Forestieri could make all the difference

3 hours ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Ok lets keep the lie going...

5 goals in 10 games at end of 17/18 season after a long injury.

Last season was start stop with injuries and suspension. But still made a contribution when playing.

But yeah done nowt since 2008 or something.

Lets get Lee Peacock back ffs.

He is of f00k all use to us when injured or suspended though.

If he missed 5-10 games a season and performed for the other 30 we would all take it but that has not been the reality. 

FF is talented but temperamental.

Cant build a promotion side around a player that isn’t playing can you?  

Guest Grez Bez

Can't wait not have him back

Players with a little magic don't come too often so enjoy them.when they do.

I think alot of Wednesday fans prefer workrate than ability unfortunately.

21 minutes ago, LSOwls said:

You might want to read that first sentence again.

Or you might not.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, LSOwls said:

Magics fine...but when its sat in the South doing card tricks , its bloody useless to us

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I do love a flair player and have really enjoyed watching Forestieri in the past. That said, I can’t see where he fits into a starting 11 any more.  He’s not an out-and-out striker for sure, and not a number 10 either in my view, so maybe worth seeing if he still has it out wide.

That said, even though Reach has been struggling for form (and assuming Harris keeps his place), I think Reach offers more to the team overall.  On the odd occasion Forestieri has played in recent months, he seems more selfish that I remember him at his peak and hardly ever makes the simple pass.  

Maybe it’s just time to move on.

7 hours ago, Craig enock said:

We can now all agree that defensively we are a solid unit .. I think IF monk can get fessi playing anywhere near his best we could be a real threat .... we haven't got much creativity, forestieri could unlock tight games ... I remember monk playing jota behind a big no9 at brum and it seemed to work ... who knows ,what you lot think

FF as a supporting striker. Definitely the way ahead...

It’s not gone well for FF over the last 2/3 years, some of his own making but a lot which he has been unlucky.

Lets see what Monk can get out of him. Defensive shape is good, we look solid and if we can get FF firing, he could be the difference for us this season. Can’t wait to get him back in the 18.

49 minutes ago, LSOwls said:

I’ve got a preference for players that actually play. 

1 hour ago, vulva said:

If I were FF I’d be tempted to stay injured or suspended, because at this rate on here, the more time he has out, the better his chance of the Balon D’or. FF is the best example yet of a player who gets better, when he doesn’t play. 

From memory, Siggi Johnson and Mark Chamberlain run him close. 

6 goals last season, 5 in 10 appearances the season before and among our top scorers and most creative outlets in the previous 2 seasons to that.

He hasn't played nearly enough but his ability is not a myth. He is a much better option to have than the likes of Winnall and Rhodes have offered, even in the past two seasons.

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

They've got nothing on Paul Heffernan.

Without doubt the number one in regards to being a myth of a player.

25 minutes ago, LSOwls said:

For me it’s not a question of ability, or work-rate or flair. It’s purely down to how the team works.

For whatever reason, over the past few seasons it absolutely hasn’t worked for the team with FF starting. Our record is dire - chalk and cheese. 

But, a new manager brings new ideas and hopefully might find a way to use him effectively. 

4 hours ago, the mighty wednesday said:

I think there is also a good chance that the court case hanging over him from from July until the end of March also had a big impact.

Bingo!

Engaged, fit and motivated to play at his best he is a real game changer and definitely our best option up top alongside Fletch if Monk can get him going....

Hopefully he appreciates what a privileged position he is in after a couple of seasons of turmoil and gets his head down and concentrates on his profession.

Not could make the difference, he WILL be the difference if we make anything better than top 4.

Like most of our golden era CC squad he’s really struggled since Carlos left. Fessi suited his system perfectly, lots of pass and move football, almost a free role behind the striker, could drop wide and deep for the ball, little defensive responsibly etc etc..plus the biggest factor of all Carlos adored Fessi. Often in the football the little magicians are usually always the biggest divas’...Carlos man management brought the best out of him as he did to many others too. I will say as well, whenever I see him play he never ever looks not interested...he ALWAYS and sometimes to the detriment of the team is trying to be involved in everything and take every half chance he gets to get us ahead.

Since then, he’s struggled with various injuries (a serious knee injury mind), played under a dreadful attacking coach and of course this latest drama he’s been banned for. None of that has helped him find the consistency or form he has 2 seasons ago, circumstances almost out of his control. However, Monk has brought much needed stability and as noted before his system is BEGGING for another striker to play with Fletcher. We’re desperate for another outlet to buzz around the big man.

Importantly as well, I doubt we have the funds to bring in another decent striker in Jan anyway...and I have no faith in Rhodes/Nuhiu or Winnall as a starting option UNLESS it’s a one off tailor made opportunity like Nuhiu vs Boro. But for the bulk of the remaining season we need somebody to give us that spark, that little bit extra to get us over the line. Harris is great but he’s starting to get doubled more and more, Fletcher is probably good for another 7/8 more goals, Reach blowing too hot and cold this year...who else is realistically going to step up? Who else can step up but Fessi? 

Talent never been in question.

Appears to be injury free.

Solid unit behind him.

Loves the club. 

All the foundations are there for Monk to get the best out of him, come on gaffer give us the return of our little magician!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LSOwls said:

You can have all the ability in the world to be the best player, but if you're a lazy fcuker who doesn't care, then what good is it?

Guest Grez Bez
3 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

You can have all the ability in the world to be the best player, but if you're a lazy fcuker who doesn't care, then what good is it?

He's not lazy though