Nice cheap tickets for Blackburn ,not.

1 hour ago, Harrysgame said:

So roughly £20 a game with an ST is ridiculous amount of money?

Guess it's a matter of opinions

What is ridiculous is someone who hasn't got a season ticket having to pay £40, thats a 100%  increase for a seat alongside that ST holder, for a match against a "attractive club" 

100% more for the big games! 

I understand matchday tickets have to be more expensive than season tickets but £25 per match (that's a 25% increase) for a similar seat seems fair.

No matter who the opponent is, the prices should be the same, (after all we're going to watch Wednesday not our opponents aren't we) none of this 7 category testicles and none of this ripping off away clubs who bring larger followings. 

In addition to this, I believe our s/t are in the top 3 most expensive clubs in our League.

In Sheffield, one of the lowest paid places per head per population. 

I understand the arguments regarding having to pay more, to see better players, but hasn't Chansiri himself said that ticket income has basically no bearing on the clubs turnover?

In that case why so expensive?

Anyway, sorry I've gone off topic, this is about clubs like Blackburn ripping off larger away supports (us) 

Something that we as a Club also do eg Sheff Utd, Leeds, Villa, 1st match, Boxing day, last match. 

All either Clubs with larger followings or days when larger crowds (both home and away) are expected.

It isn't  just a SWFC problem, (though we are culpable)  it is football in general. 

Edited by OWL1969
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, torres said:

Our ticket prices aren’t the going rate pal 

I’d love to see us be successful 

Us paying sickening amounts to support our club and being successful don’t go hand in hand. 

Just look at those lot across the city 

'our prices' are becoming 'the going rate', it's only a matter of time.

anyone wanting to throw their hat into the (top end of the table) ring nigh on has to spend, there are very, very few exceptions.

our spending was admittedly over the top, but I didn't see many kicking off against it when it took place.

the situation across the city is as different as black and white, they wanted promotion, and built a side.

we wanted promotion, and disassembled a side to build a new one, and the football played had to be played in a certain manner or it wasn't 'good enough', and this is STILL TRUE EVEN NOW.

12 hours ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Hmm many examples of sides with less money than we appear to have had , that play good attacking successful football You aren't suggesting we pay more than any other championship side to compete are you ? . Seems to me we are having to pay for the errors you stated and that is not right is it . 

we're not talking of 'good attacking successful football', we're talking promotion, there's an almighty difference.

one takes the owners money and over a period of time flushes it down the drain, the other gets to the premier and fills the club and owners pockets, as I pointed out it's the understanding of finance of the average football fan.

we were all happy when the new to football man stepped in, as it looked like no one else was in there for it, as such things could have gone better, but there (for me) was some poor advice at the time.

it's likely we all want promotion, it's a matter of who pays for it?

13 hours ago, torres said:

Our ticket prices aren’t the going rate pal 

I’d love to see us be successful 

Us paying sickening amounts to support our club and being successful don’t go hand in hand. 

Just look at those lot across the city 

Prices for adults maybe but it needs pointing out that prices for kids whether by season ticket or match day is very fair. 

30 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Brentford

QPR

Luton

Leeds

Majority of stadiums in league one and two. :biggrin:

So that’s 4, 2 of which are getting new grounds and Leeds’ cheapest stand doesn’t have 2 big posts in view 

Take away the nostalgia and the Kop is very poor 

9 hours ago, rickygoo said:

How do we compare with other teams in the division?

Dont know, but does it really matter? Think ST is great value.

I know some cant get each week so pay more but bit like the tv day passes to watch games cheaper if you have a contract.

Maybe if you look at similar size clubs who have not have PL payments, would have thought similar. Leeds etc.

28 minutes ago, torres said:

So that’s 4, 2 of which are getting new grounds and Leeds’ cheapest stand doesn’t have 2 big posts in view 

Plenty of seats on kop where view is not a problem. What next better legroom at pride park, teas better at brentford.

Proper bunch of moaners on here.

Guess all were happy to pay the extortionate prices for play off games etc.

It's called choice, dont like it dont pay it.

Plenty of concessions available including those not working etc.

3 hours ago, torres said:

I've never had a post blocking my view at Hillsborough. 

Standing  at back of away end at Leeds is like watching game through a letter box. Stand roof is only just above pitch level. 

2 hours ago, Harrysgame said:

Plenty of seats on kop where view is not a problem. What next better legroom at pride park, teas better at brentford.

Annoys me people saying you have a choice , we have a choice yes , pay up or stay away , is that really a choice for fans who have supported our team for decades and now find it financially hard and morally wrong to attend .Im presuming you are aware of our attendances not budging beyond low to mid 20 k why do you think that is ? . Play offs and the trip to wembley were a one off . I find it extremely difficult to support my team on a regular basis anymore because of our chairman . Glad you don’t have the same problem .

• Like 1

Don't want to bang on about prices etc because people do have a choice but just as an example, when we played Middlesbrough the other week, I got a ticket from Boro for £30. It was an excellent seat, in the main stand, practically on the half way line. So why can't we do the same?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Harrysgame said:

Dont know, but does it really matter? Think ST is great value.

I know some cant get each week so pay more but bit like the tv day passes to watch games cheaper if you have a contract.

Maybe if you look at similar size clubs who have not have PL payments, would have thought similar. Leeds etc.

They are not great value , they are in the top 3 prices in the Championship and looking at the last 2 seasons from our league position very highly priced.

4 hours ago, Harrysgame said:

I cant afford to go , where is my choice ?

Go cap in hand to the chairman ?

1 hour ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Annoys me people saying you have a choice , we have a choice yes , pay up or stay away , is that really a choice for fans who have supported our team for decades and now find it financially hard and morally wrong to attend .Im presuming you are aware of our attendances not budging beyond low to mid 20 k why do you think that is ? . Play offs and the trip to wembley were a one off . I find it extremely difficult to support my team on a regular basis anymore because of our chairman . Glad you don’t have the same problem .

All over it pal ,but you are wasting your breath 

"You have a choice " what a sh#tty one liner 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Would love to do a comparison to the average wages in the 70s and 80 etc and compare them to ticket prices. I would hazard a guess that it would be pretty similar now.

As for not budging past 20k, when we have reduced tickets prices the attendance does not go up by much. Think the thing is people have other things to do, or go to as well so just use cost as an excuse for not attending.

As I said why not get a ST, if you cant pay up front. Sure there must be away to pay monthly either by the club or on a card.

4 hours ago, the monk said:

All over it pal ,but you are wasting your breath 

"You have a choice " what a sh#tty one liner 

Not at all. You choose what you want to do, I just choose going to games over other activities , one less night out or a few hours overtime pays the cost of a match ticket. 

23 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

I have some agreement with your point..but if you look at ticket revenue against running costs it doesn't stand up..

Ticket income is used to defray ffp..not to run the club...so who suffers?

I entirely understand the reason for high ticket prices.  But it doesn't mean I agree with it.  I want to see us promoted as much as the next fan, but if it prices me out of the market I'll be pretty upset.  At the same time the only way to get across the line is to improve the squad and that costs money.  

Just not bothered...

1 hour ago, mattitheowl said:

I entirely understand the reason for high ticket prices.  But it doesn't mean I agree with it.  I want to see us promoted as much as the next fan, but if it prices me out of the market I'll be pretty upset.  At the same time the only way to get across the line is to improve the squad and that costs money.  

Chucking money around doesn't guarantee success. We've been languishing in the Championship for nearly 8 years now. In fact, some of the most successful managers have only had a shoestring budget to work with.