A Nuhiu

9 hours ago, cognacbarnowl said:

Haha, I'm way to old for agendas Ian. Just react to what I see at a certain moment, then it's forgotten. There is one agenda that I would love to be a part of though, and would back it with everything I've got.

An agenda tp remove all these hoi polloi politicans around the world and replace them with plain, ordinary folk. Then take the ill gotton gains off them and give them an old age pension to live on. We'd have to give the pension to the underage mob too, cos they'd never be employed with no practical skill at anything but lieing. FFS

They are ordinary folk, lots of them work unbelievable long hours helping the people they represent.  We are too cynical to ready to believe that everybody is out for themselves.  Most MP's could get much better paid work elsewhere for less hours and certainly less abuse.  Sure there are some bad apples but that's the same for any profession.

On Owlstalk we can't even agree on which player should play in what position.  So how we expect 600 odd MP's to agree on anything is beyond me.  Consensus is about the best we can do, it please's know one but generally its the best outcome. 

If you feel that strongly about it become an MP and change the world for the better.

Getting down from the soapbox now, sorry, sorry.

Edited by Mycroft

10 hours ago, Ian said:

My post was aimed entirely at the team....I made no mention of any players but crack on if it suits your agenda

Yes and you were wrong on both counts...Kosova have done a great job in so short a time...but expecting you to post sense has long passed

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Ian said:

Yep, scoring a goal at “international level” against a team that isn’t a Country is a true sign that you’re no mugs......they’ll be beating Stocksbridge Park Steels next 

I would agree that Gibraltar define the term "minnow" at international level, but perhaps they deserve some credit too

Going into last night's game on an eight match losing run

Away from home in front of a full house generating a great atmosphere

What should they do, roll over and let Kosovo run up a cricket score?

0-0 would have been a brilliant result for them, friendly or not

And they're probably disappointed all their hard work and organization failed to pay off

7 minutes ago, scilly owl said:

Whilst we’re on the “ international “ team topic, I don’t think that we should let Palmer travel to play for that no hope B nation football team as it will stifle his development.... he must arrive back in a traumatised state poor sod.

In all fairness, he was probably the first one on the plane.

Hasn't he just had a baby?

He'll getting some decent kip.

lol

I know it's long before the time of most posters on here, but I seem to remember, vaguely, a chap called Dooley or something, who became a scoring legend. If I remember correctly, he scored goals with his arse, his knee, even once his elbow (it hit him, and in those days was perfectly legal)

As my Dad always taught me 'Lad, footie's a SIMPLE game. You hit the back of their net more often than they hit yours.''

25 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

I know it's long before the time of most posters on here, but I seem to remember, vaguely, a chap called Dooley or something, who became a scoring legend. If I remember correctly, he scored goals with his arse, his knee, even once his elbow (it hit him, and in those days was perfectly legal)

As my Dad always taught me 'Lad, footie's a SIMPLE game. You hit the back of their net more often than they hit yours.''

Yes I remember my parents saying DD was clumsy but got the goals.

No insult to DD intended, just an opinion I remembered.

56 minutes ago, OhForAnotherShez said:

Yes I remember my parents saying DD was clumsy but got the goals.

No insult to DD intended, just an opinion I remembered.

It wasn't an insult to DD. It wasn't even opinion. It was FACT. Dooley never looked like what our conception of a footballer should be. He was big, busty and scored as many with his knees and ankles as he did witth his massive, but deadly , feet. I watched Derek all his footballing life, including his debut at Oakwell, a year before he came into the side regularly. In fact, in his first match, he loooked so big and clumsy it was unbelievable. He would have made Nuhiu look like Wayne Sleep in his movements. I always said he only knew one thing about football - there was a leather bag of wind that only had one place on a football field- the back of the net! But, by blooody hell, couldn't he do i!

I remember being near the touchline once at Derby's old ground. The Derby centre half was a certain Leon Leuty, a superb CH in his day, He came over to the full back and said something like 'Thee go and try to do some'at whi' Him, 'cos I can't' Dooley scored five that game.

I often think of Dooley whenever Atdhe is on the field.. He may look clumsy and slow, but he gets the job done..

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Westfield Owl said:

Kosovo’s recent record is more than respectable for a country of their size: P 17, W 11, D 5, L 1, GF 38, GA 17

So yeah I’d say they’re no mugs.

Gibraltar

Malta x2

Azabaijan 

Czech Republic

Bulgaria

Faroe Islands

Bakino Faso

Madagascar

Albania

a veritable who’s who of World football