Nice cheap tickets for Blackburn ,not.

15 hours ago, the monk said:

Why have I got to take the blame exactly ?

Sorry if this has already en said, and its a crying shame, but YOU DON'T HAVE TO PAY THE PRICE!

Its not as if sport , especially away sport, is a luxury not a necessity.

It therefore comes under the label of 'If you want it, you'll pay for it'

Football has become the 'opiate of the masses'. They need it , therefore they will pay for it.

14 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

Sorry if this has already en said, and its a crying shame, but YOU DON'T HAVE TO PAY THE PRICE!

Football has become the 'opiate of the masses'. They need it , therefore they will pay for it.

So the choice is spending £100 on this away day or getting dragged to Meadowhell by the Mrs and spending £100. 

Blackburn it is then. lol

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

I was quoting someone who said WE are reaping what WE have sewn

There is only one bloke to blame or two if the Blackburn chairman has gone ti t for tat

17 hours ago, handworth52 said:

I went last season horrible day poured with rain , played atrocious blackburn could have had 8 . think it was £33 and we nowhere near sold out , so at £40 there is no danger we will sell out . 2000 less of us and probably 2000 less of them = less for the robbers charging that. 

We still took nearly 4K.

We were third bottom with that strange man as manager.

I can see their reasoning. If Wednesday bring nearly 4K when doing poorly in the league at £33 a ticket, they’ll bring a good number when doing well in the league at £40 a ticket.

52 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

I agree that end of the day football is a hobby so if the price is too much then don't play it.
Its when clubs give you are the spiel of 'We are all in it together' and the cringeworthy 'Sheffield Wednesday Family'. Basically an emotionally blackmail for you to accept the high prices that annoys me.

But yes if people didn't pay it then prices would come down.

So just reading on the Blackburn website, only us and Leeds are A+ category tickets. Home fans are charged the same but their 1875 membership discount is £15 a ticket for this game (normally £3) meaning that if you are member you pay £25 a ticket in the equivocal seats (£21 in the Riverside stand being the cheapest). The membership is £15 so will pay for itself in this game alone.

I know we run a similar discount scheme but it looks like Rovers are shafting us as they think they'll get a big pay day off the back of big travelling support. Hardly fair is it... but every club does something similar. Vote with your feet and it will stop happening. 

7 minutes ago, stewtheowl said:

So just reading on the Blackburn website, only us and Leeds are A+ category tickets. Home fans are charged the same but their 1875 membership discount is £15 a ticket for this game (normally £3) meaning that if you are member you pay £25 a ticket in the equivocal seats (£21 in the Riverside stand being the cheapest). The membership is £15 so will pay for itself in this game alone.

I know we run a similar discount scheme but it looks like Rovers are shafting us as they think they'll get a big pay day off the back of big travelling support. Hardly fair is it... but every club does something similar. Vote with your feet and it will stop happening. 

We charge £50 for membership , robbery if you ask me and then it's only £5 off matchday prices , so looking at Blackburn they are looking after their own , as they should do !

• Like 1

Bit bored of these threads, is this just another we charge too much for tickets blah blah dressed up as knocking Blackburn.

As many have said, it's up to you if you want to go pay up. Nothing much is cheap these days. Try booking a gig or Glastonbury or even the Lyceum etc. Costs money if you want a good standard of entertainment.

Plenty of local football around if you want it cheaper.

22 hours ago, handworth52 said:

this country is full of rip offs , the cinema been one of the  biggest rip offs going I choose not to pay cinewold £13 each to watch some cr*p along with there 6quid popcorn etc easily can set you back £100 if you choose to buy popcorn drinks etc too for a family of 4. football is different I support 1 team . I can watch that film at Cineworld on my 50 incher for nothing or a few cheap cans and 50p popcorn if ya like . football is a passion a hobby an addiction whatever you want to call it , but its different from going to watch something else. 

Only because football is YOUR passion.  I know people who go to the cinema at least once a week because they are massive cinema buffs.  And they have the same complaints about cinemas that we have about clubs charging £40 a ticket.

It's just like any other hobby/habit.  At some point you might become priced out of the market.  It sucks balls but ultimately it's just the way of the world and you're not special because your hobby is the one that has been affected.

Just not bothered...

1 hour ago, Harrysgame said:

Bit bored of these threads, is this just another we charge too much for tickets blah blah dressed up as knocking Blackburn.

As many have said, it's up to you if you want to go pay up. Nothing much is cheap these days. Try booking a gig or Glastonbury or even the Lyceum etc. Costs money if you want a good standard of entertainment.

Plenty of local football around if you want it cheaper.

The things that you're missing though are 

1. You're not guaranteed to a good standard of entertainment (often far from it).

Booking a gig at Glastonbury or Lyceum and generally you know you will get royally entertained.

2. Watching other local clubs, isn't the same as watching "your club" you just don't get the same attachment. (If you don't understand this then really you shouldn't be supporting Wednesday, as you obviously just don't "get it").

