Forestieri could make all the difference

27 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Be careful talking sense like this.

We get him fit and firing and we build a team around him simple as that we have Harris as our only attacking/creative threat... unless we play bannan further forward.

Even in 2015/16, talk of building a team around FF was ridiculous. To be still talking about it in late 2019 is just bizarre.

23 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Even in 2015/16, talk of building a team around FF was ridiculous. To be still talking about it in late 2019 is just bizarre.

I’m kinda not sure anyone is saying build the team around him What I was saying was, he has an ability to cause problems for our opponents, that nobody else in the squad can. He can play between the lines, and this so important in the modern game 

Edited by gurujuan

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

I’m kinda not sure anyone is saying build the team around him What I was saying was, he has an ability to cause problems for our opponents, that nobody else in the squad can. He can play between the lines, and this so important in the modern game 

If you read the post I was replying to, you will see somebody was. 

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

That’s right. Do you think we should have built a team around him? Or anyone?

So now you have inserted an ‘ or anyone’ .

Perhaps you should have put that in your first post instead of having a go at just FF.

10 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

So now you have inserted an ‘ or anyone’ .

Perhaps you should have put that in your first post instead of having a go at just FF.

Ive probably mentioned how I hate “build a team around.....” in 50 different posts. 

But I stand by my reply to a poster saying we should specifically build a team around FF this season. It’s plain crackers.

6 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Foook sake, I had lost hope with FF but seeing all the training and buzz around him this week I’ve been lured back into thinking he’ll be our saviour lol smh 

You have to realise some of us are way older than you.

S M H ...... had to google it. I’m assuming it’s shaking my head, not the first thing it brought up - Sydney Morning Herald.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Westwood 

Iorfa        Lees.        Borner         Palmer

Harris    Luongo.      hutch         bannan 

Nando        Fletcher. 

This would work but the issue here is Palmer. When Bannan plays left he needs a quality left back behind him as he tends to drift in leaving him exposed. While Palmer is now Capable of the defensive side of this, hes not gonna be good enough going forward.

I agree bud, which Is why I think monk will bring in an experienced leftback either permanent (funds permitting) or on loan in January. It was the only real disappointment with our summer transfer business which otherwise was probably the best we've done in the last few years as far as value. 

3 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

I agree bud, which Is why I think monk will bring in an experienced leftback either permanent (funds permitting) or on loan in January. It was the only real disappointment with our summer transfer business which otherwise was probably the best we've done in the last few years as far as value. 

Even though there probably haven't been many better left backs in the entire league this season than Palmer I would imagine.

We need to focus on what Palmer has done well for us, rather than focusing on all the things we think he cant do and insisting that every manger that sees him play must want to replace him.

1 hour ago, zzmdu said:

Some posters clearly desperate for FF to fail in his come back. 

The top scorer in both our top 6 finishes.

Weird.

I’ll bite.

No one wants him to fail, some are just realistic and have drawn facts from the last few seasons, but you already knew that didn’t you. 

1 hour ago, zzmdu said:

Some posters clearly desperate for FF to fail in his come back

The top scorer in both our top 6 finishes.

Weird.

That's the key words I reckon 

Come back from what ?

From  undeniably grossly underachieving ,

whilst being paid a fantastically sum of money to do so ...

Nothing weird about my thoughts 

The SWFC Gravy Train is on its final stop before it reaches the Terminus ..

23 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

That's the key words I reckon 

Come back from what ?

From  undeniably grossly underachieving ,

whilst being paid a fantastically sum of money to do so ...

Nothing weird about my thoughts 

The SWFC Gravy Train is on its final stop before it reaches the Terminus ..

I recon he meant his come back from suspension.

lol

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Blimey !!!!

Let's get the bunting out and organise a twenty one gun salute ready in the Grange corner tomorrow night ...

That's assuming he gets picked ?

Best keep the guns uncocked til then .....

lol

Yep Forestieri has been missing for 6 matches so that makes him the best player in the league. 

lol

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

I’ll bite.

No one wants him to fail, some are just realistic and have drawn facts from the last few seasons, but you already knew that didn’t you. 

FF is the only player we have who COULD turn us into play off contenders. Top scorer in both PO seasons. Top performer in 1516, top 3 in 1617.

Signs aren't good, for him doing this again. But again some weirdos, on here appear desperate for him to fail. And feel the need to tell us AGAIN & AGAIN that he will.