Fernando Forestieri

If Monk can get a tune out of FF then something like the below might be best? 

Westwood 

Odubajo  Iorfa  Borner   Palmer 

Luongo   Bannan 

Reach    Forestieri    Harris 

Fletcher  

• Like 1

There's certainly never a dull moment when he's on the pitch. Booked for diving (when he didn't), fouled and booked for diving, wonder goal, reyt mardy strop. Good and bad but always something.

Hope he gets his head right and plays like he used to. Down to Monk to find the right button to push.

7 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

If Monk can get a tune out of FF then something like the below might be best? 

Westwood 

Odubajo  Iorfa  Borner   Palmer 

Luongo   Bannan 

Reach    Forestieri    Harris 

Fletcher  

We might get away with this, be interesting

Guest Ferkorf
51 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Why?

Hes awful in a front 2. Tried and failed. 

We have won 2 of his last 16 starts.

Weve lost 2 of our 3 games playing 442 this season.

But you would change things round to make room straightaway?

Maybe you should stop spending so much time peeing on chips and do a little research.

We lost 2 of our 3 games playing 4.4.2

We actually lost 4 games in total in the league the other 2 we played 4.3.3 and against 10 men in one of the games.

Hes awful in the front two yet he was the top scorer 2 years in a row whilst playing mainly upfront.

Injury hit the season after then gets played all over the shop for a season.

Im not a huge fan but we still have a quality player on our hands and I hope monk can get the best out of him then it won't be long till your all singing his name again instead of bitching on here. After all I'm sure you would all rather have rhodes upfront... 

11 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Only if he pulls his finger out ?

Fernando Forrestieri owes us big time ..

Our club have been loyal to him 

Time to put in some overtime  ..

Absolutely.  I struggle to forgive him for refusing to travel to Norwich - but if he gives us the rest of the season at full tilt then maybe.  Any lengthy injuries, suspensions or silly antics off the pitch then he can go for me.

• Like 1

Time for Fessi to knuckle down as he’s not had a run in the team what seems like years. Sure we’ve been through more managers than he’s had games recently

Will be like a new signing and hopefully a good one if Monk can work well with himand get him firing on all cylinders. I’d go to say it’s his last chance with us.  

Id play him off Fletch, maybe just behind him. Fletch works so hard but seems isolated a lot. We play ball for his head but no one there. 

Defo start him at Cardiff. Can be such an asset he need some to play. 

Edited by ozzieowl

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI

My favourite Wednesday player in last 2 decades. I hope he comes back like a coiled spring. My only concern is that we often don’t do well with both him and Bannan on the pitch (I don’t have the stats to back this up, so it may be complete ball locks...) 

8 minutes ago, ozzieowl said:

Time for Fessi to knuckle down as he’s not had a run in the team what seems like years. Sure we’ve been through more managers than he’s had games recently

Will be like a new signing and hopefully a good one if Monk can work well with himand get him firing on all cylinders. I’d go to say it’s his last chance with us.  

Id play him off Fletch, maybe just behind him. Fletch works so hard but seems isolated a lot. We play ball for his head but no one there. 

Defo start him at Cardiff. Can be such an asset he need some to play. 

Hopefully we ease off from trying to find Fletcher’s head, it’s too limiting 

He’ll have to earn a start like Luongo just has , and everyone else 

bit bizarre to be calling for him to be thrown straight in, and there’s not a chance he’s gonna keep Harris out the side , not too sure where Monk will play him but be interesting 

Regarding whether he should 'walk straight back in' - he's bound to be short of match fitness, so I expect he'll start on the bench and probably get 20-30 minutes either at Cardiff or in the next game. Then it's up to him to force his way back into the team.

Of the potential formations, he can certainly play a role in most of them: 4-4-2 (second striker), 4-2-3-1 (number 10) or 4-3-3 (wide forward). But Harris has been one of our best players so far this season and some of the other players competing for these slots (Murphy, Reach, Nuhiu, Winnall) have their virtues. But competition for places is good. Could certainly have used him at Hull the other night.

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Monk will have his own ideas but hopefully he will be battling with Reach and Harris for one of the wide spots in a 433. 

Reach has a goal and two assists in our last 3 games. Harris has been one of our best players. I expect FF will come on as sub for one of these v Cardiff or Stoke. Then hopefully his head is on properly and he tries hard to win and keep one of them out of the side. 

Boring, predictable, conker 

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Why?

Hes awful in a front 2. Tried and failed. 

We have won 2 of his last 16 starts.

Weve lost 2 of our 3 games playing 442 this season.

But you would change things round to make room straightaway?

Feck off you obsessed barstool;

As weve all seen time and time again forestieri doesn't have the power/bulk to play in that advanced m/f role. Having him tussleing with opponents midfield players is just a waste of tallent. This is probably why many have him down as a wide player.  As ive said elsewhere he dropped deep under carlos and later jos out of frustration.  He is our most technically gifted player.

If we played him as our most advanced forward he would frighten the life out of most championship defences and he would pull defenders out of position. He would give this team a totally different attacking option, especially against those teams that play a high back line. 

4 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

To be fair the two games we have lost playing 4-4-2 have both been without Fletcher playing. If we had started any of the games where we have played 4-3-3 with Nuhiu or Winnall in the central position instead of Fletcher then our record with that formation might not be too clever either.

We clinched the result at Huddersfield when we went to 4-4-2 with Fletcher & Winnall as well.

No we lost v QPR in a 442 with Fletcher-FF up front.

Then at Hull with Fletcher-Nuhiu.

11 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

No we lost v QPR in a 442 with Fletcher-FF up front.

Then at Hull with Fletcher-Nuhiu.

The QPR game was a poor performance but under a different manager who to be fair, is not cut out to manage at this level at this time.

Fletcher did not play at Hull and that was very evident.

12 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

The QPR game was a poor performance but under a different manager who to be fair, is not cut out to manage at this level at this time.

Fletcher did not play at Hull and that was very evident.

Sorry Nuhiu-Winnal.