Forestieri could make all the difference

2 hours ago, Craig enock said:

We can now all agree that defensively we are a solid unit .. I think IF monk can get fessi playing anywhere near his best we could be a real threat .... we haven't got much creativity, forestieri could unlock tight games ... I remember monk playing jota behind a big no9 at brum and it seemed to work ... who knows ,what you lot think

As long as it's behind Fletch or Nuhiu I reckon we're good, if he tries that nonsensical FF on the shoulder of the last man nonsense that Carlos kept trying it'll never work

42 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

He is the only player we have who can play between the lines Without him, or someone like him, our attacking options are very basic Yes there are a few reservations about how he might fit into our current set up, but we’d have similar problems with any skilful ball player If we want to be successful, at some point we have to incorporate players who are comfortable on the ball

Luongo was terrific in between the lines on Sat. 

50 minutes ago, Woodie said:

How many more games is he banned?

It increases by one every time someone dares to ask.

But he should be available for selection again after the international break if my count is correct (he hasn't featured since before the Huddersfield match and the Wigan match made it 5 games). So October 18th vs Cardiff after the break.

3 minutes ago, N0rtherner said:

It increases by one every time someone dares to ask.

But he should be available for selection again after the international break if my count is correct (he hasn't featured since before the Huddersfield match and the Wigan match made it 5 games). So October 18th vs Cardiff after the break.

He was banned for 6 games, he has sat out 6 games (including Everton), he is available v Cardiff.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

He’s been just about banned ever since!

mind, that was a good hungry all round team performance against Naarch. If we played like that most weeks we’d be genuine contenders. 

We certainly would, but i wouldn’t bank on FF being part of it, as he’ll most likely be pulling a strop/out of form, suspended or injured. 

Edited by FreshOwl