Borner

5 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

I got negged to death at the start of the season when I said stick with borner and stop perusing hector. All I got was, "but hector was our player of the season we need to do all we can to get him" 

It’s some weird obsession that Wednesday fans have that players who have been on loan to us are world class and anyone who takes  their place is no good. Ben 10, Wickham, Hector were never our players but people still pine for them like some schoolboy thinking about his first ex girlfriend.

• Haha 1

On 05/10/2019 at 23:54, S61 Owl said:

The price quoted for Hector was £4-5mil, Borner was free and is quality and so far error free. Yes would’ve loved Hector back but Borner hasn’t put a foot wrong so far and has adapted to Championship life with ease. For me we can use the money saved to invest in other areas 

I totally agree - I don’t dispute he’s a very good signing 

He just isn’t as good as Hector

Don't think there is much between Hector and Borner overall apart from the price tag.  

Hector stands out due to his more cultured style, appearance and liking for the ping upfield.  Borner just gets on with it and does the unglamorous stuff very well, plus wears black boots.

From a value for money perspective Borner is the man.  

On 06/10/2019 at 09:45, agentwalker said:

I got negged to death at the start of the season when I said stick with borner and stop perusing hector. All I got was, "but hector was our player of the season we need to do all we can to get him" 

This post is ripe for another episode of ‘Did they really get negged to death, let’s use the search function and find out’.

• Haha 2

On 06/10/2019 at 09:54, 83owl said:

It’s some weird obsession that Wednesday fans have that players who have been on loan to us are world class and anyone who takes  their place is no good. Ben 10, Wickham, Hector were never our players but people still pine for them like some schoolboy thinking about his first ex girlfriend.

But..to be fair we had seen Hector and knew little of Borner..If Borner had turned out like van aken...would you still want Hector...?

Having said that...whoever found Borner deserves a pat on the back

On 05/10/2019 at 18:28, Ferkorf said:

I hope the club are having a good look around the division he came from see if they can uncover any more gems

Cracking player and I hope the people at the club will be.

To be honest it only underlines the quality and how terrible value for money players are in the English Championship.

Borner is a classic aggressive and physical yet cultured defender

Reminds me of the likes of Thome, Walker, Viv etc

An absolute steal on a free and wouldn't surprise me if he's made captain or we sell him for something astronomical he is that good

Edited by Hack-Abusi

26 minutes ago, S1Owl said:

He's class, hard in tackle and good on ball. Can't wait for him to score. Why don't we have flags with pics of players like scouse.

Imagine the scenes from him when he scores, we’ve seen his celebrations just from a block lol