Wednesday v blunts 1980 league cup

15 hours ago, sexpistol said:

What are people’s memories of these games? I was at the Hillsborough game, but can recall very little about it, other than it being loud. I don’t recall the goals. I’ve been told by a blunt mate of mine that they didn’t bring as many fans as he thought, he said around 5,000 I wouldn’t have a clue if I’m honest. 

I didn’t go to the game at theirs.

What was the build up like to these games?

I went to both games, I'm sure first leg was an early kick off just like boxing day massacre previous season, this and all ticket resulted in a disappointing attendance, well over 30,000 was expected. 

Poor turnout by them, like other post around 5,000. 

Much better atmosphere at second leg with a bigger crowd and more of us. I'm sure they scored first then TC equalised. 

5 hours ago, Animis said:

I have no recollection of either goal - always thought it was 0-0.

Apologies to Owl1969

No probs, tbf you did say you couldn't remember much about the game.

I think I can only remember it because it was my first "away match" and the first Derby match I went to. 

Plenty of matches since where the score escapes my memory.

Edited by OWL1969

I remember the second leg at their place , we were going on the Bramall Lane end and a big mob of Wednesday fans walked past and down John Street towards their Kop. In the ground our lot looked a lot lower down behind the goal on the Shoreham compared to the league match in April.  Remember Curran scoring an equaliser going round the keeper at the Bramall lane end.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, owlthorpe said:

I remember the second leg at their place , we were going on the Bramall Lane end and a big mob of Wednesday fans walked past and down John Street towards their Kop. In the ground our lot looked a lot lower down behind the goal on the Shoreham compared to the league match in April.  Remember Curran scoring an equaliser going round the keeper at the Bramall lane end.

You could well be right regarding the goal, but my memory of the goal (I was only 10) was that Curran scored from about 12 Yards straight shot all along the ground into the bottom corner.

Can't ever recall seeing the goal on Tv, would be great if somebody could find it.

Guest Jack the Hat

I watched them both on ifollow on my Commodore 64. poo picture quality though. Apparently it was much better on the ZX Spectrum. 

On 10/10/2019 at 23:23, OWL1969 said:

You could well be right regarding the goal, but my memory of the goal (I was only 10) was that Curran scored from about 12 Yards straight shot all along the ground into the bottom corner.

Can't ever recall seeing the goal on Tv, would be great if somebody could find it.

Disappeared into the ether i`m afraid like the the goals from the famous night at Blackburn the same year.