Fernando plays for U23s

Just now, Belfast Owl 2 said:

We have no idea what Monk will feel but you have made pretty clear your feelings.

So hold him to a different standard to oir squad which has blown hot and cold for years.

Dead on

Of course I could be wrong..but I I'll state another opinion just for you..

Do you think he'll get some leeway out of Monk if he goes to him and tells him he doesn't fancy tracking back?

Seriously?

2 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

The time for him to be able to run hot and cold has gone.. he's got to be at the races every game imo..

Just like all our other players that are the definition of consistency 

Edited by torres

Side issue - why does Rhodes NEVER play in these matches?

60 minutes here and there when he's not involved in the squad can't do him any harm surely?

Grabs a few goals, gets sharper, gets in the squad etc etc

Or are they worried for the opposite - plays 60 minutes, looks awful even at that level, loses all confidence, nowhere near squad, other teams even more put off etc etc 

11 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

Don't see where he fits in as things stand.. perhaps impact sub?

For his size, stature and style of play/creativety he's perfectly suited to that left wing role we were using in the 4-3-3 /4-1-2-2-1 system. 

Just depends wheather hell toe the line so to speak or throw a strop becouse he wants to be the littlest centre forward/target man. 

Just now, Costello 77 said:

We're on about FF..

Why does he have to be so different to every single other player in the squad then?

If he didn't ''run hot and cold'' he wouldn't be here. The difference with him is that is hot is match winning

1 minute ago, torres said:

Why does he have to be so different to every single other player in the squad then?

If he didn't ''run hot and cold'' he wouldn't be here. The difference with him is that is hot is match winning

I suppose it's the fact that he can be a match winner that marks him out from the others.. between injury.. suspension and indifferent form I'm expecting him to start forcing himself into the team and stay there if Monk can fit him in..

Basically to give the club and fans some value before his contract ends..

Just now, Costello 77 said:

I suppose it's the fact that he can be a match winner that marks him out from the others.. between injury.. suspension and indifferent form I'm expecting him to start forcing himself into the team and stay there if Monk can fit him in..

Basically to give the club and fans some value before his contract ends..

If he stays injury free, refusing to travel free, racism free, red card free, face on free, we have got one hell of a player on our hands at this level

Joking apart - if he is available for every match from now until January, i can see Monk using him like he did Hernadez at Leeds and almost working a team around his spark.

The benefit we have is that our squad ''around'' him is a lot stronger than it was at leeds, so we might not fall apart quite so easily 

• Like 1

Likely bench for cardiff but will hopefully start at home vs stoke.

Dont know why hes never had a free role, but it could be the best bet behind fletch.

Can see him linking with and helping harris out which could be key for us going forward, we rely on and ask too much of harris at times.

Edited by Ash77