Joey Pelupessy

Thought he was good against Everton and again thought he played well today.

I’ve been his biggest critic at times, but gave his all yet again today and did the basics superbly. One mistake in the first half where he slipped and they nearly profited, but apart from that a good performance in front of the back four. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Thought he was good against Everton and again thought he played well today.

I’ve been his biggest critic at times, but gave his all yet again today and did the basics superbly. One mistake in the first half where he slipped and they nearly profited, but apart from that a good performance in front of the back four. 

Yep

Guest The Horse

Thought he was a real man out there today.

Monk played this one really well.
He knew what Wigan are like and that we had to be physical, energetic and own midfield where we have been weak so went with a not very pretty but effective duo of Joey and Luongo to do the dirty work.

This allowed Bannan to play in the final third (at last!) instead of sitting in front of the defence.
It worked and for a lack of tempo in that first half, we shoud have been out of sight.

Monk got this spot on today and Joey did all that was aksed of him and more. Well done, Joey Pelupessy!!

Good to see him getting some credit.  

Its a squad game and we will need reliable, hard working players like him over the course of a season. 

Not the best player we've got, but he's always available and never hides, good on him. 

What struck me about the Hull match was that our midfield seemed to lack energy, especially in the second half. For all his failings he certainly has more energy and pace about him than Hutch. I agree he did a lot of good things - blocks, interceptions, tackles but also I think I remember at least 3 occasions where he dawdled on the ball and got caught out. If only his brain was as quick as his legs. 

Thankfully he wasn't so obviously negative with his passing today unlike in the Jos era where it seemed he wasn't allowed to pass forwards. I'm not convinced he's the answer but I thought the midfield had a better balance today giving Bannan a chance to get much further forward. Bannan could play for us the sort of role that Houlihane (spelling?) used to do so well for Norwich 

Pelupessy made me eat my words against  Everton I thought he was excellent and actually contributed too many times I think he just hold a position as an 11 without actually impacting. Didn’t see the game today but it sounds like he’s followed it up again