Nice cheap tickets for Blackburn ,not.

4 hours ago, rickygoo said:

Don't know if it's the case with Blackburn but some clubs offered reciprocal pricing. We refuse I believe. Robdoggery.

Problem with reciprocal pricing is that, we usually take our full allocation or near enough, so they make money

We lower our prices and 2 coaches turn up. Would wigan bring 1000 if we reduced our costs?

On 14/10/2019 at 19:11, torres said:

Parachute payments are something I hate but it is what it is. 

Chairman can gamble all they want but fans shouldn’t be forced to pay sickening prices for the errors they make 

it's not errors, it's what the 'going rate' is to finance a championship football club in an attempt to gain promotion.

admittedly, ours was error ridden, but I didn't see many rile at anything dc had done whilst building the side other than ticket prices.

if you and I want to see better players in wednesday shirts, then they need paying for, both from dc and us.

I never cease to be amazed that football fans seem to think a multi-millionaire should buy the club, sink his fortune into it and p*ssoff when spent up, for the next multi-millionaire to step up to the plate.

On 14/10/2019 at 19:48, torryowl said:

My understanding is that we have to pay what the home fans do for the same view.40  quid for both areas behind the goal .they can charge what they like for the other areas .

cheers.

so am I right in thinking that home fans not wanting to pay the £40 maybe able to go into a stand for less?

and is this option open to wednesday fans?

50 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

it's not errors, it's what the 'going rate' is to finance a championship football club in an attempt to gain promotion.

admittedly, ours was error ridden, but I didn't see many rile at anything dc had done whilst building the side other than ticket prices.

if you and I want to see better players in wednesday shirts, then they need paying for, both from dc and us.

I never cease to be amazed that football fans seem to think a multi-millionaire should buy the club, sink his fortune into it and p*ssoff when spent up, for the next multi-millionaire to step up to the plate.

Hmm many examples of sides with less money than we appear to have had , that play good attacking successful football You aren't suggesting we pay more than any other championship side to compete are you ? . Seems to me we are having to pay for the errors you stated and that is not right is it . 

17 hours ago, the monk said:

So you just lay down and take it because "it's the way of the world" ?

It's not the way of the world at most other grounds and where did anyone say they were special ? 

Yeah because loads of teams are reducing prices every year aren't they.

And I didn't say lay down and take it.  I said withdraw your support for the exploitation i.e. don't buy the stupid priced tickets!  If nobody turns up they will have to rethink prices!

Just not bothered...

2 hours ago, dorian gray said:

Our ticket prices aren’t the going rate pal 

I’d love to see us be successful 

Us paying sickening amounts to support our club and being successful don’t go hand in hand. 

Just look at those lot across the city 

1 hour ago, mattitheowl said:

And I didn't say lay down and take it.  I said withdraw your support for the exploitation i.e. don't buy the stupid priced tickets!  If nobody turns up they will have to rethink prices!

I have some agreement with your point..but if you look at ticket revenue against running costs it doesn't stand up..

Ticket income is used to defray ffp..not to run the club...so who suffers?

1 hour ago, torres said:

Our ticket prices aren’t the going rate pal 

I’d love to see us be successful 

Us paying sickening amounts to support our club and being successful don’t go hand in hand. 

Just look at those lot across the city 

We are not paying sickening amounts, some right drama queens. That lot across the city just got 160m buy a season ticket ffs 

3 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

We are not paying sickening amounts, some right drama queens. That lot across the city just got 160m buy a season ticket ffs 

I have got a season ticket 

It is ridiculous amounts we pay 

They got £160m for getting promoted without charging stupid amounts for tickets 

12 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

I have some agreement with your point..but if you look at ticket revenue against running costs it doesn't stand up..   

Ticket income is used to defray ffp..not to run the club...so who suffers?

I remembered the question but couldn't remember where it was, Sooo ;  I think Atdhe can be a genius when he turns on his footballing brain, often seeing passes which his teammates don't see or anticipate which makes the pass look awful. A couple of seasons back AN and FF seemed to have a bit of that ESP going on between them and they loved playing together, it'd be nice if that could blossom again.

Then you see him in matches where his speed, or lack of makes it look as if he is putting in a half hearted effort for the club/ squad. Then he beats half the oppos team and scores a blinder, as against Preston from the corner; utterly subliminal. If any premier league player scored that goal we would still be seeing it in the opening credits for most footie programmes.

All in all, and in answer to what I can remember of the question,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE OUR ATDHE NUHIU TO BITS.     FFS  :image:

1 minute ago, cognacbarnowl said:

I remembered the question but couldn't remember where it was, Sooo ;  I think Atdhe can be a genius when he turns on his footballing brain, often seeing passes which his teammates don't see or anticipate which makes the pass look awful. A couple of seasons back AN and FF seemed to have a bit of that ESP going on between them and they loved playing together, it'd be nice if that could blossom again.

Then you see him in matches where his speed, or lack of makes it look as if he is putting in a half hearted effort for the club/ squad. Then he beats half the oppos team and scores a blinder, as against Preston from the corner; utterly subliminal. If any premier league player scored that goal we would still be seeing it in the opening credits for most footie programmes.

All in all, and in answer to what I can remember of the question,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE OUR ATDHE NUHIU TO BITS.     FFS  :image:

This... cognac...is ...in modern parlance known as an epic fail... the best you can hope for here is a merciful Mod... good luck man..

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

This... cognac...is ...in modern parlance known as an epic fail... the best you can hope for here is a merciful Mod... good luck man..

But I never mentioned the application I sent in to the stir to be their new Sheffield Wednesday correspondent, FFS.  Sinking to that level was lesson No.1.. Lesson No.2 is going to be about plagiarism and the last and main lesson will be on a subject titled, "Meck it up and chuck in a reference to '66 and a couple of old players names. They always bite when you put in old players names, FFS"

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mattitheowl said:

Didnt imply they were reducing prices ,they arnt charging stupid prices like we do is the point 

I agree with your last points though, which is also what I practice 

13 hours ago, Harrysgame said:

Not really a moot point is it, all about choice. I guess if you are not happy paying 40 quind and want to save a few Bob, then you could still have a good day or matchday experience.

I consider 40 quid worth it for an overall experience.

It's only 40 at home with no ST anyway.

As for the PL only charge 30 etc, maybe if we had that amount of TV money we would.

Quality wise, for every good game in the Prem their is a poor one so not a massive difference from the games I see on TV.

Enjoy the championship with its unpredictability, cant always say the same in the PL.

Anyway all about opinions, prices, quality etc. 

As you say it's all about opinions.

Mine fwiw is while the Championship is more interesting than the PL in the aspect that anybody can beat anybody else and you definetly can't pick the top 2 (often even the top 6) before a ball has been kicked in the Championship,  the gulf in actual ability,  skill, passing, dribbling, shooting etc is enormous.

The level of football,  especially from the top PL teams is far superior and therefore imo we are paying more for an inferior product than we would be to watch PL football  (away from home). 

It doesn't really tally up to me.

I'll keep saying it 40 quid for 2nd tier isn't right.

Edited by OWL1969

2 hours ago, torres said:

I have got a season ticket 

It is ridiculous amounts we pay 

They got £160m for getting promoted without charging stupid amounts for tickets 

So roughly £20 a game with an ST is ridiculous amount of money?

Guess it's a matter of opinions