Jump to content
Holmowl

Monk’s first 5 games

Recommended Posts

I’m surprised about how well he’s started and more optimistic now about him being here. I’m sure we’ll get better than we have been and look forward to seeing how we fare against some of the bigger hitters in the division.  

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Massive thing for us is that in both the games we didnt win we still created alot of chances on goal.

We also look like a team who has more than one way of playing aswell.

  • Agree 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can’t see how anyone wouldn’t see Monkmans start as a successful one. As has been said even the matches we didn’t win we looked positive.

 

It really is a pity about the Hull game - we would be 2nd and that helps with the positivity of the players and fan base, which can help with results.

 

We really need to take advantage and get a win against Cardiff - but I’m sure Monkman realises that and is planning accordingly. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s been a solid start 

And it’s in this next section of matches, between October international break and Christmas where we have struggled over the last couple of seasons. 1 win in 12 type records. And the fixtures aren’t any easier this time either, so it will be interesting how we get on. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best manager in the universe.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very similar return to Bullen’s first 5 games, and Bruce before him. Suggests we aren’t far off a top six squad, and with a couple of upgrades come January, who knows

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Middlesbrough will not finish top half. If they keep Woodgate, they will join Barnsley in League 1 next season.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I posted this in the graph thread yesterday, but it's relevant to this thread also:

 

Yes we've had a couple of unconvincing games in the first 11 games, in a time of change, but compared to 12 months ago....

 

- We've gone to Middlesbrough and got something... Our self respect and pride back and left Middlesbrough as a team of jibbering wrecks, which was miles away from last seasons performances against them

- We're playing with Passion, Fight and a Plan. 

- The club is no longer divided. No more spectre of Mr Freeze

- Bruce and Bullen have made some quality additions to the squad among Iorfa, Borner, Kadeem and Luongo 

- We've now got a Manager who not only sounds like he knows what he's talking about, the team are actually playing in the way he's described they will. 

 

I can only see positives and can't see any reason why we can't continue to outstrip last year's graph.

 

Keep the Graphs coming. 

 

garymegson

 

It must be time for an additional Gary emoji?

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

I posted this in the graph thread yesterday, but it's relevant to this thread also:

 

Yes we've had a couple of unconvincing games in the first 11 games, in a time of change, but compared to 12 months ago....

 

- We've gone to Middlesbrough and got something... Our self respect and pride back and left Middlesbrough as a team of jibbering wrecks, which was miles away from last seasons performances against them

- We're playing with Passion, Fight and a Plan. 

- The club is no longer divided. No more spectre of Mr Freeze

- Bruce and Bullen have made some quality additions to the squad among Iorfa, Borner, Kadeem and Luongo 

- We've now got a Manager who not only sounds like he knows what he's talking about, the team are actually playing in the way he's described they will. 

 

I can only see positives and can't see any reason why we can't continue to outstrip last year's graph.

 

Keep the Graphs coming. 

 

garymegson

 

It must be time for an additional Gary emoji?

There is only one Gary garymegson

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Boro will probably finish top half

 

The only top half Boro will finish in is the..... 

 

"Totally boring and mind numbing club ever" top half.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spookone said:

I can’t see how anyone wouldn’t see Monkmans start as a successful one. As has been said even the matches we didn’t win we looked positive.

 

It really is a pity about the Hull game - we would be 2nd and that helps with the positivity of the players and fan base, which can help with results.

 

We really need to take advantage and get a win against Cardiff - but I’m sure Monkman realises that and is planning accordingly. 

 

If we had won at Hull, we'd have been top on GD.  Apart from that you're spot on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A good positive start but it’s not unusual to see the ‘new manager bounce’, look at Man U. and Solskaer. Every player upping his game to catch the new manager’s eye, only to become disenchanted when the same old faces get selected.

 

Keep it in perspective because we’ve been in a fortunate run of fixtures, most opponents from the bottom end of the table.

I know those games have often been our downfall but let’s hope we can keep it going when we meet some tougher opposition.

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chansari deserves credit for his last two appointments, Before his defection Bruce did a solid job for us and monk is proving to be a good appointment. 

A long way to go but so far so good 

  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a chance Boro or Hull finishing top half.

 

Still, a decent return.

 

Hopefully come back firing a week on Friday and smash Colin on his own patch. And on Sky. He'd love that.

 

Image result for neil warnock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Philb125 said:

I’m surprised about how well he’s started and more optimistic now about him being here. I’m sure we’ll get better than we have been and look forward to seeing how we fare against some of the bigger hitters in the division.  

i'm looking forward to him getting players in to suit his requirements instead of someone else's castoffs. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Very similar return to Bullen’s first 5 games, and Bruce before him. Suggests we aren’t far off a top six squad, and with a couple of upgrades come January, who knows

different subject, but thought bullen might be interested in the dingle job, opening in management.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Its a OK start ,I'm not gonna start singing from the roof tops yet

 

Still not convinced with performances

Middlesbrough aside ,have we played a solid 90 minutes yet 

These players need to step up more 

80% effort won't get us where we wanna be 

Edited by WelshOwl74
  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So nobody’s got the Monk on?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Hitcat said:

Best manager in the universe.

apart from Bruce

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...