I can't see the point of signing back ups

We need to sign players better than what we have

Players that would walk into our team

Otherwise what's the point

We're paying wages to people who just sit on our bench

I'd already be onto Arsenal for that kid Leeds brought on against us, we need a goalscorer

• Agree 7

1 hour ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I can't see the point of signing back ups

We need to sign players better than what we have

Players that would walk into our team

Otherwise what's the point

We're paying wages to people who just sit on our bench

I'd already be onto Arsenal for that kid Leeds brought on against us, we need a goalscorer

At the risk of being an arse, why would you be in contact with Arsenal for a player that's going to be unavailable until next season?

We desperately need someone in the Deon Burton / Marcus Tudgay mould, a striker with a footballing brain who can link midfield and attack, and weigh in with a decent goal return 10-15 a season. That would comfortably see us in the play offs 

No idea what Hooper’s condition was like, but a player of his ilk would have be perfect. Wonder if Monk would have kept him for a year if he’d arrived as manager before the summer 

On 24/10/2019 at 11:11, deano said:

Hopefully we can arrange swap + cash deals involving Rhodes and Winnall, I'm sure plenty of championship clubs would want them, although wages would probably be an issue. 

In all honesty can't imagine anyone wanting them. 

• Agree 1

First we need to move out Rhodes, Winnall and Joey and send back Murphy although this will be difficult.

So we then need a mobile striker and another winger, we should be ok in defence

I think the only show in town for Rhodes would be Norwich and that may well depend on them still having a fighting chance of staying up. It was a mistake not to let him go in the summer. As for Winnall he'll probably still get an opportunity here before January and what he does will depend on whether he stays until the end of the season or not?

5 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

At the risk of being an arse, why would you be in contact with Arsenal for a player that's going to be unavailable until next season?

He's at Leeds to play games

He's not currently playing games

If you were Arsenal, would you be happy with that?

At start of the season I wanted us to bring in on loan Jayson Molumbay from Brighton. He instead went to Milwall and is doing great, and I would love us to check if we could sort out permanent deal to bring him here. He is not defensive, attacking, box to box... but complete central midfielder who does it all: creates, attacks and defends. To me he looks as someone that we could build around.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Mycroft said:

In all honesty can't imagine anyone wanting them. 

I think there will be takers for both Rhodes and Winnall but not if we demand transfer fees.

• Agree 1

I posted on the Nixon thread, if we are looking to sign two or three starters, who do we leave out? We all have ideas about other clubs players, so who will these new signings replace in the starting eleven

2 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

I think there will be takers for both Rhodes and Winnall but not if we demand transfer fees.

Transfer fees will not even be on the cards. No one will touch either of these 2 unless we take a big hair cut on the wages and DC has form for not playing that game. 

Just now, vulva said:

Transfer fees will not even be on the cards. No one will touch either of these 2 unless we take a big hair cut on the wages and DC has form for not playing that game. 

I think had we said to Norwich, you can have Rhodes on a free transfer or on loan for no loan fee, then he wouldn't be here right now.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

We desperately need someone in the Deon Burton / Marcus Tudgay mould, a striker with a footballing brain who can link midfield and attack, and weigh in with a decent goal return 10-15 a season. That would comfortably see us in the play offs 

No idea what Hooper’s condition was like, but a player of his ilk would have be perfect. Wonder if Monk would have kept him for a year if he’d arrived as manager before the summer 

Think if you look how long it took for Hooper to get fixed up, and where he’s gone ,  it probably speaks volumes for what condition he was in 

Nobody was falling over themselves to offer him the deal he was after 

• Agree 1

Who is going to take Rhodes? I can't think of any club that would want him, who could afford him.  A move abroad to the US or Australia is about the only thing I can think of and he's probably the type to not want to move. 

Jack Rodwell anyone? Would be an upgrade on Pelupessy

• Disagree 1

On 08/10/2019 at 04:10, sMacLean said:

Eze from QPR as an attacking midfielder would be fun and probably a good long-term investment.

Would also have liked Nahki Wells to have come here in the summer, one of the best finishers at this level.

Jutkiewicz at Brum would be a decent target man to switch in and out for Fletcher.

Eze would cost over 10 million 

On 27/10/2019 at 08:58, sMacLean said:

We need a long-term replacement for Bannan who is 30 soon. Rather spend £10m on Eze than end up buying several Almen Abdi types with no sell-on value. Easier said than done but still. I'd be delighted to get £3-4m for Reach.

Are you funding the 10 million? We will be in FFP trouble again if we do that. Brilliant player though. Heard he’s off to Tottenham 

A smorgasbord of fantasy signings, it’s gonna be loans, and I’m happy with that

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Eze would cost over 10 million 

Probably 20m in today's market. Good player but heading for premier league.

Kodja, Gayle or the old favourite Connor Wickham might be on the cards.

• Agree 1

Which Premier League youngster are available? - someone mentioned Chong earlier. 

7 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

Jack Rodwell anyone? Would be an upgrade on Pelupessy

He's a bit of a wee pipe by all accounts