Joey Pelupessy

3 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Thought he was good against Everton and again thought he played well today.

I’ve been his biggest critic at times, but gave his all yet again today and did the basics superbly. One mistake in the first half where he slipped and they nearly profited, but apart from that a good performance in front of the back four. 

Against Wigan.

Let that sink in.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

Thought he was usual Joey. Chases the ball. Sits on Bannons shoulder. Can't pass beyond three feet. Bad mistake first half let them in. Poor control. Some tackles. Can't believe Luongo went off and Joey stayed on. 

Luongo was blowing out his arse by the time he scored that cracker. That bought him an extra 10min but you could see he wasn’t ready for 90+ yet. He’ll get there though, he’s got the goods. Needs more game time and deserves it too.

1 hour ago, Owly Mowly said:

Great challenge near the end by the corner flag too - very committed , and loved the congratulations arm on the shoulder  from Bannan 

Was sat just yards away from that on the south stand, was a terrific challenge. Pleased for the lad, he's never going to be a world beater ,that is obvious, but for his commitment and energy he brings to the team I don't think we can grumble.

14 hours ago, stanningtonowl said:

Thought he was usual Joey. Chases the ball. Sits on Bannons shoulder. Can't pass beyond three feet. Bad mistake first half let them in. Poor control. Some tackles. Can't believe Luongo went off and Joey stayed on. 

One error that did let them in I said at the match that despite him playing well that one error will get him slated glad you didn’t let me down

He was overall excellent in the DM role just as he was against Everton

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Mr. Tom said:

Luongo was blowing out his arse by the time he scored that cracker. That bought him an extra 10min but you could see he wasn’t ready for 90+ yet. He’ll get there though, he’s got the goods. Needs more game time and deserves it too.

What is the problem with his fitness. He's been here long enough to have had his own personal pre season.

4 minutes ago, prowl said:

What is the problem with his fitness. He's been here long enough to have had his own personal pre season.

Nothing has the same intensity as a competitive match though. Regardless of how hard you train you always kick it up a gear on matchday, sometimes without even realising 

1 hour ago, Lawrie Madden said:

One error that did let them in I said at the match that despite him playing well that one error will get him slated glad you didn’t let me down

He was overall excellent in the DM role just as he was against Everton

Thats your bias actually.

The poster talks about his performance all game and mentions (rightly) a major error as part of that.

You are the one thinking that post is defining his performance by his error.

Edited by McRightSide

6 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Nothing has the same intensity as a competitive match though. Regardless of how hard you train you always kick it up a gear on matchday, sometimes without even realising 

You could tell he was lacking in sharpness.

Apart from the goal I thought he was generally poor.

14 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Thats your bias actually.

The poster talks about his performance all game and mentions (rightly) a major error as part of that.

You are the one thinking that post is defining his performance by his error.

Aye reight re read the post and that’s exactly what he did ........not 

I have no bias I judge every player I watch on their performance and always hope they play brilliantly I never, and I do mean never, go to a game thinking any of our players are crap or not good enough not being arrogant enough to think I know better than the professional Manager who runs our team 

24 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Aye reight re read the post and that’s exactly what he did ........not 

I have no bias I judge every player I watch on their performance and always hope they play brilliantly I never, and I do mean never, go to a game thinking any of our players are crap or not good enough not being arrogant enough to think I know better than the professional Manager who runs our team 

I wasn’t talking about your bias of how you perceive players, I’m talking about your bias of how others perceive players.

Proved by you saying to your mate he’d get slated for that mistake. Which he didn’t in the post you quoted, it was just merely mentioned as part of the overall performance 

Hutchinson singled him out as having played really well and being a man of the match contender.

Praise too from the manager...

Joey did excellent today, really protected that back line and did a really good job. We needed to compete in the middle of the park and I wanted to put that energy in the middle of the pitch and give us a foothold in the game and being able to compete in the middle of the park against them.

Garry Monk

Joeys problem is...he does the mucky stuff....I hardly noticed him, apart from a daft backheel and a decent tackle near the end...probably says more about me than him.

If you look at it as a whole..Wigan hardly had a chance, one in the first half and the Westwood save in the second.

The back 4 were mainly comfortable, and thats down to who plays in front of them for the most part.

If you play as deep as Pelupessy does, you aren't going to garner plaudits by being creative, cos yer only options are back, sideways or playing a "Holywoodball" upfield

He did his job , we won

Edited by asteener1867
  • Like 1