Fernando Forestieri

18 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

If he’s fit and ready, yes let’s see what Monk can do with him tactically. Hopefully we won’t go 4-4-2, but if we don’t, where does he fit in? Most seem to think he is at his most effective coming in from the left, but that is where Harris is operating

supporting striker...

17 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

If he’s fit and ready, yes let’s see what Monk can do with him tactically. Hopefully we won’t go 4-4-2, but if we don’t, where does he fit in? Most seem to think he is at his most effective coming in from the left, but that is where Harris is operating

can he play harris closer to fletcher as a strike partner?

with ff as advanced m/f? 

if not, then can ff give close support to fletcher? I doubt it will be effective often enough.

if we want 2 up against lesser sides, then can ff, reach, and bannan play in the same team? or are there too many lightweights?

10 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

He cant walk back into the team?

Really? 

Last few games half the team have been well below par.

If he is fit he should be starting hands down. Although cardiff away may call for the same formation as today but if that formations 4-4-2 he should be starting upfront.

Why?

Hes awful in a front 2. Tried and failed. 

We have won 2 of his last 16 starts.

Weve lost 2 of our 3 games playing 442 this season.

But you would change things round to make room straightaway?

20 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Monk will have his own ideas but hopefully he will be battling with Reach and Harris for one of the wide spots in a 433. 

Reach has a goal and two assists in our last 3 games. Harris has been one of our best players. I expect FF will come on as sub for one of these v Cardiff or Stoke. Then hopefully his head is on properly and he tries hard to win and keep one of them out of the side. 

we don't really need to drop our better performers.

sit him down and ask him where he see's himself playing to be most effective.

matt busby gave george best no job to do in the united side, he was free to roam and do damage, maybe ff should have that role.

but if so it would be looking rough for reach as a 'floating' ff with harris an fletcher in attack would leave us short of numbers in defensive m/f, and short in numbers would need quality to make up for it. thus bannan, reach, ff and harris in the same side?

I guess reach will make way for monk to see ff play, by next season i'd have moved bannan up to solely attacking m/f, and let reach and ff go.

Guest The Horse

I'm as big a fan of Fernando as you can get but he needs to earn his place.
Him being available now should give Reach and Harris the incentive to keep their performance levels at their highest.
A headache for Monk, albeit a welcome one and a real migraine for the oppostion managers to contend with when we have such options to throw at them.

Personally, I can't wait for him to be back.
Players like him are why I love football: flair, passion, energy and gets everyone on the edge of the seat when he sets off on one.
He's been nusring injuries for way too long but has shook them off now and should be raring to go. Exciting times - competition for places and well placed despite not firing on all cylinders yet.

Bring it on!

10 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Why?

Hes awful in a front 2. Tried and failed. 

We have won 2 of his last 16 starts.

Weve lost 2 of our 3 games playing 442 this season.

But you would change things round to make room straightaway?

To be fair the two games we have lost playing 4-4-2 have both been without Fletcher playing. If we had started any of the games where we have played 4-3-3 with Nuhiu or Winnall in the central position instead of Fletcher then our record with that formation might not be too clever either.

We clinched the result at Huddersfield when we went to 4-4-2 with Fletcher & Winnall as well.

29 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

He cant walk back into the team?

Really? 

Last few games half the team have been well below par.

If he is fit he should be starting hands down. Although cardiff away may call for the same formation as today but if that formations 4-4-2 he should be starting upfront.

Of course he can't just walk back in. He hasn't done anything of note for us now since 2017, barring a wonder goal at Norwich.

He needs to earn his spot, same as anyone else.

The question is; does he have the ability and desire any more? I'm not too sure he does.

Key to it, will be how well he links up with Fletcher. Previously he’s struggled when it comes to playing with Fletcher. He’s been better with Joao or Hooper, even Nuhiu. The main reason, he receives the ball quicker from those three. However, I feel Fletcher’s all round game is better now 

Harris and Reach either side of Fletcher, with Forestieri just behind would be my preference.

I agree with everyone that he shouldn't walk straight into the starting eleven, but I'd prefer to see him coming on to replace Harris/Reach rather than Murphy at the moment.

3 minutes ago, Dan™ said:

Harris and Reach either side of Fletcher, with Forestieri just behind would be my preference.

I agree with everyone that he shouldn't walk straight into the starting eleven, but I'd prefer to see him coming on to replace Harris/Reach rather than Murphy at the moment.

Only if he pulls his finger out ?

Fernando Forrestieri owes us big time ..

Our club have been loyal to him 

Time to put in some overtime  ..

• Like 1