Rita Nettleship

Saddened to hear of her passing, and Owls_about_that     my sincerely condolences to you and your family.

Having been brought up on Vere Rd through the 60's 70's and 80's, and having been involved with the club in many ways, there was obviously much contact with Rita.

I'm over to my parents today, ( both also not good ) so I shall let them know. if Mum hasn't already heard.

And totally agree with a minutes applause !!! Absolute servant to the club and fans !!!!

• Like 1

RIP Rita much loved by all us 60's lads and lasses. Condolences to all friends and family. For a 1/- a year Rita loved and bullied us all into better behaviour, I can't recall how cheap the coach trips were to away games but they never skinned us. Thanks for the memories Rita and thanks for all the effort. Fondly remembered.

• Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

RIP Rita much loved by all us 60's lads and lasses. Condolences to all friends and family. For a 1/- a year Rita loved and bullied us all into better behaviour, I can't recall how cheap the coach trips were to away games but they never skinned us. Thanks for the memories Rita and thanks for all the effort. Fondly remembered.

Could not have put it better, lots of great memories. R.I.P. Rita

image.jpeg

My condolences to Rita’s family and friends. I remember Rita well from the 80’s when  I was involved with the Supporters’ Club organising coaches to away games for one of the branches. Rita was a stalwart of the Supporters’s Cub. A no nonsense lady with a big heart. Rita was one of those true Owls who loved the club and made sure the voice of the Supporters was heard during some of the darkest days of the club. I hope that someone reading these posts will contact the club and ask for a minute’s applause at the next home game in Rita’s memory. She deserves no less. RIP Rita.

• Like 1

Spoke to her every home game whilst buying my programme and she was always pleasant with a smile on her face.

When she was missing I think it was mid September I enquired and was told she was in a home being cared for and there wasn’t much they could do which was a real shock as she seemed fine only a few weeks previous.

R.I.P Rita and thoughts are with her family and friends at this sad time.

I don’t normally agree with minute applause as they seemed to be occurring every week home and away but Rita was a servant to the club for most of her life and so deserves recognition.