The Chairman know exactly what they're doing and play on it, they know what it means to many fans are are eager to exploit it,

40 quid for what is really 2nd Division football is just wrong anywhere, but especially in deepest, darkest Lancashire.

Edited by OWL1969

22 hours ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

If we had won at Hull and had a chance of going top of the league against Wigan there would have been about an extra 1000 fans, absolute tops, there. 

Chansiri has priced lots of people out and they have lost the habit of going completely. 

I despair when i see people attempting to justify his, and it is his, view on what is a fair price for second division football. 

exactly - turkeys voting for Xmas.

1 hour ago, OWL1969 said:

The things that you're missing though are 

1. You're not guaranteed to a good standard of entertainment (often far from it).

Booking a gig at Glastonbury or Lyceum and generally you know you will get royally entertained.

2. Watching other local clubs, isn't the same as watching "your club" you just don't get the same attachment. (If you don't understand this then really you shouldn't be supporting Wednesday, as you obviously just don't "get it").

The Chairman know exactly what they're doing and play on it, they know what it means to many fans are are eager to exploit it,

40 quid for what is really 2nd Division football is just wrong anywhere, but especially in deepest, darkest Lancashire.

Seen plenty of music events where the standard is poor, nothing like the CD they released!

However back to the football similar not the quality that's on offer more the fans, going with mates atmosphere etc. So consider 40.00 or whatever it is money well spent.

Away days are more than the match it is the overall day. Average away trip would be 150 after train, admission , few pints and meals etc might not be a quality product always but the day out is.

5 hours ago, mattitheowl said:

Only because football is YOUR passion.  I know people who go to the cinema at least once a week because they are massive cinema buffs.  And they have the same complaints about cinemas that we have about clubs charging £40 a ticket.

It's just like any other hobby/habit.  At some point you might become priced out of the market.  It sucks balls but ultimately it's just the way of the world and you're not special because your hobby is the one that has been affected.

So you just lay down and take it because "it's the way of the world" ?

It's not the way of the world at most other grounds and where did anyone say they were special ? 

4 hours ago, Harrysgame said:

Seen plenty of music events where the standard is poor, nothing like the CD they released!

However back to the football similar not the quality that's on offer more the fans, going with mates atmosphere etc. So consider 40.00 or whatever it is money well spent.

Away days are more than the match it is the overall day. Average away trip would be 150 after train, admission , few pints and meals etc might not be a quality product always but the day out is.

So your admitting it's about the awayday/atmosphere therefore making your previous view, that you made of "plenty of other local football around cheaper" a moot point really.

40 quid isnt money well spent, when in the PL the maximum you pay to watch your team at any ground is 30 quid. (Also much cheaper at many top overseas clubs) 

Granted I've payed it and probably will again and had good days, but just because I had good days,  doesn't mean it's OK for football clubs/chairman to rip off fans.

The great days are often despite the football and not due to it.

However you want to dress it up 40 quid to watch 2nd tier football is a disgrace and shouldn't be happening, if £30 is the maximum in the PL then a similar amount or less, maybe £25 should be the maximum to watch a "worse standard of entertainment" in the Championship. 

Edited by OWL1969

6 hours ago, OWL1969 said:

So your admitting it's about the awayday/atmosphere therefore making your previous view, that you made of "plenty of other local football around cheaper" a moot point really.

40 quid isnt money well spent, when in the PL the maximum you pay to watch your team at any ground is 30 quid. (Also much cheaper at many top overseas clubs) 

Granted I've payed it and probably will again and had good days, but just because I had good days,  doesn't mean it's OK for football clubs/chairman to rip off fans.

The great days are often despite the football and not due to it.

However you want to dress it up 40 quid to watch 2nd tier football is a disgrace and shouldn't be happening, if £30 is the maximum in the PL then a similar amount or less, maybe £25 should be the maximum to watch a "worse standard of entertainment" in the Championship. 

Not really a moot point is it, all about choice. I guess if you are not happy paying 40 quind and want to save a few Bob, then you could still have a good day or matchday experience.

I consider 40 quid worth it for an overall experience.

It's only 40 at home with no ST anyway.

As for the PL only charge 30 etc, maybe if we had that amount of TV money we would.

Quality wise, for every good game in the Prem their is a poor one so not a massive difference from the games I see on TV.

Enjoy the championship with its unpredictability, cant always say the same in the PL.

Anyway all about opinions, prices, quality etc. 

18 hours ago, stewtheowl said:

Don't know if it's the case with Blackburn but some clubs offered reciprocal pricing. We refuse I believe. Robdoggery.

On 14/10/2019 at 16:05, bigdan2003 said:

Am I reading this right...there are people blaming Chansiri for Blackburn’s ticket prices.

What else shall we pin on him? Brexit? Typhoon in Japan? The outbreak of the ****** plague in 1665?

:laugh:

giphy (5).gif