January transfer window

If we are still top 6 come January I really hope DC does all he can to back Monk and allow him to bring in 1 or 2 players. A striker has to be the priority, aside from Fletcher I don’t see our other strikers chipping In with enough goals. Can never have enough pace in the team so maybe someone to replace Murphy also. 

It’s a shame there doesn’t appear to be the next Callum Wilson or Andre Gray type striker in the lower leagues we could remortgage the house and take a punt on in January.  Maybe a cash + Winnall deal for someone like Ivan Toney but not sure how good he is? 

14 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

It’s a shame there doesn’t appear to be the next Callum Wilson or Andre Gray type striker in the lower leagues we could remortgage the house and take a punt on in January.  Maybe a cash + Winnall deal for someone like Ivan Toney but not sure how good he is? 

It would be nice, but I feel we can do it with loans. If we want to take a punt on a striker, maybe we can find one in somewhere like the Bundesliga 2 

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

It would be nice, but I feel we can do it with loans. If we want to take a punt on a striker, maybe we can find one in somewhere like the Bundesliga 2 

Michael Frey would be awesome, but he's on a season loan in Bundes 2. 

Guest wilyfox
5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

There was also that tall African guy from Bochum, who somebody mentioned on here

Ganvoula? Would probably struggle to get him a work permit over here. 

10 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

There was also that tall African guy from Bochum, who somebody mentioned on here

Haven't seen the post, but at a guess Ganvoula? Bloke won me two small bets this month when I backed him to score... really randomly I caught a Bochum game about a month back and he was very very good. Might be Joao mk2, but he looked exactly the kind of player that would revel in this league. Depending on age, surely worth a punt?

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

Haven't seen the post, but at a guess Ganvoula? Bloke won me two small bets this month when I backed him to score... really randomly I caught a Bochum game about a month back and he was very very good. Might be Joao mk2, but he looked exactly the kind of player that would revel in this league. Depending on age, surely worth a punt?

A Joao Mark 2 could earn us 7m

Guest wilyfox
12 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

True, I guess it depends how long he’s been in Germany

Only joined them permanently in July, after a season loan. Hasn't played enough for Congo to qualify. Looks a player though. He's having an awesome season in a crap team. 

I can't see the point of signing back ups

We need to sign players better than what we have

Players that would walk into our team

Otherwise what's the point

We're paying wages to people who just sit on our bench

I'd already be onto Arsenal for that kid Leeds brought on against us, we need a goalscorer

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

1 hour ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I can't see the point of signing back ups

We need to sign players better than what we have

Players that would walk into our team

Otherwise what's the point

We're paying wages to people who just sit on our bench

I'd already be onto Arsenal for that kid Leeds brought on against us, we need a goalscorer

At the risk of being an arse, why would you be in contact with Arsenal for a player that's going to be unavailable until next season?

We desperately need someone in the Deon Burton / Marcus Tudgay mould, a striker with a footballing brain who can link midfield and attack, and weigh in with a decent goal return 10-15 a season. That would comfortably see us in the play offs 

No idea what Hooper’s condition was like, but a player of his ilk would have be perfect. Wonder if Monk would have kept him for a year if he’d arrived as manager before the summer 

I think the only show in town for Rhodes would be Norwich and that may well depend on them still having a fighting chance of staying up. It was a mistake not to let him go in the summer. As for Winnall he'll probably still get an opportunity here before January and what he does will depend on whether he stays until the end of the season or not?