Fernando Forestieri

4 hours ago, Dan™ said:

Harris and Reach either side of Fletcher, with Forestieri just behind would be my preference.

I agree with everyone that he shouldn't walk straight into the starting eleven, but I'd prefer to see him coming on to replace Harris/Reach rather than Murphy at the moment.

I beg to differ....Reach needs some time out.  He's had one decent game this season so far, was woeful today.  Personally, next game would have Harris (on the right) and FF in, either side of Fletch.  

8 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

I beg to differ....Reach needs some time out.  He's had one decent game this season so far, was woeful today.  Personally, next game would have Harris (on the right) and FF in, either side of Fletch.  

We've started four games with a Reach-Fletcher-Harris front three.

Reading, Fulham, Boro (+ Nuhiu) Wigan - 3 wins, 1 draw.

Since the start of last season we’ve started 16 games with FF, and won 2.

Why would you change Reach-Fletcher-Harris to make room for FF?

Edited by Holmowl

6 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

So is OK and 4-4-2 counts as a win in your debate when you want to use it to demonstrate a front 3 including Reach, Fletcher and Harris? Surely Forestieri would be an opition instead of Nuhiu in that regard?

I agree with you in that he shouldn't go straight back into the side though. We are doing well by and large with 4-3-3 and Forestieri should have to wait his chance.

Monk seems not to be stuck on one formation though and likes the 4-4-2 at times. I am confident we would have faired better at Hull had Fletcher been one of the front two.

5 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

One thing for sure, he can't just walk back into the team. What sort of message would that send out to rest of the boys?

He needs to earn his spot in the squad, and I have serious doubts he will do that actually. Unless he realises that he needs too, to get a new contract either here or elsewhere this summer 

It's a squad game though, over the course of the season we'll have to make changes. Rotation isn't a bad thing if done correctly.

5 hours ago, Holmowl said:

I can’t agree more with this! 433 we look far better team, I get from time to time we’ll identify a weakness In the opposition that requires a tweak to exploit but other than let’s keep doing what’s obviously working. 

That said, none of our players (exception of Reach and Lee in his prime) are capable of playing 40 plus games a season, so there will be plenty of opportunities to swap and change. If only Winnal/Rhodes/Nuhiu were in better form to share the fletcher role a bit. 

Fessi & Harris sharing 90 minutes is a terrifying thought for any championship full back, Reach and Murphy the same. It also allows us to really go for it, chase, work their nads off for 60 minutes knowing that we’ve got fantastic replacements chomping at the bit to get on. 

14 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

One thing for sure, he can't just walk back into the team. What sort of message would that send out to rest of the boys?

He needs to earn his spot in the squad, and I have serious doubts he will do that actually. Unless he realises that he needs too, to get a new contract either here or elsewhere this summer 

Wouldn't it be the same message as any other player coming back after a ban ?

How do you know hes not already earned a place in the squad ?

9 hours ago, Suzuki_San said:

FF has scored one goal against Norwich in two years and that’s it. Strange decision to change a team which has picked up 10 points out of 15 to immediately accommodate him. 

16 minutes ago, 83owl said:

FF has scored one goal against Norwich in two years and that’s it. Strange decision to change a team which has picked up 10 points out of 15 to immediately accommodate him. 

He’s scored more than that against Norwich never mind in total over the last two years. Must be 10 or 11?

22 hours ago, Holmowl said:

12 hours ago, 83owl said:

Purely because Reach needs a break.  By his own admission, he's had a poor season.  Apart from Boro, it's not been up to his usual standards.  Wigan was especially bad...@Holmowl...it's all well and good to quote games we've won with him in the side, but we've carried him at times.

We (and Monk) want to breed a club that gives chances to benched/squad players, when someone in their position is playing badly.  So if we're trying something else at RW, I'd prefer to see FF rather than Murphy, who again...has not exactly pulled up any trees.  

I really rate Reach, and really hope this break will do him some good...but I think dropping him for a game or two will really fire him up and we need the likes of him, Harris and FF (our only creative players, bar Bannans lasers) to be super sharp to have any chance of success this season.  

59 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

Just think if we can get him playing like in Carlos first season that will be the difference between auto and play offs with his goals, cant see it happening tho and he will be on the bench most games

Highly unlikely but we will see. 

On 05/10/2019 at 18:30, sw1867 said:

Slightly off topic but he was sat in his car in the car park after the game. People were trying to get a photo of him with their kids and a steward was saying they couldn’t.

Fessi waved him aside and said it was ok, everyone can have a picture.

Top man

Earned his £30k a week then. WTF:

17 hours ago, Suzuki_San said:

Purely because Reach needs a break.  By his own admission, he's had a poor season.  Apart from Boro, it's not been up to his usual standards.  Wigan was especially bad...@Holmowl...it's all well and good to quote games we've won with him in the side, but we've carried him at times.

We (and Monk) want to breed a club that gives chances to benched/squad players, when someone in their position is playing badly.  So if we're trying something else at RW, I'd prefer to see FF rather than Murphy, who again...has not exactly pulled up any trees.  

I really rate Reach, and really hope this break will do him some good...but I think dropping him for a game or two will really fire him up and we need the likes of him, Harris and FF (our only creative players, bar Bannans lasers) to be super sharp to have any chance of success this season.  

Timing though?

Two assists and a goal in his last 3 matches. Monk isn’t going to sit Reach out.