Forestieri could make all the difference

1 minute ago, zzmdu said:

FF is the only player we have who COULD turn us into play off contenders. Top scorer in both PO seasons. Top performer in 1516, top 3 in 1617.

Signs aren't good, for him doing this again. But again some weirdos, on here appear desperate for him to fail. And feel the need to tell us AGAIN & AGAIN that he will.

What on Earth are you on about?

Which posts want FF to fail?

The following is a post by @domSWFC from the Cardiff thread. For me it sums up perfectly my position and Im pretty sure the position of most fans.

I've heard Monk talk about Forestieri a few times, he says the right things but never sounds enthusiastic about his return. I can't decide whether it's GM not wanting to make it appear we're reliant on Forestieri, or if he has reservations in regards to him. 

Whatever it is, hopefully the team are putting in performances to keep Forestieri out, or he steps up and shows his capabilities that make him impossible to leave out.

32 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

FF is the only player we have who COULD turn us into play off contenders. Top scorer in both PO seasons. Top performer in 1516, top 3 in 1617.

Signs aren't good, for him doing this again. But again some weirdos, on here appear desperate for him to fail. And feel the need to tell us AGAIN & AGAIN that he will.

Mate, what on earth are you on about? 

Just because someone doesn’t think he’ll fire us to promotion, doesn’t mean they want him to fail :laugh: I’ve never understood that logic on here, that we wouldn’t want any player to succeed to make this club better, it’s an absolutely mind boggling theory 

I say all the time I’ve got no chance of winning the lottery, so that means I don’t want to win it? 

He hasn't performed with anything resembling consistency for 3 years.

He's on huge wages, largely utilised sitting at home. Hooper who has spent all year scrabbling to find another club in Azerbaijan, after we finally saw sense, was similar.

We all want them to succeed and to start earning the big bucks, but ultimately they have to turn out on a Saturday and add value.

21 hours ago, gurujuan said:

To be fair, we haven’t seen much of Fernando as a proper 10, as that role belonged to Hooper. I’m not adverse to him playing wide in a front three, but definitely not as a winger, where his skills are wasted. Not sure that Fletcher is the right type of player to work with Forestieri. Fernando is not a player who thrives on knock downs and flick ons. 

The best example of a front three interacting as an attacking unit, for us, was when we used Forestieri, Nuhiu and Joao

Haha, when Hooper was injured FF played there whenever he was available, of the 82 appearances (27 as sub), please name the matches where FF has started as a winger.  I can tell you, the only matches he has played as winger were 10 during Carlos first season.  Which means he has played 72 or 83% of his games in the deep lying striker role.

We've had plenty of look at him in that role, losses in PO final, losses away at Preston.  He and Hooper were arguably worse as a pair than FF/ Fletcher as Hoops was a natural 10 but to say he's not had much of a run in that role is pushing it!

15 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

I agree bud, which Is why I think monk will bring in an experienced leftback either permanent (funds permitting) or on loan in January. It was the only real disappointment with our summer transfer business which otherwise was probably the best we've done in the last few years as far as value. 

Agree, although I am hoping firstly that Palmer playing well does not mask the problem, secondly that Penney gets a chance not just because he has come from our academy and this just doesn't happen with us, but also he does look as tho he has the qualities to be a good left back, and finally he can see that a strong attacking left back would enhance us.

19 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Westwood 

Iorfa        Lees.        Borner         Palmer

Harris    Luongo.      hutch         bannan 

Nando        Fletcher. 

This would work but the issue here is Palmer. When Bannan plays left he needs a quality left back behind him as he tends to drift in leaving him exposed. While Palmer is now Capable of the defensive side of this, hes not gonna be good enough going forward.

Although if Bannan does drift inside, Forestieri will probably go wide, as Luongo joins Fletcher, in that system. Personally, I don’t think we’ll revert to 4-4-2, but if we did, and we bring in another left back, then Palmer switches to the right. Harris really needs a solid full back behind him, plus it’s unlikely that any full back would be overlapping him anyway

5 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Mate, what on earth are you on about? 

Just because someone doesn’t think he’ll fire us to promotion, doesn’t mean they want him to fail :laugh: I’ve never understood that logic on here, that we wouldn’t want any player to succeed to make this club better, it’s an absolutely mind boggling theory 

I say all the time I’ve got no chance of winning the lottery, so that means I don’t want to win it? 

Very few of us think that FF is likely to come back in a blaze of glory, and get us promoted. Unfortunately, attitude and injury have sent him on a downward spiral, which is unlikely to be reversed, but not impossible.

However FFS, there is one poster who EVERY TIME , ANYTHING  remotely positive is mentioned about FF, regurgitates the same repetitive  negatiove drivel AGAIN & AGAIN & AGAIN.

I just wish he'd give it a fecking rest. If people are positive about FFs return, they don't need to be hammered by the same $h1te everytime. It'll either work out or it won't.

1 hour ago, owlZfan84 said:

Wouldn't surprise me if Atty starts up front with Fletch tonight.

We all know what you get with Cardiff.

Get the likes of FF/Murphy off the bench in the last 20 to really stretch them.

Think we did that with Boro as they were there to be got at in that way. Be surprised if it is not an identical formation to the one against Wigan.

We will pack the midfield I think.

Don't believe getting FF firing on all cylinders is make or break for us getting into the playoffs? We're doing alright without him and the league is that close and tight this year I do believe we can be a top 6 side without him. But don't get me wrong, a fit FF gives us an even better shot at it. Either wide position in a 4-3-3 or behind Fletcher in a 4-4-1-1 with Harris and Murphy/Reach on the wings

10 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Think we did that with Boro as they were there to be got at in that way. Be surprised if it is not an identical formation to the one against Wigan.

We will pack the midfield I think.

Westwood

Iorfa         Borner

Odubajo                                  Fox

Hutch

Luongo        Bannan

Reach                                 Harris

Fletcher

Think he'll rest Palmer. Hutch in for Joey and although I'd prefer Lee, GM will stick with Bannan.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, spike1867 said:

Westwood

Iorfa         Borner

Odubajo                                  Fox

Hutch

Luongo        Bannan

Reach                                 Harris

Fletcher

Think he'll rest Palmer. Hutch in for Joey and although I'd prefer Lee, GM will stick with Bannan.

Wouldnt surprise me if it was the Wigan lineup.

I despair when I see a post like the one from Mycroft on here:

"Monk has sorted out the defence by playing more rigidly he needs to getting the attack playing more freely now and bloody entertain us!!"

Many of us recall how it went right down to the wire between us and Aldershot to go down into Division 4 (now called League 2).

I wonder if Mycroft was there at the time and if not does he know what league Aldershot are playing in now?

Just now, Owls Loyal said:

I despair when I see a post like the one from Mycroft on here:

"Monk has sorted out the defence by playing more rigidly he needs to getting the attack playing more freely now and bloody entertain us!!"

Many of us recall how it went right down to the wire between us and Aldershot to go down into Division 4 (now called League 2).

I wonder if Mycroft was there at the time and if not does he know what league Aldershot are playing in now?

I saw us put eight past Aldershot