January transfer window

5 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

At the risk of being an arse, why would you be in contact with Arsenal for a player that's going to be unavailable until next season?

He's at Leeds to play games

He's not currently playing games

If you were Arsenal, would you be happy with that?

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

At start of the season I wanted us to bring in on loan Jayson Molumbay from Brighton. He instead went to Milwall and is doing great, and I would love us to check if we could sort out permanent deal to bring him here. He is not defensive, attacking, box to box... but complete central midfielder who does it all: creates, attacks and defends. To me he looks as someone that we could build around.

2 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

I think there will be takers for both Rhodes and Winnall but not if we demand transfer fees.

Transfer fees will not even be on the cards. No one will touch either of these 2 unless we take a big hair cut on the wages and DC has form for not playing that game. 

Just now, vulva said:

Transfer fees will not even be on the cards. No one will touch either of these 2 unless we take a big hair cut on the wages and DC has form for not playing that game. 

I think had we said to Norwich, you can have Rhodes on a free transfer or on loan for no loan fee, then he wouldn't be here right now.

8 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

We desperately need someone in the Deon Burton / Marcus Tudgay mould, a striker with a footballing brain who can link midfield and attack, and weigh in with a decent goal return 10-15 a season. That would comfortably see us in the play offs 

No idea what Hooper’s condition was like, but a player of his ilk would have be perfect. Wonder if Monk would have kept him for a year if he’d arrived as manager before the summer 

Think if you look how long it took for Hooper to get fixed up, and where he’s gone ,  it probably speaks volumes for what condition he was in 

Nobody was falling over themselves to offer him the deal he was after 

Who is going to take Rhodes? I can't think of any club that would want him, who could afford him.  A move abroad to the US or Australia is about the only thing I can think of and he's probably the type to not want to move. 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
On 08/10/2019 at 04:10, sMacLean said:

Eze from QPR as an attacking midfielder would be fun and probably a good long-term investment.

Would also have liked Nahki Wells to have come here in the summer, one of the best finishers at this level.

Jutkiewicz at Brum would be a decent target man to switch in and out for Fletcher.

Eze would cost over 10 million 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
On 27/10/2019 at 08:58, sMacLean said:

We need a long-term replacement for Bannan who is 30 soon. Rather spend £10m on Eze than end up buying several Almen Abdi types with no sell-on value. Easier said than done but still. I'd be delighted to get £3-4m for Reach.

Are you funding the 10 million? We will be in FFP trouble again if we do that. Brilliant player though. Heard he’s off to Tottenham 

On 27/10/2019 at 19:22, gurujuan said:

I posted on the Nixon thread, if we are looking to sign two or three starters, who do we leave out? We all have ideas about other clubs players, so who will these new signings replace in the starting eleven

It is two or three who are genuine competitors for a place in the team. We have no real competition for Fletcher or Hutchinson. I also think a wide right player with pace would also be interesting as Murphy not lived up to expectations at this point.

Luke Garbutt from Everton into the last year of his contract, he has had a very decent loan to Ipswich this season and so much experience for a player in his mid 20's would add to quality and depth to the left full back area.

Agree with the post above in Maddison but Peterboro will ask for silly money.

Jarod Bowen has not signed a new deal at Hull and is out of contract in he summer but would cost being under 24, But would play well on the right side of a front 3 like we currently play, Jackson Irvine another good championship quality central midfielder a free in the summer. Up front I would be looking for either a good young improving player such as Ivan Toney at Peterboro but again would cost a few quid or go down the route of a proven Championship performer such as Gayle at Newcastle but any player has to fit into the current team's way of playing.

I also think we need to decide by January who from the contracts ending in June 2020 we want to keep and who we look to either sell on or get rid of on loan so we don't loss them for nothing in the summer and if we cannot find a buyer we get their wages of the club costs with maybe a loan fee.

Fletcher, Forestieri, Hutchinson, Pelupessy, Winnall, Fox, Lee, Nuihu, Dawson, Baker, Murphy (Loan), Bates (Loan)

• Thanks 2