January transfer window

Left back, left back, left back. Only been waiting since the start of 2017/18 season.

But the new recruitment team did well in the summer considering them problems with the club running and financial problems. Let's hope they sort it.

A possible lb target Like Garbutt from Everton current on loan at ipswich, scored and creates A lot of chances for a full back a bit like Hector last season looking for a new home. 

2 hours ago, Quist said:

We bought Luongo who was in last year of contract and got him cheap.

Currently in Championship their are numerous players in final year f contract. Hull City have numerous players out of contract including both wingers, left back and Jacson irving.

Jake Cooper at Millwall is another. I could see us being smart andlooking for players in this group.

Personally going forward we need more pace in striking options and energy in midfield. Not sure who or where Monk will want to strengthen but expect we will move a few players out.

We've been trying to move players out for the last few years,but they won't go.!!

3 hours ago, The Night-Owl said:

Would someone like Uche Ikpeazu be worth going in for? Seems like a tall, powerful and pacy forward, that's supposedly generating interest from a few Championship level clubs, by the sounds of it. 

Like a look of Ikpeazu, got tremendous physical atributes and works very hard. Certainly someone I would like us to take a look at.

Would take a serious look at Ryan Wintle at Crewe as well. They are top of the league, playing some very nice passing football and this guy is a key player for them. I've seen them five times this season and can hardly remembering him missplacing pass. It won't be long before he gets linked with Championship sides.

Striker main priority need to get a head start for when fletcher is done because he won’t last forever. 

another winger to replace Murphy and another left back. 

wait until next summer to see who goes and stays, asses the squad and hopefully if monks still here he can build his own squad. 

ff could be the player we’ve been missing, but how many times have we said this? 

23 hours ago, shandypants said:

We need a goal-scoring striker to play off Fletcher in his centre-forward role and a left back to allow Palmer to move back to right back. I’d also like to see an old-fashioned winger that will hug the touchline beat the man, get to the byline and whip in the accurate cross - does that type of player exist anymore?

Harris?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, sMacLean said:

Lose Bannan and the midfield has no creativity, lose Fletcher and we have no suitable replacement. Definitely our key areas along with LB.

I wouldn't necessarily agree with that. Luongo could step in for BB and I don't think we'd lose anything. The replacement/competition/alternative for Fletcher is far more important. As is a dominating midfielder. Its important to get Winnall and Rhodes shipped out, but we'd want to be pretty certain of our targets beforehand.

2 hours ago, steelerian said:

Defence is fine - look at our goals against column

Creativity - an upgrade on Bannan and or Reach and or Murphy

Goals Goal Goals - get you promoted

I mean, being handed a very gentle set of fixtures to start the season does help keep the ‘goals conceded’ column to a low number.  I’d say it’s the easiest starting fixtures for us in a generation.  That doesn’t mean the defence doesn’t need to be worked on.

Monk should be actively trying to improve our defence in January IMO.  If you genuinely don’t see the need to bring in a LB at the very least then you’re very much in the minority

Oh and bringing in an ‘upgrade’ on Bannan or Reach in January would either cost millions, or would require us to get a huge break in the loan market when we’re already sufficiently stocked in those areas.

And even though he’s been underwhelming, as 4th choice wingers/wide forwards go, you won’t get many better at this level than Murphy.  Some clubs in this division don’t even have 4 senior players who are wingers/wide forwards.

11 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

I mean, being handed a very gentle set of fixtures to start the season does help keep the ‘goals conceded’ column to a low number.  I’d say it’s the easiest starting fixtures for us in a generation.  That doesn’t mean the defence doesn’t need to be worked on.

Monk should be actively trying to improve our defence in January IMO.  If you genuinely don’t see the need to bring in a LB at the very least then you’re very much in the minority

Oh and bringing in an ‘upgrade’ on Bannan or Reach in January would either cost millions, or would require us to get a huge break in the loan market when we’re already sufficiently stocked in those areas.

And even though he’s been underwhelming, as 4th choice wingers/wide forwards go, you won’t get many better at this level than Murphy.  Some clubs in this division don’t even have 4 senior players who are wingers/wide forwards.

Not too many clubs use out and out wingers these days, but it’s a fair point. Defence wise, we have one of the best right backs in the division, currently playing on the opposite flank, and with Odubajo, and possibly, Iorfa, also able to play there, we well stocked at right back. Centre backs, again we have plenty of good options, five I believe, and some good pairings amongst them. Left back, where Palmer is doing a good job, is maybe where we can strengthen. We do have Fox who has improved this season, and also we have to be mindful to leave room for the returning Penney, who is impressing over in Germany. 

Midfield, I like our options, and unless we lose anyone from this department, I’m happy to stick.

Up front, again we have options, or more accurately, numbers. Our wide players, Harris, Reach, Forestieri and Murphy, are better than most, if not all, in the division. In the centre, Fletcher does a sterling job, but we also require pace and goals from this area. This for me, is the number one priority, come January

2 hours ago, steelerian said:

Defence is fine - look at our goals against column

Creativity - an upgrade on Bannan and or Reach and or Murphy

Goals Goal Goals - get you promoted

An upgrade on Bannan - someone will have to work some magic for that to happen :duntmatter:

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

If we only bring one player in, it has to be a new centre forward We need more firepower

There's an Italian striker Beretta doing some damage in serie b we could look at.