Joey Pelupessy

On 05/10/2019 at 20:37, Adam Reachs left peg said:

Out of contract end of season worth keeping as a squad man ? 

No we need better and as our transfer dealings have shown this season if you look there are decent players on free transfers available. What was good this year also was that it seemed most were in the bag early.(not announced but common knowledge) rather than last minute desperation.

31 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

No we need better and as our transfer dealings have shown this season if you look there are decent players on free transfers available. What was good this year also was that it seemed most were in the bag early.(not announced but common knowledge) rather than last minute desperation.

It looks loke Joey is this month's Morgan Fox mate. Remeber last month when he was the saviour of the club just because he'd somehow managed to do the bare minimum and have a couple of half decent games? People on here saying how good he was. Ridiculous!

Monk hasn't been picking him either has he.

Same for Joey. If we have to play him as a Catenaccio in front of a back 4 at home against WIGAN to get a half decent game out of him, then it tells me everything I need to know.

Got nothing against either player but lets judge them on their entire time here and neither are good enough for the Championship. Hopefully we can get rig of both in January.

JP's main problem is that he tries to win EVERY single ball - i think this is mainly due to his inability to read the game properly.

His main error was down to this and he got away it 2 or 3 times more

However his attitude is magnificent and he breaks up play well most of the time - Saturday suited him as they were never really intent on running in behind.

Like a fair few of our players - best described as ''good to have in the squad''

8 minutes ago, torres said:

JP's main problem is that he tries to win EVERY single ball - i think this is mainly due to his inability to read the game properly.

However his attitude is magnificent and he breaks up play well most of the time - Saturday suited him as they were never really intent on running in behind.

Like a fair few of our players - best described as ''good to have in the squad''

A bit puzzled shouldn't every player try and win every ball?  What's he supposed to do just watch the ball fly past him?  Or am I missing something?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, torres said:

Exactly.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mycroft said:

A bit puzzled shouldn't every player try and win every ball?  What's he supposed to do just watch the ball fly past him?  Or am I missing something?

Yep you are missing something and showing yourself up a bit. 

Of course you shouldn't try and win every ball!!

It's what 6 year old kids do

Just now, torres said:

Yep you are missing something and showing yourself up a bit. 

Of course you shouldn't try and win every ball!!

It's what 6 year old kids do

Completely agree, even our goal, bizarrely started with a JP error, better control from the 'opposite' who won the ball off him and Borner would have had no choice but to foul him, thankfully Borner had time to win it, went on a rampaging run, confusing their defence and leaving Luongo unmarked.

• Like 1

On 07/10/2019 at 14:32, royalowlisback said:

Completely agree, even our goal, bizarrely started with a JP error, better control from the 'opposite' who won the ball off him and Borner would have had no choice but to foul him, thankfully Borner had time to win it, went on a rampaging run, confusing their defence and leaving Luongo unmarked.

According to someone on here, that counts as JP starting the move 

9 minutes ago, sw1867 said:

Not one single person has said that. You have criticised others for only interpreting a post in the way they want. You are one of the worst culprits.

Someone definitely said it.

Something along the lines of ‘what about him starting the move for the goal?’

my reply was ‘that was Börner’

I won’t wait for your apology.

Just now, sw1867 said:

If it makes you feel better, I apologise yet I haven’t seen anyone say it.

Why does everything have to be black or white and very few can concede they may have got something ever so slightly wrong or can’t give credit where it’s due.

JP isn’t a world beater but he had a decent game. Simple as that.

Thanks

I give credit when I think it’s due.

As I said numerous times I thought JP was average for 60 minutes and good for 30

he's good in a scruffy game, thats not a criticism, cos a lot of the games in The Championship are like the Wigan game, and he plays a part.

He was too far back for most of the game to affect it in any other way bar breaking it up, he was virtually a third centre half at times,

Like someone said...a squad player, we need ALL of them, until we get better players.

3 hours ago, Beholder said:

I wanna see Luongo as holder with Lee and Bannan in front. 

They are the best players. 

Luongo can defend and attack. Pelupessy and Hutch can only defend. 

That's not entirely correct.

Hutchinson is just deployed in that manner, but there is a player in there too.   If only he'd scored that goal against the pigs.

7 hours ago, Beholder said:

I wanna see Luongo as holder with Lee and Bannan in front. 

They are the best players. 

Luongo can defend and attack. Pelupessy and Hutch can only defend. 

not if monk tells him to sit in front of the back 4 he cant …….do you think hutch or joey  sit in front of the back 4 on there own  accord ?...…...

10 minutes ago, torryowl said:

not if monk tells him to sit in front of the back 4 he cant …….do you think hutch or joey  sit in front of the back 4 on there own  accord ?...…...

Correct.

No one but Joey and Hutchinson are disciplined enough to play the defensive role. So if we need a dm infront of the back four, which we will probably need 90% off the time then it's always gonna be one of them two.

10 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Correct.

No one but Joey and Hutchinson are disciplined enough to play the defensive role. So if we need a dm infront of the back four, which we will probably need 90% off the time then it's always gonna be one of them two.

they make me laugh paz  when they criticise where players play.....managers drill there players over and over again  to play a certain role,   ..,..if someone is playing crap then i'll agree with them all the way but where they play is a different matter …..,