Forestieri could make all the difference

57 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

His last chance.

Done nothing in years, and his value has plummeted.

If he fails to perform for yet another Manager, it's clear where the issue is.

Ok lets keep the lie going...

5 goals in 10 games at end of 17/18 season after a long injury.

Last season was start stop with injuries and suspension. But still made a contribution when playing.

But yeah done nowt since 2008 or something.

Lets get Lee Peacock back ffs.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

There's a golden opportunity for Forestieri.

Neither Reach or Murphy seem capable of stringing any sort of form together. Both are blowing hot and cold...for the most part, cold. 

Either in a 4-4-2 or a 4-3-3, the opportunity is there for Forestieri to come in and really make impact.

I look at the shape we played on Saturday, and think Forestieri having the licence to roam coming off the right (or left) flank, gives us a lot more balance than the very monotonous, regimented role Reach plays in that position. 

Although he's not been as good as he was in 15/16, some of that imo is due to the way we've played. Particularly under Jos. Plus he had a long injury lay off. 

I can't wait to see him back. 

Needs get his head down though, no more dramas

49 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Ok lets keep the lie going...

5 goals in 10 games at end of 17/18 season after a long injury.

Last season was start stop with injuries and suspension. But still made a contribution when playing.

But yeah done nowt since 2008 or something.

Lets get Lee Peacock back ffs.

I think there is also a good chance that the court case hanging over him from from July until the end of March also had a big impact.

• Thanks 1

I think on saturday it was crying out for a creative number 10 sat behind Fletcher and in front of the midfield. Fessi might be perfect for that. Last chance saloon to get Fessi firing though as i think if he doesn't this season he will go elsewhere at the end of his contract. He might need a fresh start if continues to not play and stagnate here for the rest of this season. Lets hope Monk is the man to unlock his potential, but really it's down to 1 man. Fessi. He needs to comeback and train his butt off and demand a place in the team. He needs to use EFL anger to proof everyone wrong and comeback on fire. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

That can be remedied...Its his mindset thats always been the question.............

Totally agree 

A little worrying though  that he is still not 100%

Edited by hugeowl
I am a nob

3 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Waiting on @vulva’s thoughts on this 

If I were FF I’d be tempted to stay injured or suspended, because at this rate on here, the more time he has out, the better his chance of the Balon D’or. FF is the best example yet of a player who gets better, when he doesn’t play. 

From memory, Siggi Johnson and Mark Chamberlain run him close. 

• Haha 1

Nowt against Forestieri, but I'm heartily sick of the "Wait and see" stuff...Its not just this time...We have had it before, ...

The number of players we have had...just waiting for ..

"the right service"

"The right circumstance"

"The fookin' planets to be in alignment"

etc etc etc

The clubs ticking over, the odd hiccup, but we are in the mix, Forestieri will either turn up and do what we know he can...or he won't....Its no longer the "problem" it used to be.

The no show at Norwich was rumoured to be wages..Was it Fletchers?

If so...Fletcher has proved he is worth more than Fernando is...hasn't he?

We waited for Hooper...We waited and still wait for Rhodes to fire...

Some of the poor buggers that turn up week in , week out get slated to high heaven

"Not good enough"

Maybe they aren't...but at least they are available...Hardly a bloody accolade...but its true!

So come on Fernando....We know you have the talent....Lets see it!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, vulva said:

If I were FF I’d be tempted to stay injured or suspended, because at this rate on here, the more time he has out, the better his chance of the Balon D’or. FF is the best example yet of a player who gets better, when he doesn’t play. 

From memory, Siggi Johnson and Mark Chamberlain run him close. 

They've got nothing on Paul Heffernan.

I think Hutch was talking about match fitness which obviously he won’t have.

He had a long period injured and a long period where his head hasn’t been right. Monk knows this and will be working on him.

As the Norwich goal showed there can be no argument about his ability. 

Can he get back to a consistent level in order to secure himself a regular starting place I am not so sure.

Guest The Horse
4 hours ago, gurujuan said:

He is the only player we have who can play between the lines Without him, or someone like him, our attacking options are very basic Yes there are a few reservations about how he might fit into our current set up, but we’d have similar problems with any skilful ball player If we want to be successful, at some point we have to incorporate players who are comfortable on the ball

Yep.

We missed him / Hooper doing that on Sat.

6 hours ago, CadTheOwl said:

I don't think he fits in our system long term, however I would happily place him in front of Reach and Murphy for the opposing winger slot on current form. Really don't rate Murphy and think Reach needs a break.

ive seen flashes from murphy so lets not give up on him yet , but he clearly has talent ,you don't score a goal like he did at the Etihad and not have talent,he is too inconsistent that's why he is playing for us and not a regular in premier league .