Where did our injury list go?

People blame Carlos for injuries. But his short term approach was what the club wanted, and is why ultimately he was employed. The chairman wanted us promoted within 2 seasons. The club would have known his methods before employing him. 

There was a certain degree of pressure on Carlos to deliver promotion. Particularly in that second season, so I can see why he rushed players back. Although I don’t agree with it, I can understand it from his perspective. 

• Thanks 1

On 09/10/2019 at 13:01, Minton said:

Rubbish. There were just as many injuries under Jos as there were with Carlos. Bruce had a fair number of injuries towards the end of last season too. Add in some serious, long-term injuries to players like Lee and Winnall and you really can't put the blame squarely on Carlos.

What has changed is our squad and medical and fitness department. We've released or sold many of the perpetually injured players and made the prudent appointment of Strudwick. Combined with a different playing and coaching style and a bit more depth, it's putting less stress on players and meaning we are seeing less fatigue-related injuries too.

Jo's inherited Carlos injury crisis, we had 18 first teamers out when he took over from "the best coach we've ever had" according to some. You have to give him credit of starting to get us fit for duty and Bruce's new man for finishing the job. You can't clear that much of an injury mess up instantly it took two full seasons. 

I'm not a lover of jos, he made ranieri "the tinker Man" look stable as far as team selection, formation and tactics. 

I missed 5 years playing any sport whatsoever when I did the cruciate in the left knee and it took a couple of seasons to get back to where I had been fitness and sharpness wise. 

Edited by shezzas left peg

Does this have anything to do with the fact Abdi, Hooper, Matias, Pudil and Loans of Aarons, Lazaar and Onomah are no longer at the club between them adding in Jones and Boyd probably in the region of £200k or £10m in wages a year for players who for most of the season where not able to player or good enough to play.

Long may the health of the squad continue and lets hope we can maybe reduce the overall age of the squad this season to help reduce injuries in the long term too.

With a fit squad we only need a squad of 20 - 23 players instead of 35.