January transfer window

44 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I thought he was their best player too

First time I've ever seen him, didn't know his background, but I thought he stood out a mile for them

US international signed from Everton, him and fellow loanee James, were their best players last season

Eze from QPR as an attacking midfielder would be fun and probably a good long-term investment.

Would also have liked Nahki Wells to have come here in the summer, one of the best finishers at this level.

Jutkiewicz at Brum would be a decent target man to switch in and out for Fletcher.

I would like us to sign cultured midfielder to seat infront of our back 4, give tempo on purpose to our play making us beetter "passing" side.

In my opinion neither Hutch nor Joey can do this and would much preffer to use Bannan bit further up the pitch.

My scouting eye spotted League Two player who wouldn't cost much and in my opinion would be perfect for the role.

9 minutes ago, malek said:

I would like us to sign cultured midfielder to seat infront of our back 4, give tempo on purpose to our play making us beetter "passing" side.

In my opinion neither Hutch nor Joey can do this and would much preffer to use Bannan bit further up the pitch.

My scouting eye spotted League Two player who wouldn't cost much and in my opinion would be perfect for the role.

If Bannan is playing then I’m not sure you can really accommodate them both without losing presence in the middle 

• Like 1

Just now, Bluesteel said:

If Bannan is playing then I’m not sure you can really accommodate them both without losing presence in the middle 

If we are to play passing, posession based football, then we need creative presence infront of our back four, we need playmaker who would get on the ball between our midfield and attack, keep it under pressure and offer that "final pass". 3'rd central midfielder's role would idealy be to bet between the boxes, win ball back and support attack. Almost impossible playing "passing" football in 4-4-2 formation today as you are often outnumbered in midfield. Only my opinion, though.

Some great suggestions on here, especially like suggestions of Wickham or the big lump upfront for Brum to come in and take the strain off of Fletch. 

if Penney keeps playing as he is, I’d be tempted to bring him back. That gives us a natural left footed fullback and option of having two wingbacks in him and Moses with three at the back. 

I think the midfielders we have are more than capable and bringing anyone in may well make that area too crowded and result in people getting the hump not playing, lose form and sharpness. 

Our wide players are IMO the best in the league in Reach, Fessi, Harris and Murphy. I’d not be upset starting any two from them. 

14 hours ago, Brando17 said:

and Nuhui,if poss,Hooper back on a pay per play,should av got Duffy from Utd,and try for Elphick on loan

Why would we want Hooper back ?? He is a busted flush whose best days are gone. Less were opening a golf academy.:ph34r: What we are crying out for is a forward with real pace to play with Fletcher. Only problem being they are expensive. Hope were scowering lower leagues and maybe european b leagues for a jem like Bornner.

Edited by ZicoSterland2

16 hours ago, ozzieowl said:

Rid of Rhodes is a priority...

1. Not good enough 

2. Totally lost interest 

sell Winnall for 2m if poss. Not the answer for me, think league 1 player. 

Think we we need a quick striker and quick winger. Harris one side, quick winger other (Murphy not sure up to it as yet) 

Defence n Midfield ok for now. 

Who's going to pay 2 million for someone out of contract in the summer?