Nice cheap tickets for Blackburn ,not.

55 minutes ago, The Claw said:

running cost - wages to compete with other clubs to achieve, the cost has to come from somewhere, not all owners are minted e.g. bury - Bolton - are you asleep or will you be happy us dropping to oblivion.

I own a jag with a hillman imp engine - would you like that?

So clubs don’t live within their means and it’s upto the premier league clubs to bail us out??

Nonsense.

Run your business correctly and you don’t have to financial rape your own supporters 

Think of the money we’ve wasted on fees and stupid wages - we are not the only ones of course 

28 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

parachute/failure payments are compelling sides to try and compete on an uneven playing field, raising capital for clubs to challenge on a more even footing is getting harder year on year, as the FL do their best to keep championship sides 'in their place'.

Parachute payments are something I hate but it is what it is. 

Chairman can gamble all they want but fans shouldn’t be forced to pay sickening prices for the errors they make 

11 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

The overall scenario is poo . 

Lower home crowd. Less atmosphere. 

Lower away crowd. Less atmosphere. 

Empty seats. 

Goes through me when you compare that to a fuller ground and fiery atmosphere. Its slowly fading away. 

I went last season horrible day poured with rain , played atrocious blackburn could have had 8 . think it was £33 and we nowhere near sold out , so at £40 there is no danger we will sell out . 2000 less of us and probably 2000 less of them = less for the robbers charging that. 

With no match last Saturday, I went to watch Salford v Cambridge Utd.

Best stand was £10 adults/ £5 concessions.   Cheapest I've paid for at least 15 years.

Still only 3,000 turned up, in a conurbation of 2 and a half million.

£40 behind the goal for 2nd tier is a ripoff though.  Maybe we should do the above 3 game special.  That way, regular home fans get cheap football.

I really do appreciate that it's a complete and utter rip off.  But like so many things in life, it's a luxury and a choice.  Paying £6 for some popcorn in the cinema, or £85 for a theatre ticket is just the same.  But nobody is forcing you to go.  And ultimately if you don't go, and enough follow suit, things might change.  Or people can keep paying the stupid prices and complaining whilst paying ever more, expecting things to change.

I'd love to go to more away games, but I can't bring myself to spend £100 every other weekend for me and the Mrs.  So I don't.

Just not bothered...

1 hour ago, ka58 said:

I think the point they are making is that as we charge rip off prices we can’t grumble at being ripped off by other teams.

im sure their commercial department can sleep easy selling us tickets at that price when we charge top whack ourselves.

This argument just doesn't stack up , I remember when Leeds first did it and our fans saying we should  charge their fans the same 

Well that means that our kop prices have to be the same as the Lep , so not only would you be taking working class supporters of Leeds or whoever  to the cleaners you'd be doing the same to our own 

And why is Blackburn charging  our fans more getting back at our chairman who set the p... take prices ? 

53 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

so clear this up if yer can.

can they charge (lets say) £28 a game for home fans, but section off a part of their ground and charge £40 for it knowing it's very unlikely to be taken up by anyone with any brains in their support, and then charge us the same £40?

My understanding is that we have to pay what the home fans do for the same view.40  quid for both areas behind the goal .they can charge what they like for the other areas .

14 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

I really do appreciate that it's a complete and utter rip off.  But like so many things in life, it's a luxury and a choice.  Paying £6 for some popcorn in the cinema, or £85 for a theatre ticket is just the same.  But nobody is forcing you to go.  And ultimately if you don't go, and enough follow suit, things might change.  Or people can keep paying the stupid prices and complaining whilst paying ever more, expecting things to change.

I'd love to go to more away games, but I can't bring myself to spend £100 every other weekend for me and the Mrs.  So I don't.

Nobody is forcing you to go is a terrible argument to be fair. This is Wednesday we're talking about, 2nd Division footballs. Why should it be too expensive for anyone? 

10 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

this country is full of rip offs , the cinema been one of the  biggest rip offs going I choose not to pay cinewold £13 each to watch some cr*p along with there 6quid popcorn etc easily can set you back £100 if you choose to buy popcorn drinks etc too for a family of 4. football is different I support 1 team . I can watch that film at Cineworld on my 50 incher for nothing or a few cheap cans and 50p popcorn if ya like . football is a passion a hobby an addiction whatever you want to call it , but its different from going to watch something else. 

50 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

With no match last Saturday, I went to watch Salford v Cambridge Utd.

Best stand was £10 adults/ £5 concessions.   Cheapest I've paid for at least 15 years.

Still only 3,000 turned up, in a conurbation of 2 and a half million.

£40 behind the goal for 2nd tier is a ripoff though.  Maybe we should do the above 3 game special.  That way, regular home fans get cheap football.

1 hour ago, handworth52 said:

I went last season horrible day poured with rain , played atrocious blackburn could have had 8 . think it was £33 and we nowhere near sold out , so at £40 there is no danger we will sell out . 2000 less of us and probably 2000 less of them = less for the robbers charging that. 

Yep, and Northern were on strike meaning taxi from Manchester and back. With train from Newark to Leeds delayed by an hour on the way there. Lovely day out. . .

I might get hammered for this but this is why i no longer go to matches. Can afford it but don’t think it’s worth it. Until something changes I’ll stay an armchair fan.

was a season ticket holder for many many years and travelled some distance for home games and went to the odd away

now enjoy with the family at home when it’s on. When it not I rely on Jeff stelling. 

If it changes ill I’ll be back but can’t see it happening 

• Like 1

If we had won at Hull and had a chance of going top of the league against Wigan there would have been about an extra 1000 fans, absolute tops, there. 

Chansiri has priced lots of people out and they have lost the habit of going completely. 

I despair when i see people attempting to justify his, and it is his, view on what is a fair price for second division football. 

• Like 1