Nuhiu.. carthorse or misunderstood genius

Has a part to play and people should appreciate his skill set; no point in booing and botching cos he doesn’t do this and that. Appreciate what he does bring to the team and don’t expect more. 

Battering ram (Leeds away spring to mind), hold up play, aerial power against team scared of his size, and a bit of link play is what we’ll get.  He’s not going to effectively run the channels or break the offside trap and break through. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Salmonbones said:

It will never happen, but if you played Nuhiu in CM for a game, you would see his worth.

Vision and an eye for the pass - or shot.

Like I say, never happen as he's been given the role of striker because of his size, which is unfortunate.   His skillset to me says midfielder.

6 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

I'd like Monk to give him a go at centre half.. he's more commanding in the air than iorfa and better at bringing the ball out than Borner imho..

5 hours ago, erickpottsfc said:

He's neither a carthorse or genius.

He's a player who gives is all, loves the club, seems to be appreciated by the players and gets picked to play by GM as well as recent managers.

Good squad player in my opinion.

5 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

He could still come up for corners and set pieces and be lethal..

1.A.Nuhiu

2.A.Nuhiu

3.A.Nuhiu

4.A.Nuhiu

5.A.Nuhiu

6.A.Nuhiu

7.A.Nuhiu

8.A.Nuhiu

9.A.Nuhiu

10.A.Nuhiu

11.A.Nuhiu

12.A.Nuhiu

• Like 1

A carthorse, a term most often attributed and used in a negative sense, more so in today's world.

A harder worker is not something to be looked down upon.  Not for me.  

Hard workers are the very foundation and bricks needed for any structure to survive. 

• Thanks 1

He’s a great squad player. We all know his worth coming on around 70 minutes to change the game. He will start the odd game but he is a first team substitute (if there is such a thing). I would continue renewing his contract every couple of seasons because he adds real value to the team as a substitute. 

Edited by shandypants

9 hours ago, steelerian said:

For those saying try him in midfield or CB - really? Are you serious?

His biggest assets are his touch - quite silky for a big guy - and he does have a bit if an eye for a finish.

However he is so immobile that it doesn't matter how good his other qualities may be, he could never play any other position that point man striker. The guy just cannot run. It's like hes running through thick tar all the time.

If I had to chose between carthorse or genius, it's the carthorse every single time.

How about in goal? Big lad, imposing presence, intimidating for penalty takers.

Edit: Could save a few with his arse.

Edited by Samurai Blue
Reason for edit: Because I typed "Edit: Could save a few with his arse."
  • Haha 4

He is a player who can be completely unplayable at time. But only if the team we are playing can't figure him out.

Sometimes he scares the opposition and they can't get near him. Nothing more wonderful than when the Nuhiu Train gets up to speed. Against some teams he can get the on the ball and just plough forward, slowly but unstoppably. Other times they know how to deal with him and he never gets going.

Very few players in Wednesday history can claim to have changed the game more often than he has when coming on as a sub. But very few players have also had as many ineffective games either.

Definitely a feast of famine player. But always worth having as an option.

• Thanks 1

You could never play him in midfield for the simple reason that every opposition midfielder, and most center backs, would find it too easy to simply dribble past him.

He has already, and will continue to save/win us points this season. (Fulham stoppage time equaliser)(soaking up pressure end of the game against Wigan)

15 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

He'll never be a midfielder..C/H is his natural position.. winning it in the air and bringing it out.. we've gone on for years about linking up with the attack.. this would solve our problems at a stroke imho..

Makes a lot of sense apart from the part about winning it in the air and bringing it out ....

0741F624-E9E5-4353-B491-C1B65741E6DF.jpeg

15 hours ago, Salmonbones said:

Close your eyes and vision all the times you have seen Nuhiu come away with the ball with several players marking him.

Seriously, do it.

Then take a look at the times he wins the ball (at his feet) and passes it off in an attacking sense.

This guy, I am riled writing this, but this guy gets given a way of playing because of his size - the guy can't head the ball for all his worth, he tries but my god he can't do it.    He can however take the ball and find a pass.  He can find the ball and take a shot.   He can dribble with the ball at his feet, which is quite something for a big guy.    More over though, this man knows what is around him, he has vision - and that is my main concern.   Vision.   That to me by its self tells me he could do a CM position.

Ate you on crack ?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Makes a lot of sense apart from the part about winning it in the air and bringing it out ....

0741F624-E9E5-4353-B491-C1B65741E6DF.jpeg

I can't be arsed to go into why I started this thread LLP but I can reveal that not all of my postings here are entirely serious.. even so.. there's been some very good points made..lol

• Like 1

He’s neither a cart horse nor is he a genius. He is, however an excellent footballer who is very under rated due to some people thinking that because he looks big and clumsy that he’s rubbish. He’s got a ‘football brain’ he can lay the ball off well and he’s got a lot more ability than the vocal minority think. 

• Like 2

On 11/10/2019 at 18:43, Salmonbones said:

It will never happen, but if you played Nuhiu in CM for a game, you would see his worth.

Vision and an eye for the pass - or shot.

Like I say, never happen as he's been given the role of striker because of his size, which is unfortunate.   His skillset to me says midfielder.

The most rediculous post i have ever read on here, and theres been some right pearlers in the past!

Bang average journeyman. Not a carthorse and definitely not a genius. His aerial ability for his size is poor , he has no pace , and scores few goals. What he does have is a decent touch , he is big and auqward , plus always gives 100%. He doesn't have the quality to be a regular starter but often does make an impact from the bench. At the end of the day he is what he is and at present he deserves his place on the bench. We should be looking to sign better and move on but it is whether we have the finance to do so.

Edited by ZicoSterland2