Forestieri could make all the difference

I certainly wouldn’t be writing off the chances of FF having a major impact on our season just yet. In many ways this could be a drag start for him

- Mansfield issues behind him (albeit with a slur on his name)

- No fitness issues I’m aware of

- new manager who will know very well what he’s capable of 

- a formation that’s tailor made for him (when we play 4-3-3 that is)

The potential for him to still be a major influence is definitely there if he can strike up a good relationship with GM and get a run of games 

18 minutes ago, paulrs said:

I certainly wouldn’t be writing off the chances of FF having a major impact on our season just yet. In many ways this could be a drag start for him

- Mansfield issues behind him (albeit with a slur on his name)

- No fitness issues I’m aware of

- new manager who will know very well what he’s capable of 

- a formation that’s tailor made for him (when we play 4-3-3 that is)

The potential for him to still be a major influence is definitely there if he can strike up a good relationship with GM and get a run of games 

Yep I would agree with all of that.

The new manager and the 433 especially.

We are in a good place with him. First, he has to show in training and in sub appearances that he deserves a start over either a Harris or Reach. Then, he knows there are two excellent players (not discounting Murphy) busting a gut to get the shirt back.

Happy days.

11 hours ago, We are all Wednesday said:

Fletcher rocked his boat end of. Will never get back to his best while Fletcher is playing alpha male. FF has potential to make much more of an impact but won’t while Fletcher is the talisman up top.

What do you think happened to him at Watford... Needs to be No. 1 and when he is he’s unbelievable...

Yes, true.

These Latin players are prima donnas and are susceptible to flattery.

It's all about soft-soaping.

Danny Boy called the Italians fancy Dans.

'Arry put Di Canio's picture on the boardroom wall, alongside that of Bobby Moore...

Would work and be a very flexible system playing Nando wide left of the three up top with Harris on the right and fletcher cf. 

Westwood 

Iorfa           Lees.       Borner.      Palmer.

Hutch 

Luongo              bannan. 

Harris.                                          Nando 

Fletcher. 

This would also mean we could drop to a  4-4-1-1. 

Westwood 

Iorfa        Lees.        Borner         Palmer. 

Harris    Luongo.      hutch         bannan 

Nando (as a no 10)

Fletcher. 

This also could go orthodox 4-4-2 with Nando playing up top with Fletcher. 

Personally I'd rather see him and Harris playing as the two wide men but allowed to swap wings and roam, as there's more space out wide to exploit then drive into the box. 

Good example was rashfords opening goal from the leftwing against Bulgaria. 

He may not have that pace, but he's perfectly capable of coming inside and curling one far post past the keeper. 

On 16/10/2019 at 02:38, shezzas left peg said:

Would work and be a very flexible system playing Nando wide left of the three up top with Harris on the right and fletcher cf. 

Westwood 

Hutch 

Fletcher. 

Westwood 

Nando (as a no 10)

Fletcher. 

Personally I'd rather see him and Harris playing as the two wide men but allowed to swap wings and roam, as there's more space out wide to exploit then drive into the box. 

He may not have that pace, but he's perfectly capable of coming inside and curling one far post past the keeper. 

Nando as a 10 has never worked, he's better coming onto play on wing. 

Harris has proven he can get to byline on left and get quality early ball in and we look a different proposition due to that. 

Reach blows cold, cold, warm, hot, cold, warm, moist. I'd play FF on right of a 3 and tell him to get crosses in. 

Also, if Harris gets down left and plays one into back post you'll have FF screaming in for a far post volley or header. 

I would hesitate to drop Reach for Cardiff away as think we may need his work rate and they'll double up on him cutting inside, leaving space for others. 

However Nando will have a big part to play and I'd feel a lot more comfortable with him coming off bench than Murphy who is exactly as West Brom Owl described - lightweight and dispassionate. 

5 hours ago, DuttyTeabags said:

Harris has proven he can get to byline on left and get quality early ball in and we look a different proposition due to that. 

Reach blows cold, cold, warm, hot, cold, warm, moist. I'd play FF on right of a 3 and tell him to get crosses in. 

Also, if Harris gets down left and plays one into back post you'll have FF screaming in for a far post volley or header. 

I would hesitate to drop Reach for Cardiff away as think we may need his work rate and they'll double up on him cutting inside, leaving space for others. 

However Nando will have a big part to play and I'd feel a lot more comfortable with him coming off bench than Murphy who is exactly as West Brom Owl described - lightweight and dispassionate. 

Great post. Couldn’t agree more.

If injury and form allow FF, Harris and Reach to play 90% of our remaining season as our two wide players, with Murphy as back-up, it will go a long way to making us a highly formidable team.

I desperately hope Monk agrees with your and my opinion of FF as a central striker/No 10.

Guest Bulgaria
7 hours ago, DuttyTeabags said:

Murphy who is exactly as West Brom Owl described - lightweight and dispassionate. 

And that's being kind.

Edited by Bulgaria

If it works FF Harris and fletcher would be frightening as a front three 

my guess is though both Fessi and Harris are better suited on the left but if one  can play equally as good on the right then that would surely cause defences all kind of problems we’ve seen teams double up on both Fessi and Harris to try and stop their threat so it goes with out saying one will have the space 

if we can get that late runner into the box luongo or lee and have bannan switching play we could be pretty lethal breaking forward 

great problems to have 

especially with reach and Murphy in the squad 

9 hours ago, DuttyTeabags said:

I mentioned him and Harris playing wide, but being able to interchange bud. 

I was just looking at ways we could pick a starting 11 that could easily modify the system during a game if things arnt working, as I think it's something monk likes to do. 

10 hours ago, DuttyTeabags said:

To be fair, we haven’t seen much of Fernando as a proper 10, as that role belonged to Hooper. I’m not adverse to him playing wide in a front three, but definitely not as a winger, where his skills are wasted. Not sure that Fletcher is the right type of player to work with Forestieri. Fernando is not a player who thrives on knock downs and flick ons. 

The best example of a front three interacting as an attacking unit, for us, was when we used Forestieri, Nuhiu and Joao

On ‎07‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 12:53, gurujuan said:

He is the only player we have who can play between the lines Without him, or someone like him, our attacking options are very basic Yes there are a few reservations about how he might fit into our current set up, but we’d have similar problems with any skilful ball player If we want to be successful, at some point we have to incorporate players who are comfortable on the ball

Be careful talking sense like this.

We get him fit and firing and we build a team around him simple as that we have Harris as our only attacking/creative threat... unless we play bannan further forward.

2 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Be careful talking sense like this.

We get him fit and firing and we build a team around him simple as that we have Harris as our only attacking/creative threat... unless we play bannan further forward.

I think the days of building a team around Nando are long gone. 

On ‎15‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 19:38, shezzas left peg said:

Westwood 

Hutch 

Fletcher. 

Westwood 

Nando (as a no 10)

Fletcher. 

Westwood 

Iorfa        Lees.        Borner         Palmer

Nando        Fletcher. 

This would work but the issue here is Palmer. When Bannan plays left he needs a quality left back behind him as he tends to drift in leaving him exposed. While Palmer is now Capable of the defensive side of this, hes not gonna be good enough going forward.