positioning for goal but great save at home. Palmer much better at left back. Bannan at least retains possession why take him off. Murphy awful, should have been Forestieri all day probably for Lluongo.

We gave away so many silly free kicks it was ridiculous. Less said about the referee the better.

If you watch the reply he's positioned where he is because of an 8ft jumping moron Infront of him in an off side position.

13 minutes ago, LittleG said:

Questionable substitutions; Nuihu for BB, very weird. Would have settled for a point before match but the offside rule really winds me up. Their player is doing star jumps in front of Dawson; surely he's in his line of sight and therefore fecking interfering. 

As Jack Charlton once famously said, “if he’s not interfering with play what’s he doing on the fecking pitch?”

Add to that the fact that Flint is 10ft tall with a wingspan like an albatross and we’ve been a bit hard done by. 
However, we didn’t deserve to win after conceding the second half. Not the ref or the rules to blame. 

1 minute ago, agentwalker said:

If you watch the reply he's positioned where he is because of an 8ft jumping moron Infront of him in an off side position.

I get what you are saying. Just think he may have been better going the other side ie more central. To be fair it was a criminal decision not to give offside.

20 minutes ago, PriceAPP said:

Watched this with a prem club supporter (won’t say which one) and he can’t believe what he’s just seen.  Thinks it’s an absolute disgrace

Tomlin red card

off side free kick

never a free kick 

but apart from that - after we scored the ref turned and ruined the game. 

Agree some of refs decisions were poor but we didn’t do enough to win the game. Controlled the first half but conceded the second. Not athletic or committed enough without the ball. No composure and lacking quality when we had it.

Not helped by poor substitutions. Should’ve been a straight swap Lee for Bannan. Forestieri for Reach

When you try to hang on to a one goal lead you always leave yourself open to a poor decision, a mistake or an unlucky bounce. 
Negative mindset leads to negative outcomes. 

2 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Agree some of refs decisions were poor but we didn’t do enough to win the game. Controlled the first half but conceded the second. Not athletic or committed enough without the ball. No composure and lacking quality when we had it.

Not helped by poor substitutions. Should’ve been a straight swap Lee for Bannan. Forestieri for Reach

When you try to hang on to a one goal lead you always leave yourself open to a poor decision, a mistake or an unlucky bounce. 
Negative mindset leads to negative outcomes. 

Different changes could have been made - I agree.

i wouldn’t have brought Murphy on but with a team cheating & refs encouraging it and enabling it; it becomes a near impossible task 

1 minute ago, PriceAPP said:

Different changes could have been made - I agree.

i wouldn’t have brought Murphy on but with a team cheating & refs encouraging it and enabling it; it becomes a near impossible task 

Thinks that’s you speaking with your fan goggles on. Don’t think you can accuse Cardiff of cheating. Nothing like Fulham earlier this season. The amount of times we hoofed the ball aimlessly forward, needlessly conceding possession was always likely to lead to a goal for them. Law of averages 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Thinks that’s you speaking with your fan goggles on. Don’t think you can accuse Cardiff of cheating. Nothing like Fulham earlier this season. The amount of times we hoofed the ball aimlessly forward, needlessly conceding possession was always likely to lead to a goal for them. Law of averages 

I watched it with someone who is not a fan and he was shocked 

so no - no fan goggles 

I’ve seen weds being poor over last 25 years and tonight I thought they all tried and fought. (Bar reach who looked knackered all night) 

3 minutes ago, PriceAPP said:

so no - no fan goggles 

I’ve seen weds being poor over last 25 years and tonight I thought they all tried and fought. (Bar reach who looked knackered all night) 

Reach ran his blood to water trying to support Fletcher and made two or three really dangerous breaks.

2 minutes ago, PriceAPP said:

so no - no fan goggles 

I feel your pain. Followed Wednesday since 1978. 
I agree we tried and fought. We were first to everything in the first half but conceded that advantage in the second half. 
Trying and fighting is not enough otherwise you could put 11 fans on the pitch (you and me included) and we’d win every week. 
We lacked the composure, quality and athleticism to wrestle back the initiative which is why we’ll be mid-table.

And by the way I’m not saying that’s a bad thing given the current squad. 

1 hour ago, Lawrie Madden said:

No it wasn't we needed height 

FF instead of Murphy maybe 

We only needed height because we let them attack.

Bannan going off left us with no one to link the attack, hence us not having any......my subs would have been Lee for Luongo and FF for Harris, cant help feeling FF could have given them the run around in the slippy conditions.

Monk got the subs wrong imo, he looked to defend our lead and gave them the initiative.

8 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

I feel your pain. Followed Wednesday since 1978. 
I agree we tried and fought. We were first to everything in the first half but conceded that advantage in the second half. 
Trying and fighting is not enough otherwise you could put 11 fans on the pitch (you and me included) and we’d win every week. 
We lacked the composure, quality and athleticism to wrestle back the initiative which is why we’ll be mid-table.

And by the way I’m not saying that’s a bad thing given the current squad. 

I’m just angry that we played good football & had the game - I felt happy - a new feeling when in sky! -commentators were complimenting us continuously- then they start falling over, silly free kicks - nonsense bookings for amazing tackles n within ten mins the ref & Cardiff ruined out game n took it from us n wouldn’t let us get it back. Yes we made some mistakes but that amount of cheating lost us the win tonight 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PriceAPP said:

I’m just angry that we played good football & had the game - I felt happy - a new feeling when in sky! -commentators were complimenting us continuously- then they start falling over, silly free kicks - nonsense bookings for amazing tackles n within ten mins the ref & Cardiff ruined out game n took it from us n wouldn’t let us get it back. Yes we made some mistakes but that amount of cheating lost us the win tonight 

Let’s agree to differ Pricey. I admire your passion for the blue and white wizards. 

I don’t blame the ref for the result. He should have given a penalty for Palmer grabbing Flints shirt.

I don’t blame Cardiff’s tactics. They’re by no means the worst cheats we’ve played this season. 

A draw was a fair result (and a good one). We had the first half but couldn’t maintain our levels in the second half or respond to Cardiff’s changes. 

Our substitutions helped them more than us. 

Onwards and upwards mate. WAWAW

• Like 2